Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About Golf Carts and Things (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/)
-   -   Electric golf cart charging places (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-golf-carts-things-156/electric-golf-cart-charging-places-340633/)

jennaber188@aol.com 04-16-2023 09:47 AM

Electric golf cart charging places

Looking for info on places to charge a golf cart. We are planning a long day of site seeing and want to make sure we can plug in if needed. Can anyone suggest locations? Thanks in advance.

Battlebasset 04-16-2023 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jennaber188@aol.com (Post 2208012)
Looking for info on places to charge a golf cart. We are planning a long day of site seeing and want to make sure we can plug in if needed. Can anyone suggest locations? Thanks in advance.

I'm not aware of any. If you bought the cart from Villages Golf Carts maybe they would let you plug in if needed? Another thought - Swap carts for the day with a neighbor that has a gas cart.

villagetinker 04-16-2023 12:39 PM

AH, you have just hit the major reason I will not own an electric cart. I have never seen any public charging facilities for these. Having stated this, I have no idea if some of the new electric car charging facilities would have options for electric golf carts, or if you be able to get to them legally. I like the suggestion of borrowing or renting a gas cart for your extended trip, most if not all of these have a 200+ mile range on a full tank of gas.

REDCART 04-16-2023 12:53 PM

We’ve only owned one electric cart in 13 years and it’s an E-z-Go. So I admit my knowledge and experience is somewhat limited. The charger with attached cable appears to be unique to E-Z-Go and would not fit another brand of cart. If this is still true you’d have to carry the charger around with you and hang out for several hours while charging. Doesn’t sound practical.

n8xwb 04-16-2023 01:32 PM

Even talking about looking for a charging station for your golf cart is silly. (Please don't be offended!). There is no such animal as a rapid charger for golf carts. A typical cart might have say a 40 mile range. Then you have to charge it perhaps 8 or 10 hours for another 40 miles. So would you really consider hanging around a charger for an hour to get maybe 4 or 5 miles more range? I wouldn't!

Bill14564 04-16-2023 01:44 PM

I've gone 42 miles in my new EZ Go with some room to spare. This meant driving from Brownwood to Savannah Center to the Historic Side to Spanish Springs to Sawgrass to Edna's and back. That's a lot of sightseeing for one day.

If I wanted to charge on the road I would need to carry my charger with its special connector. But even if I had it with me I don't know of any publicly-accessible 110V outlets to use.

Bill14564 04-16-2023 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n8xwb (Post 2208106)
Even talking about looking for a charging station for your golf cart is silly. (Please don't be offended!). There is no such animal as a rapid charger for golf carts. A typical cart might have say a 40 mile range. Then you have to charge it perhaps 8 or 10 hours for another 40 miles. So would you really consider hanging around a charger for an hour to get maybe 4 or 5 miles more range? I wouldn't!

Mine gets over 50 miles from a full charge. 42 miles of driving took about 6hours to recharge or about 7 mile per hour of being plugged in. Edna's, Sawgrass, Everglades, and Lake Sumter are all about 7 miles from home. I could easily consider spending an hour at any of them to recharge enough to get home. But, I don't believe power is available today.

Keefelane66 04-16-2023 03:24 PM

We had someone at our mail station Pennycamp charging their cart until someone took their extension cord.

UpNorth 04-16-2023 03:47 PM

Unless you plan on driving more than 60 miles a day, you should have no problem. You might get tired just driving 30 miles a day.

JoMar 04-16-2023 04:43 PM

I guess the question is what you mean by long day of sightseeing? We have two electric carts and going 40 miles on a charge is not an issue...that of course is all dependent on what kind of batteries you have, how old the cart is and if renting, from who? Our carts have built in chargers so only need is to carry the cord and they can be plugged in anywhere. I agree that is probably not what I would plan on doing though. Gas has some advantages but for us, more disadvantages.

dewilson58 04-16-2023 05:20 PM

I would not recommend taking an extension cord and stealing electricity from random outlets. But that's jus me. :oops:

ohioshooter 04-16-2023 05:35 PM

The op didn’t say if their cart was lithium battery. If it is, I wouldn’t be concerned, if not you might have a problem

tophcfa 04-16-2023 05:44 PM

You could carry a gas generator on the back of your electric golf cart.

Papa_lecki 04-16-2023 07:32 PM

Watch Goldwingnut’s videos and get a subscription to the cart rescue guy.

There are no chagring stations. As mentioned before, you would need to plug in someplace public, but someone is paying for that electricity.

DARFAP 04-16-2023 08:17 PM

Lithium Ion batteries charge much faster.