Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Bluefin Thursday May 12, 2023 (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/bluefin-thursday-may-12-2023-a-341247/)

Truebrit 05-12-2023 07:07 AM

Bluefin Thursday May 12, 2023

These comments are directed toward the pair of thieves who ordered an expensive lunch along with an $85 bottle of wine and then left Bluefin without paying. Just wanted you to know you left behind a devastated waitress who cried but tried desperately not to let her customers know. Not that trash like you would care about that, but you may care that your nasty faces are in full view on Bluefin’s cameras so now there are pictures of you warning staff to be on the lookout. The female thief said she was from Kentucky visiting her mother which was probably a lie but thieves are usually dumb as rocks so who knows. Low lives like you are not welcome in The Villages. Go back to the slime you crawled out of and stay with the other rodents.

Bilyclub 05-12-2023 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Truebrit (Post 2216804)
These comments are directed toward the pair of thieves who ordered an expensive lunch along with an $85 bottle of wine and then left Bluefin without paying. Just wanted you to know you left behind a devastated waitress who cried but tried desperately not to let her customers know. Not that trash like you would care about that, but you may care that your nasty faces are in full view on Bluefin’s cameras so now there are pictures of you warning staff to be on the lookout. The female thief said she was from Kentucky visiting her mother which was probably a lie but thieves are usually dumb as rocks so who knows. Low lives like you are not welcome in The Villages. Go back to the slime you crawled out of and stay with the other rodents.

Sure hope they filed a report with the Wildwood PD and turned over the video. I'm sure they might know who they are.

Battlebasset 05-12-2023 07:36 AM

Wow. Disgusting.

Not bragging, but I had a situation recently where we went out to eat and when I filled out the credit card receipt, I accidently grabbed that one and left the unfilled one. I just happened to discover it when the texts I receive when I use the credit card only showed the cost of the meal charged.

The next morning I put the tip amount in cash in an envelope and went back to the restaurant and asked for the waitress by name, as not only did I want to give her the tip, but I wanted to apologize. I also wanted her to see my face so the next time I'm there, she won't think "That's the jerk that stiffed me on a tip!".

She was happy, and I got to feel good. Win win.

Eagle06 05-12-2023 07:41 AM

Share their picture with all of the Restaurants in the Villages and "Post" their picture where all can see!

ThirdOfFive 05-12-2023 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilyclub (Post 2216816)
Sure hope they filed a report with the Wildwood PD and turned over the video. I'm sure they might know who they are.

Ditto. I'm sure the local law enforcement will do everything it can to find these two putzes.

Far better for them to go back and own up to it now, rather than wait for that (inevitable) knock on their door. And it WILL come.

JohnN 05-12-2023 02:38 PM

I hope karma catches them if the police don't

msilagy 05-13-2023 04:38 AM

I sincerely hope that Blue Fin does not make that waitress pay their bill. With all the money this group of restaurant owners take in from their restaurants let's hope in my opinion they do the right thing. What a shame!

MidWestIA 05-13-2023 05:07 AM

put their names out here - make them famous

I paid a wrong amount once & went back and fixed it

Worldseries27 05-13-2023 05:55 AM

With all the intersection cameras as well as the one's at the gates and a known timeline i'm sure they have bonnie and clyde's plate #. The rest is a formality
better call saul

Bridget Staunton 05-13-2023 06:14 AM

I did the same thing. I picked up the receipt & my hubby accidentally picked up the restaurant receipt. Got in my car drive to Bellevue and paid tip & bill. God is good

Bay Kid 05-13-2023 06:53 AM

Put their picture out there and we will find them.

TeresaE 05-13-2023 07:07 AM

Delete post

ellenwelsh 05-13-2023 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Battlebasset (Post 2216822)
Wow. Disgusting.

Not bragging, but I had a situation recently where we went out to eat and when I filled out the credit card receipt, I accidently grabbed that one and left the unfilled one. I just happened to discover it when the texts I receive when I use the credit card only showed the cost of the meal charged.

The next morning I put the tip amount in cash in an envelope and went back to the restaurant and asked for the waitress by name, as not only did I want to give her the tip, but I wanted to apologize. I also wanted her to see my face so the next time I'm there, she won't think "That's the jerk that stiffed me on a tip!".

She was happy, and I got to feel good. Win win.

The tip doesn’t show on your charge notification email because the charge was made before you added it. The tip gets added after the fact.

Nucky 05-13-2023 07:38 AM

Bastards! I’m sure a place like The Blue Fin has their act together enough to try and prevent the Chew and Screw Syndrome. I just hope the poor waitress didn’t have to pick up those low life’s tab.

There are plenty of good hearted Villagers who would have scooped up that check in a heartbeat.

ChilePepper 05-13-2023 08:01 AM

Perhaps the wine was so strong they forgot to pay.