Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Itinerary for one day visit (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/itinerary-one-day-visit-338462/)

Gulfcoast 01-23-2023 06:53 PM

Itinerary for one day visit

What would be a good sample itinerary for a one day visit to The Villages?

Stu from NYC 01-23-2023 06:54 PM

Not enough time but what are you looking to accomplish?

Rainger99 01-23-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulfcoast (Post 2179127)

Go to at least 2 Town Squares and be sure one of them is in the evening for the entertainment. Drive Morse and Buena Vista, go to a couple of the large Rec centers such as Everglades and Ezell and go to 3 or 4 open houses to get a feel for what is out there and what it costs. I would not play pickleball or golf - I assume that people have done that outside The Villages.

Gulfcoast 01-23-2023 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2179128)
Not enough time but what are you looking to accomplish?

I know it's not nearly enough time. This is more of a check it out, see what is there and then plan a longer visit. I know TV is huge. I'm just trying to narrow down the must sees. We won't be getting guest passes to the rec centers and whatnot. We're not even staying overnight. It'll be a daytrip.

ThirdOfFive 01-23-2023 07:08 PM

Quote:

Take a trolley tour. It's a sales pitch but gives you an idea of what TV looks like. They leave at specified intervals from Brownwood.

villagetinker 01-23-2023 07:18 PM

If you are serious about moving to the villages, contact the sales office for an agent, explain to the agent what you want to do and let them to the driving and explaining. We did this about 3 or 4 years before we actually bought. The sales agent from the initial contact was the one we used for the purchase. As noted above you cannot do TV in a day, it is around 70 square MILES. The website can give you some information and from there you may be able to narrow down your search to a more specific area. We are in the Brownwood area, which is now near the center of the villages, it was the southern end when we built, but we really like the area. There are currently 3 houses for sale in this area.

rjm1cc 01-23-2023 07:21 PM

Drive around and see if you like the landscaping, easy of getting to stores, etc. You are trying to decide if you want to make a return trip or not. I can see a stop at the sales office for a couple of hours as a must. You are not so much interested in the different homes but what the life style will be and the sales person should be able to give you an over view.

Aces4 01-23-2023 08:04 PM

Quote:

I’d spend the day trying to book a week. You need at least that for a good review of The Villages.

Gulfcoast 01-23-2023 08:14 PM

Thank you all for the information and ideas. This trip is more to get the lay of the land and familiarize ourselves with TV as best we can in a day. I like the idea of fitting in at least two of the town squares. My thought is we will hit either Spanish Springs or Sumter Landing on the way in and stop for breakfast and do some browsing. From there we'll travel towards Brownwood and see about a trolley tour. Is there anything much to see in the sales office, itself? Once we take the trolley tour we'll check out Brownwood Square and maybe drive through some of the surrounding neighborhoods and shopping areas.

I don't think we'll have time to go through any houses. We aren't going there intending to buy now, this is more to get a feel for where we'll be looking.

What restaurant would you recommend for a late lunch/early dinner? Thank you all again!

Gulfcoast 01-23-2023 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 2179142)
Drive around and see if you like the landscaping, easy of getting to stores, etc. You are trying to decide if you want to make a return trip or not. I can see a stop at the sales office for a couple of hours as a must. You are not so much interested in the different homes but what the life style will be and the sales person should be able to give you an over view.

We have dogs so I know we'll want a fenced in yard. That will limit the models for us.

Rainger99 01-23-2023 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulfcoast (Post 2179133)
We won't be getting guest passes to the rec centers and whatnot.

I think you can visit the rec centers without a guest pass. You can’t swim or play pickleball without a pass but if you walked in and just wanted to look around, it shouldn’t be a problem. If there is a problem, tell them you are thinking about moving to TV.

Gulfcoast 01-23-2023 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2179174)
I think you can visit the rec centers without a guest pass. You can’t swim or play pickleball without a pass but if you walked in and just wanted to look around, it shouldn’t be a problem. If there is a problem, tell them you are thinking about moving to TV.

That would be perfect! We'll definitely check to see if we can get a look inside a rec center or two.

Rainger99 01-23-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulfcoast (Post 2179180)
That would be perfect! We'll definitely check to see if we can get a look inside a rec center or two.

Make sure you visit the regional recreation centers.

Recreation Center Locations

Gulfcoast 01-23-2023 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2179190)
Make sure you visit the regional recreation centers.

Recreation Center Locations

These are the country run rec centers as opposed to the private rec centers in TV?

Which regional rec center would be close to Brownwood Square?

JMintzer 01-23-2023 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gulfcoast (Post 2179192)
These are the country run rec centers as opposed to the private rec centers in TV?

Which regional rec center would be close to Brownwood Square?

No, that list is of The Villages rec centers...

The closest Regional (larger) rec center to Brownwood is Eisenhower. There might be some smaller ones nearby as well...