Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Villages Utilities (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-utilities-341590/)

aldo28701 05-24-2023 03:51 PM

Villages Utilities

Has anyone posted a request online with the Utilites@DistrictGov.org and received a response? I've been waiting two days for an email or a call.

thelegges 05-24-2023 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldo28701 (Post 2220644)
Has anyone posted a request online with the Utilites@DistrictGov.org and received a response? I've been waiting two days for an email or a call.

What is your request. I started yo new service with TECO and SECO online received a confirmation email in less than an hour. Then responding email on start date for each service in 24 hours

villagetinker 05-24-2023 04:28 PM

I have given up sending emails to companies, I rarely get a reply, phone call or in person visit.

NoMo50 05-26-2023 06:59 AM

If you are specifically seeking help from Villages Utilities (water, sewer, irrigation, trash, amenity fees), I suggest you walk in to a service center for help. There is one located on Morse Blvd, just south of SR-44, behind the fire station. When we needed to make a bank change for auto pay with them, there was no way to set it up online. Went into the service center, and received prompt and courteous help.

nlloyd 07-17-2023 05:57 PM

Amenity Fee rate over $200

Not complaining since we love our new home but cannot get an answer as a new owner on why our Amenity Fee is $200.41. We were told it would be $189 per month. The district reports that "it is what it is". Our Villages Selling agent and her boss said this does not make sense only to report back "it is what it is". I asked the district office is anyone else is paying more than $189 and they won't answer that question. I informed The Villages they should put a disclaimer on the website stating $189 could be adjusted but the response is no comment. We closed on the house in May of 2023. If anyone has any suggestions who to go to please let me know.

rjm1cc 07-17-2023 06:07 PM

Maybe the 189 was the current rate and 200.41 is the new rate.
The fees should be posted someplace on the internet. Maybe you can give your location and someone will be able to give you the web address for the fees.

JohnN 07-17-2023 07:02 PM

Fees increase every year

OrangeBlossomBaby 07-17-2023 07:29 PM

Maybe you're looking at the total of the bill, which is your amenity fee plus a utility charge? I think it's water usage. Hubby handles the bill but I know the total includes amenity plus something else.

Papa_lecki 07-18-2023 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rjm1cc (Post 2236435)
Maybe the 189 was the current rate and 200.41 is the new rate.
The fees should be posted someplace on the internet. Maybe you can give your location and someone will be able to give you the web address for the fees.

If it was 189 and now 200, makes sense. It’s a 6% increase, about normal in this inflationary environment.
The realtor who told you it was 189, probably was using the data from last year’s sales/settlements.
$200 makes more sense.

Bill14564 07-18-2023 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nlloyd (Post 2236433)
Not complaining since we love our new home but cannot get an answer as a new owner on why our Amenity Fee is $200.41. We were told it would be $189 per month. The district reports that "it is what it is". Our Villages Selling agent and her boss said this does not make sense only to report back "it is what it is". I asked the district office is anyone else is paying more than $189 and they won't answer that question. I informed The Villages they should put a disclaimer on the website stating $189 could be adjusted but the response is no comment. We closed on the house in May of 2023. If anyone has any suggestions who to go to please let me know.

I believe the "prevailing rate" is $189. That is what the amenity fee should be set to at closing.

The amenity fee is adjusted every year in the month the home was put on the market the very first time. It doesn't matter when you purchased the home, the date is set based on the very first time the home was listed.

I assume you purchased a pre-owned home. The rate should have been set at $189. If the home was originally put on the market in June then the amenity fee would have adjusted last month. $200.41 would be correct for a CPI of 6%.

You can find some of this information on districtgov.org under the Whats Happening section. There is also some contact information for questions. The fee and increases should also be explained in your closing documents - I believe it is part of the deed restrictions.

If this was a new home and you are the first purchaser then something else must have happened. I didn't think the prevailing rate increased automatically each year but perhaps it does. I have received notices in the past when the rate was changed but I don't recall seeing one this year. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find this rate anywhere online.