Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Christmas morning brunch (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/christmas-morning-brunch-33891/)

redwitch 11-28-2010 10:02 AM

Christmas morning brunch

Anyone know of a restaurant that has a good Christmas morning brunch? Does Katie Belle's have one?

Becky 11-28-2010 06:38 PM

Sorry can't help you red, but how 'bout you making brunch!

Becky

redwitch 11-28-2010 07:30 PM

I was going to but I broke my elbow -- cooking is rather difficult right now.

TommyT 11-28-2010 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 311720)
Anyone know of a restaurant that has a good Christmas morning brunch? Does Katie Belle's have one?

I for one sure hope not. That day SHOULD be reserved for family and I'm sure those folks working there have family of their own and I bet they would like to spend time with them at home.... Where we should be too.

my .02

Pturner 11-28-2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 311823)

Ouch, Red. How'd you do that?

Bill-n-Brillo 11-28-2010 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 311823)

I hate it when that happens!! :) Hope you're not in too much pain.

Bill

Tom Hannon 11-29-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 311844)
Ouch, Red. How'd you do that?

PT isn't the only one waiting to hear the answer.

missypie 11-29-2010 07:35 AM

Just an idea, buy a quiche, some fresh cut up fruit and voila!

redwitch 11-29-2010 08:05 AM

Quite simply, I tripped, landed on one arm and pushed the radius into the humerus (and, no, I wasn't laughing), broke the radius cap. Would be nice if they could splint it or cast it, but no such luck -- don't use it (HA!) and wear a sling. Stupid thing hurts like the dickens.

scrapple 12-01-2010 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 311841)
I for one sure hope not. That day SHOULD be reserved for family and I'm sure those folks working there have family of their own and I bet they would like to spend time with them at home.... Where we should be too.

my .02

I often thought the same thing when I worked all those holidays over the years! (had to be said)
Many people don't have families to be with and just might rather be working, hoping patrons will be a bit more generous on Christmas or glad for the overtime. An elderly couple hosting a houseful might just be better off taking the group to a brunch. People here on Lifestyle visits can't cook in the rentals.
C'mon over to my place, Red. I'll fix ya up a plate of scrambled!

red tail 12-01-2010 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TommyT (Post 311841)

my .02

hogwash....i worked all my life for an airline and almost every christmas...the world doesnt stop for everyone!!!

Mudder 12-01-2010 01:40 PM

You can cook on the Lifestyle programs in the rental villas, we did !

Avista 12-01-2010 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by red tail (Post 312309)
hogwash....i worked all my life for an airline and almost every christmas...the world doesnt stop for everyone!!!

Agreed! I was a nurse and worked many Christmases--even when I had little ones at home.

2BNTV 12-01-2010 03:01 PM

For most people, it's human nature to want to be with your family on Christmas day but the retail industry is a different animal. IMHO - I found almost all businesses were closed and to find a place to eat will require some calling around.

It sounds like it is very painful. Hope you feel better Red.

sands 12-01-2010 03:08 PM

Red, so sorry to hear about your injury and discomfort. I wish you a speedy and full recovery. Thank goodness for us, you're still able to type in the meantime!