Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New Troll Reporting Deed Violations in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-troll-reporting-deed-violations-villages-340733/)

Bogie Shooter 04-20-2023 04:37 PM

New Troll Reporting Deed Violations in The Villages

Representative from Community Standards advised us today we had a landscape violation. Flowers planted within the 13’ street right-a-way. Regardless that flowers have been there since 2005
Ours was one of 25, so far, submitted by the same individual. All anonymous via email, (the real cowards way). From Lady Lake to Fenny.

The flowers were removed before the Rep. had finished talking to a neighbor across the street….who also had a violation.

dewilson58 04-20-2023 04:52 PM

:ohdear::ohdear::ohdear:

rustyp 04-20-2023 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2209436)
Representative from Community Standards advised us today we had a landscape violation. Flowers planted within the 13’ street right-a-way. Regardless that flowers have been there since 2005
Ours was one of 25, so far, submitted by the same individual. All anonymous via email, (the real cowards way). From Lady Lake to Fenny.

The flowers were removed before the Rep. had finished talking to a neighbor across the street….who also had a violation.

You are not new to TV. No ifs ands or buts work at the meetings. 2005 is no defense !!! I don't like it either but you need a two front battle. The first one you already lost. The second one is up to you to rally the troops to amend the covenants.

BrianL99 04-20-2023 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 2209440)
You are not new to TV. No ifs ands or buts work at the meetings. 2005 is no defense !!! I don't like it either but you need a two front battle. The first one you already lost. The second one is up to you to rally the troops to amend the covenants.

This is great. We need way more reporting and a lot fewer violations.

If someone didn't like the rules, they shouldn't have bought here.

If they bought with violations in place, they're at fault for being inattentive or just dumb.

tophcfa 04-20-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

I’m sure the flowers had a very nice eye appeal and were appreciated by your neighbors. I blows my mind that inconsiderate homeowners can run a neighborhood disrupting revolving door AIRBnB and the deed restrictions violated are ignored, but you are forced to remove flowers? If removing those flowers could possibly slow new home sales south of 44 you could be certain the trolls complaint would have fallen on deaf ears.

blueash 04-20-2023 05:20 PM

Quote:

If you knew who submitted the notice of your violation to Community Standards, what change would that make in how you would feel? Perhaps you'd like to check their home for violations to exact some revenge? Perhaps you'd like to confront them at their door to give them a piece of your mind? Perhaps you are a big supporter of second amendment solutions?

Maybe you think flowers in violation should require a person to give their name, but wrong paint, or a giant Buddha, or mold and broken lawn mowers on the grass should not? Give us the criteria you would suggest.

Blueblaze 04-20-2023 05:24 PM

OMG! Flowers near the street! Alert the media!

I'm still trying to figure out who has a yard big enough the AVOID putting flowers that close the street. In my neighborhood, nearly everyone has some sort of flowerbed in their front yard. And get this -- some even have 8" crosses!

Sure glad I bought my retirement home amongst a bunch of dangerous rebels just like me! I'd hate to offend a flower-hater!

Bill14564 04-20-2023 05:28 PM

There really ought to be rule that you can only file a complaint for the Unit (neighborhood) where you live. What someone has in their yard up near Lake Sumter Landing is of no concern to me. My property is of no concern to anyone but my neighbors who have to look at it.

There are enough activities in the Villages as it is. We don't need to add trolling for compliance issues.

justjim 04-20-2023 05:28 PM

There are some Landscapers who plant flowers, shrubs, trees and build landscape walls all across The Villages that violate deed restrictions. The number is in the hundreds. That said, residents are legally responsible. Sorry to hear that trolls are active again.

Mleeja 04-20-2023 05:38 PM

Ok, here is your tip. Emails are public records. If the “complaints” came in via email you can file a request to see them.

dewilson58 04-20-2023 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 2209450)
If you knew who submitted the notice of your violation to Community Standards, what change would that make in how you would feel? Perhaps you'd like to check their home for violations to exact some revenge? Perhaps you'd like to confront them at their door to give them a piece of your mind? Perhaps you are a big supporter of second amendment solutions?

Maybe you think flowers in violation should require a person to give their name, but wrong paint, or a giant Buddha, or mold and broken lawn mowers on the grass should not?

It's none of "perhaps" which you post.

It's a troll, 25 complains and on a street the complainer probably does not live.

Yes, a real coward's way.

Speaks volumes about the person.

Hape2Bhr 04-20-2023 05:57 PM

I wonder if the troll was someone who was belittled after posting on TOTV's.

rustyp 04-20-2023 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL99 (Post 2209445)
This is great. We need way more reporting and a lot fewer violations.

If someone didn't like the rules, they shouldn't have bought here.

If they bought with violations in place, they're at fault for being inattentive or just dumb.

Another battle I would like to see is if a home inspection is made and a covenant violation was not identified then the inspection company should be financially liable for correction. None of this BS of returning the cost of the inspection.

dewilson58 04-20-2023 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 2209464)
Another battle I would like to see is if a home inspection is made and a covenant violation was not identified then the inspection company should be financially liable for correction. None of this BS of returning the cost of the inspection.

do home inspectors certify compliance with covenants??

coralway 04-20-2023 06:18 PM

Quote:

You had a landscape violation - you were wrong. If you feel violated, you can always move. The fewer Karens and Kens we have here, the better