Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   New kitchen construction search (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/new-kitchen-construction-search-341602/)

merrymini 05-25-2023 08:25 AM

New kitchen construction search

I am getting quotes for a new kitchen from people who have good recommendations but have come across a very disappointing situation. I used Gingerich for my MBR closets several years ago and was very pleased. I wanted to use them for a kitchen quotation but have been very disappointed. Their rep responded to a meeting to see the project but no follow up or response to calls. I and my husband have been doing our research and borrowed samples of doors and colors to further this project but after waiting four weeks and getting no call backs, I called their office to speak to the owner. I was told that they “filter” these calls and was referred to their office manager, who was not available, but would call me back. Didn’t happen. We are dropping them as one of the possibles for the kitchen. If they behave this way before getting my business, how will they behave after getting my money? They may be able to “filter” my calls to their office but they cannot “filter” my calls on line. I cannot recommend these folks now and certainly cannot understand that an owner would not want to know what is going on with customers. I guess they do not need my business so I do not need them. It’s a big world.

dewilson58 05-25-2023 08:29 AM

Gingerich was a good alternative to T&D, but Ginger is slipping.

PSL was a good alternative, but they are slipping.

So now all three are not producing.

Probably a skilled labor issue.

Stu from NYC 05-25-2023 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2220829)
Gingerich was a good alternative to T&D, but Ginger is slipping.

PSL was a good alternative, but they are slipping.

So now all three are not producing.

Probably a skilled labor issue.

When the owner does not respond to a request for quotation think it is more than skilled labor issue, Big red flag

dewilson58 05-25-2023 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2220868)
When the owner does not respond to a request for quotation think it is more than skilled labor issue, Big red flag

Was jus letting the OP know the big three have all gone downhill, was not responding to owner issues.

Many, Many, Many owners filter calls and hire people to take care of calls & inquiries...............I know I did. My call returners were skilled labor. :beer3:

Stu from NYC 05-25-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dewilson58 (Post 2220873)
Was jus letting the OP know the big three have all gone downhill, was not responding to owner issues.

Many, Many, Many owners filter calls and hire people to take care of calls & inquiries...............I know I did. My call returners were skilled labor. :beer3:

Very true but when you are in the quotation stage and nobody calls you back, RUN

pikeselectric 05-25-2023 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi there, so sorry to hear this :sad: It can be really frustrating when companies do not follow up or return calls. Communication is key and we take it very seriously at Pike's Electric. We recommend Timberwood Properties. Michael and Tom there are great at what they do and are super responsive and communicative. They can be reached at (352)751-6904. - Casandra with Pike's Electric

JoMar 05-25-2023 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymini (Post 2220822)
I am getting quotes for a new kitchen from people who have good recommendations but have come across a very disappointing situation. I used Gingerich for my MBR closets several years ago and was very pleased. I wanted to use them for a kitchen quotation but have been very disappointed. Their rep responded to a meeting to see the project but no follow up or response to calls. I and my husband have been doing our research and borrowed samples of doors and colors to further this project but after waiting four weeks and getting no call backs, I called their office to speak to the owner. I was told that they “filter” these calls and was referred to their office manager, who was not available, but would call me back. Didn’t happen. We are dropping them as one of the possibles for the kitchen. If they behave this way before getting my business, how will they behave after getting my money? They may be able to “filter” my calls to their office but they cannot “filter” my calls on line. I cannot recommend these folks now and certainly cannot understand that an owner would not want to know what is going on with customers. I guess they do not need my business so I do not need them. It’s a big world.

Did a total kitchen remodel two years ago. Cabinets, flooring, counter tops, design and project management - Woods Kitchen and Bath, Todd Wood, 352-566-3210. Appliances - Aggressive Appliances, 407-295-4489. Electrical - Pike Electric - 352-748-6251, Plumbing - Tim Herndon Plumbing - 352-201-8237. Gingrich, Wildwood Kitchens, Burns plus a couple others just didn't seem interested. Doc's Restoration was responsive but couldn't compete with the type of cabinets we wanted. If you need more, send a message.

pokeefe45@aol.com 05-25-2023 03:15 PM

Baffles me why we are trashing companies who haven't even been hired to perform a service. We all might have way too much time on our hands. NOONE owes you a 'quote'-Many companies and owners 'qualify' leads based on their workload and capacity, and some just flat out miss messages because they might be too busy. So just move on to your other candidates. Telling me you hired them and they did a bad job is helpful, but telling me you are upset because they didn't return your phone calls is useless.

Stu from NYC 05-25-2023 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokeefe45@aol.com (Post 2220968)
Baffles me why we are trashing companies who haven't even been hired to perform a service. We all might have way too much time on our hands. NOONE owes you a 'quote'-Many companies and owners 'qualify' leads based on their workload and capacity, and some just flat out miss messages because they might be too busy. So just move on to your other candidates. Telling me you hired them and they did a bad job is helpful, but telling me you are upset because they didn't return your phone calls is useless.

As a business owner I feel that if nobody calls you back they are not reliable and if I wanted that particular service done would want to know and save my time.

Not hard to call a customer back and say sorry we are too busy right now to do a good job for you. Takes a whole minute or so.

Cammilot 05-26-2023 04:30 AM

After talking to several companies we chose DA Construction out of Mt Dora (da builds.net). Gingerich came out but never did the quote - after 6 weeks told us they were too busy to do any projects. DA pricing was better and very transparent. The project manager is very responsive and communication is good.

retiredguy123 05-26-2023 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokeefe45@aol.com (Post 2220968)

When I was in business, I never ignored a phone call from a customer or potential customer or missed a message because I was too busy. I am also amazed at how many businesses don't even have a voicemail set up for when they are closed. Another thing that annoys me is, when you call a business, and the person who answers the phone doesn't identify themselves by name.

kenpoboy 05-26-2023 04:46 AM

You've obviously never owned a business. Your reputation regarding customer service is EVERYTHING when it comes to being profitable. If you weren't good at the skill, you'd be out of business already. People price show, but when it comes down to making a decision, people pay for great customer service. If you have one happy customer, they'll tell one of their friends. If you have one unhappy customer, they're going to tell everyone they meet. There's no replacing quality customer service.

SusanStCatherine 05-26-2023 05:39 AM

We had a quote from Gingrich for a summer kitchen which was extremely high and they were slow to respond to questions we had. We went elsewhere. Pike's electric is great. We have used them twice. Timberwood installed cabinets on our custom build home and there were issues with the new cabinet supplier but Gayle from Timberwood was very professional and went out of her way to fix installation issues and held the manufacturer accountable. We used sonny's Discount Appliances in Altamonte Springs with great price and installation. Avoid Nickel Tile if you are considering tile. The Floor Shoppe does decent tilework. Solid Image did countertops in bath which we love. Good luck!

Laurel Maryland 05-26-2023 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merrymini (Post 2220822)

Consider getting a quote from Ryan Sherwood at Cypress Creek Cabinets in Ocala (352)-624-4023. Doing a project with him now and so far, so good.

Oneiric 05-26-2023 06:06 AM

Over the years, we used Gingerich, originally recommended by our realtor, for a summer kitchen, complete kitchen remodel, and a very large wall unit in living room. Each time, they produced a superb product. Kenny was our sales person each time. I would not be discouraged by difficult call backs, they are usually very busy. You've read the horror stories on TOTV about other construction companies. You get what you pay for.