Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Music (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/)
-   -   RIP David Crosby (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/rip-david-crosby-338337/)

Kenswing 01-19-2023 05:52 PM

RIP David Crosby

He was certainly an entertainer of an entire generation.

Taltarzac725 01-19-2023 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 2177543)

That he was.

Bay Kid 01-20-2023 09:39 AM

So sad that our generation of entertainers are passing. He was so talented.

OrangeBlossomBaby 01-20-2023 09:45 AM

His was the voice that synced the others in CSN(Y) into a cohesive harmonic sound. A troubled soul who expressed himself in heartbreakingly beautiful music. Wooden Ships is one of my all-time favorites. Learning of his passing hit me like a brick.

Rainger99 01-20-2023 10:15 AM

This is from the December 12, 1965 Ed Sullivan show. A very young looking David Crosby - without the moustache - is on the far left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnstCrL1_e0

walterray1 01-20-2023 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenswing (Post 2177543)

He was my all time favorite singer. His harmonies with Graham Nash were the best. Saw him and CSN many times in concert. Feel a bit broken today even though I knew this day was coming given his health issues. His song "I won't stay for long" on his 2021 For Free CD is prophetic and beautiful.

LuvNH 01-20-2023 10:56 AM

Does anyone remember a sitcom where he was the Father of the young female lead and kept sort of popping up whenever someone wanted to date her. It was a few years ago, but he was alrewady wearing the beret and a long orange beard.

fdpaq0580 01-20-2023 11:02 AM

😔 Heartbreaks happen too often these days.
RIP

walterray1 01-20-2023 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvNH (Post 2177755)
Does anyone remember a sitcom where he was the Father of the young female lead and kept sort of popping up whenever someone wanted to date her. It was a few years ago, but he was alrewady wearing the beret and a long orange beard.

No, but he did play a pirate in the Robin Williams/Dustin Hoffman Peter Pan movie Hook.

Caymus 01-20-2023 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvNH (Post 2177755)

The only reoccurring role in a sitcom appears to have been on the John Larroquett Show. But it doesn't seem to match your memory. Was it a single episode?

David Crosby - IMDb

JMintzer 01-20-2023 03:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From the late 70's...

LuvNH 01-20-2023 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caymus (Post 2177770)
The only reoccurring role in a sitcom appears to have been on the John Larroquett Show. But it doesn't seem to match your memory. Was it a single episode?

David Crosby - IMDb

I think he only appeared a couple of times and I really have no idea what the show was called. It will haunt me now. I believe there was a running joke about what he was carrying in his guitar case.,

walterray1 01-20-2023 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuvNH (Post 2177845)
I think he only appeared a couple of times and I really have no idea what the show was called. It will haunt me now. I believe there was a running joke about what he was carrying in his guitar case.,

Pretty pathetic that with David Crosby's musical talent and legacy there is an exchange about an obscure tv show appearance. Whatever, your right. He was an extremely talented, flawed and amazing talent. Loved him my whole adult life for being there with my important moments. Yes, when things happen music plays an important point. His was and continues to by mine. Listening to his 2021 CD For Free. The last song on it is I Won't Stay For Long. Prophetic and hits close to home. Check it out if interested.

Ecuadog 01-21-2023 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walterray1 (Post 2177918)
Pretty pathetic that with David Crosby's musical talent and legacy there is an exchange about an obscure tv show appearance. Whatever, your right. He was an extremely talented, flawed and amazing talent. Loved him my whole adult life for being there with my important moments. Yes, when things happen music plays an important point. His was and continues to by mine. Listening to his 2021 CD For Free. The last song on it is I Won't Stay For Long. Prophetic and hits close to home. Check it out if interested.

So, you don't know the name of the obscure tv show either?

Bay Kid 01-21-2023 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2177743)
This is from the December 12, 1965 Ed Sullivan show. A very young looking David Crosby - without the moustache - is on the far left.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnstCrL1_e0

I didn't remember playing w/The Byrds. Thank you for sharing.