Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Dismiss from rehab (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/dismiss-rehab-341565/)

starflyte1 05-24-2023 06:09 AM

Dismiss from rehab

Please, this is no joke. I am in rehab and they won’t let me out. I have been in here 16 days after hip revision. I have no pain and have taking cAre of myself since Saturday. I have been trying to be dismissed since Monday.

Who can I call or where do I go for help?

Their excuse is that I need more therapy. I already have home therapy health set up for when I go home.

If I call the office I get voice mail.

retiredguy123 05-24-2023 06:18 AM

You can just leave. Although, it is possible that your insurance coverage may be affected.

starflyte1 05-24-2023 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2220453)
You can just leave. Although, it is possible that your insurance coverage may be affected.

Thanks, but I want to be released by them.

golfing eagles 05-24-2023 06:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 2220449)
Please, this is no joke. I am in rehab and they won’t let me out. I have been in here 16 days after hip revision. I have no pain and have taking cAre of myself since Saturday. I have been trying to be dismissed since Monday.

Their excuse is that I need more therapy. I already have home therapy health set up for when I go home.

If I read this correctly, you are self-sufficient, pain free, and have a follow up plan already in place and "they" won't discharge you. If that is exactly the case, that's insane.

So, I would start by calling the orthopedist that did the surgery and get in contact with the physician in charge at the rehab facility. That facility should also have discharge planners. If that fails, you can play "hardball"---talk to the administrator of the facility and tell them you are going to call the Medicare or third party insurer fraud division and ask them to investigate. (the number is prominent on any Medicare EOB). Unless there is another issue here, 16 days seems long already-----my 90 year old mother was home 9 days after THR with home PT. But then again, that was NY medicine, not Florida medicine.

Eg_cruz 05-24-2023 07:06 AM

Quote:

Go talk to the Social workers and your doctor. When my dad was at the Club we told him it was time to go home and get home care. The social worker is the one that will set up your home care.
If you have questions please send me a message and I will let you know how we got him out.
He is doing great at home.

Eg_cruz 05-24-2023 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2220453)

If they just leave she will mess up her home care coverage

Whitley 05-24-2023 07:36 AM

Quote:

Are your family members involved in any way? Do you have children who are speaking with the social worker at the rehab location that you are in? I understand you feel as though you are a kidnap victim, however often times there are different aspects that you may not be seeing. Ask to speak to the social worker assigned to your case at the rehab clinic.

starflyte1 05-24-2023 03:11 PM

A friend was here when social services opened. I am going home tomorrow at 10am!!!!

Thanks to all. I really appreciated all of the replies.

Ill had hip revision to repair a bad THR that I had in January.

Thanks again!

golfing eagles 05-24-2023 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starflyte1 (Post 2220632)
A friend was here when social services opened. I am going home tomorrow at 10am!!!!

Thanks again!

Good luck and stay healthy:coolsmiley:

Travilinggal 05-25-2023 05:19 AM

They can bill insurance companies up to 21 days, so guarantee your discharge will occur on the 22nd day.

Pmota 05-25-2023 06:12 AM

Legal way

You can also call Morgan and Morgan.

Eg_cruz 05-25-2023 06:45 AM

Quote:

Thanks again!

Get better soon.glad you will be in your home for your recovery

dougancathy 05-25-2023 06:46 AM

Quote:

please, this is no joke. I am in rehab and they won’t let me out. I have been in here 16 days after hip revision. I have no pain and have taking care of myself since saturday. I have been trying to be dismissed since monday.

Who can i call or where do i go for help?

Their excuse is that i need more therapy. I already have home therapy health set up for when i go home.

If i call the office i get voice mail.

get a lawer

Eg_cruz 05-25-2023 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Travilinggal (Post 2220721)
They can bill insurance companies up to 21 days, so guarantee your discharge will occur on the 22nd day.

Actually Medicare will pay up to 100 days in a skilled care. There are rules to get but you get up to 100 days. My dad was in the Club for 40 days and he could have stayed longer but we wanted him home.

Whitley 05-25-2023 08:17 AM

Quote:

Thanks again!

Stay Well.