Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Culvers 466A Restaurant Issues (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/culvers-466a-restaurant-issues-342305/)

Roaddog53 06-26-2023 05:00 PM

Culvers 466A Restaurant Issues

We recently visited Culver's on 466A on Tuesday. I have been a Culver's fan since I frequented them up north. However, after getting a sandwich, chicken fingers and fries, we came down with severe food poisoning and ended up in the ER Saturday. The doctor suspected food poisoning after tests and discussions. In talking to the nurse she said her friend also got sick from Culver's recently, and so did a store clerk saying her sister got sick, and so did a friend. That is too coincidental. I am just wondering if there are others that got sick, thought it may have been a virus, and did nothing but just let it run its course. I doubt though if we will be going back anytime soon.

vintageogauge 06-26-2023 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roaddog53 (Post 2229842)
We recently visited Culver's on 466A on Tuesday. I have been a Culver's fan since I frequented them up north. However, after getting a sandwich, chicken fingers and fries, we came down with severe food poisoning and ended up in the ER Saturday. The doctor suspected food poisoning after tests and discussions. In talking to the nurse she said her friend also got sick from Culver's recently, and so did a store clerk saying her sister got sick, and so did a friend. That is too coincidental. I am just wondering if there are others that got sick, thought it may have been a virus, and did nothing but just let it run its course. I doubt though if we will be going back anytime soon.

It happens in restaurants a lot more upscale than Culver's and it's will keep on happening. I once got it from a cream/horseradish sauce and I called the restaurant the next day as I thought I was going to die that night. The owner grilled me like I was a criminal until I finally told him I'm not looking for anything from you except to get your staff to practice safe handling methods and then he finally apologized. This is why God created 2 bathroom homes.

Al2014 06-26-2023 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roaddog53 (Post 2229842)

Our guests had a similar experience of what was determined to be "stomach flu" at the Trailwinds emergency hospital. They had picked up Culvers late on Tuesday. Both were sick for at least 3 days. I picked up PDQ for my wife that day. Could be coincidental for sure.

Michael G. 06-26-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vintageogauge (Post 2229845)
It happens in restaurants a lot more upscale than Culver's and it's will keep on happening.

I totally agree with this one.
I don't think we have reach the peak on food poisoning with all the lack of help there is out there.

I hear up north that some businesses are shutting the doors and opening just on weekends because people refuse to work and are not preparing food correctly.

Keefelane66 06-26-2023 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael G. (Post 2229854)
I totally agree with this one.
I don't think we have reach the peak on food poisoning with all the lack of help there is out there.

I hear up north that some businesses are shutting the doors and opening just on weekends because people refuse to work and are not preparing food correctly.

So food only gets prepared correctly on weekends?

JohnN 06-26-2023 06:57 PM

crossing Culver's off my list.
Thanks for the tip

Laker14 06-26-2023 07:25 PM

Eating food prepared by strangers is always a bit of a "crap"shoot.

Altavia 06-26-2023 08:24 PM

Soft serve icecream is a risk.

The Dirty Truth About Soft Serve Ice Cream

golfing eagles 06-26-2023 08:34 PM

Given the number of anecdotal reports on this short thread alone, the health department should be made aware and investigate.

Calisport 06-26-2023 09:03 PM

Got sick from Chick-fil-A also. I was never a fan of Culver's. Custard ice cream not even close to tasting like custard.

banjobob 06-27-2023 04:24 AM

Recently visited a very popular resort bar in Leesburg and Hellman’s mayonnaise was displayed in the heat at every station on the bar along with catsup and mustard. A serious issue as everyone knows mayo will spoil in the heat.

Ellwoodrick 06-27-2023 05:00 AM

Welcome to the club. Four of us went to an Ihop in Naples, Fl. a few years ago for breakfast on the way to play Golf. I don't remember exactly what I got. It was a spicy hot omelet I think. Later that night we were at a small theater when I got the sickest. It was terrible. The uncontrollable mess that I made was embarrassing to say the least. To this day I have no desire to eat at an Ihop ever again.

Blackbird45 06-27-2023 05:08 AM

?

I know this is not the topic under discussion.
But there was a sign claiming Burger-fi was going to open in the same area, does anyone know what happened the sign is no longer there.

Marmaduke 06-27-2023 05:23 AM

At that same Culver's, I got sick from a haddock fish sandwich during Lent.

That day, I commented that the front-end staff on 466A didn't look like they shaved or washed their hair to come to work, etc. Hey, truth hurts.

Later that day, I was kicking myself for proceeding with the order. Never felt that way at the Culvers on 466, or any other place, actually.

Haven't been back since and crossed them off my list.

mikeycereal 06-27-2023 06:20 AM

"What can we make fresh for you today?" :mmmm: :yuck:

Wow, that's my main Culver's go to spot. Noooooo!!!!!! :22yikes:

I've eaten at the new Culvers on 466A 10 times and 466 3 times in the last year and never got sick. I order the same thing, kids meal butter burger and the custard.

Love me some Culvers, sad to hear about the FP. I don't know that I ever got FP as long as 3 days, maybe just for one day. On those rare occasions I'm thinking what did I eat different that my stomach didn't like. Over a month ago I had to run to the bathroom after I took too much zinc (1); those supplements are too strong for me (way over the FDA req) and so I stopped taking them after a few incidents.

I also have a non-barf streak going since the summer of 1986 when I challenged that big hawaiian dude on tequila shots. There went all my tako poke! (never again!)

Another thing is I go to Culver's within the first hour after they open, so from 1030-1145ish. So maybe poop-fingers doesn't work early?

Similar to what another said here eating out is like russian roulette. At one point you gonna get the bullet. I only eat out maybe once a week if that much, so maybe I dodged a few germs. :shrug:

Not ready to cross my Culver's off the list yet.