Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Clubs of the Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/)
-   -   Looking fo TV Porsche club contact info (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/clubs-villages-76/looking-fo-tv-porsche-club-contact-info-343067/)

ohioshooter 07-31-2023 02:33 PM

Looking fo TV Porsche club contact info

The number listed in the clubs directory is no longer good. I see they have a FB page but I don’t do FB. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Whitley 07-31-2023 03:13 PM

Hi Can't help you with TV Porsche contact info, but... I have a friend who collects porsches. I have collected cars for decades, and he got into collecting Porsches maybe 10 years ago. I have the eery ability to consistently buy the worse cars imagineable. Delorean, Bitter, Maserati Quattroporte 87, I had a Merak and a Pantera in front of me to choose one. They looked very similar. I figured the Maserati is a maserati so let's go with the merak. Today the Pantera (Ford DeTomaso) is worth about 6 to 10 times the Merak, Never really made a good decision. When I gave up on Sports cars after having kids, I went thru 8 land rovers. Talk about a headache. OK, I have Porsche offered to me every couple of months. EVERY time I ask my friend is this good, he has a problem with it. I even asked about one he has, same model and year. He said it is looked down on because of its frame. It makes it a bad track car (I will drive it about 14 miles per day from home to my office. No track anticipated). I now have someone offering me a 928 with the roll out lights. Since you know about them, is this a good car to buy? 45k miles for 40k.

ohioshooter 07-31-2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whitley (Post 2240461)
Hi Can't help you with TV Porsche contact info, but... I have a friend who collects porsches. I have collected cars for decades, and he got into collecting Porsches maybe 10 years ago. I have the eery ability to consistently buy the worse cars imagineable. Delorean, Bitter, Maserati Quattroporte 87, I had a Merak and a Pantera in front of me to choose one. They looked very similar. I figured the Maserati is a maserati so let's go with the merak. Today the Pantera (Ford DeTomaso) is worth about 6 to 10 times the Merak, Never really made a good decision. When I gave up on Sports cars after having kids, I went thru 8 land rovers. Talk about a headache. OK, I have Porsche offered to me every couple of months. EVERY time I ask my friend is this good, he has a problem with it. I even asked about one he has, same model and year. He said it is looked down on because of its frame. It makes it a bad track car (I will drive it about 14 miles per day from home to my office. No track anticipated). I now have someone offering me a 928 with the roll out lights. Since you know about them, is this a good car to buy? 45k miles for 40k.

So sorry, but I know nothing about the front engine P-cars. I’m into the 911. I’m sure if we could contact the club we could both get some answers.

Bogie Shooter 07-31-2023 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ohioshooter (Post 2240453)
The number listed in the clubs directory is no longer good. I see they have a FB page but I don’t do FB. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Go to face book. Search on the villages porsche club. They will come up. Private , but does indicate where and when they meet.

ohioshooter 07-31-2023 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2240465)
Go to face book. Search on the villages porsche club. They will come up. Private , but does indicate where and when they meet.

Got it, thanks.

ohioshooter 07-31-2023 06:54 PM

Any members here?

Whitley 08-01-2023 07:52 AM

Quote:

Hi I reached out to the two clubs on Facebook (They are both private view only) asking for a phone# or email. Will pass it along of they respond.

Whitley 08-01-2023 07:55 AM

Quote:

You can give this a shot. I did a Boolean search. It is 6 years old.

Art Carnevale (carnevales@earthlink.net) has started a club for Porsche owners here in The Villages. The club is not affiliated with the Porsche Club of America.

Good Luck

Whitley 08-01-2023 08:26 AM

Quote:

Porsche Club of The Villages sent the following :

"this is a FB only group. thanks for your interest"

Seems odd, but not my club so ????

dougjb 08-02-2023 04:49 AM

Unfortunately, much of the contact info listed in the club directory is outdated or no longer valid. Many clubs seem to just be in name only.

It would seem to me that there must be some way to keep the directory up to date. But, how to do it, without a whole lot of time being invested, defies me. I hope others have some worthwhile suggestions.

banjobob 08-02-2023 05:10 AM

Just an opinion if you buy a Porsche make it a 911 you won’t be disappointed.

lousuemax 08-02-2023 06:00 AM

Porsche club Dylan Todd 352-217-1169 or cell 352-217-1167

Quote:

call

lousuemax 08-02-2023 06:01 AM

call Dylan Todd at 352-217-1169 or 325-217-1167

Tunesmith 08-02-2023 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lousuemax (Post 2240783)
call Dylan Todd at 352-217-1169 or 325-217-1167

Did you get the area codes correct? 352 vs. 325?

mvboom@hotmail.com 09-07-2023 04:32 PM

Porsche club?

[QUOTE=ohioshooter;2240453]The number listed in the clubs directory is no longer good. I see they have a FB page but I don’t do FB. Any help would
New here, got clutch/transmission problem with my '02 Boxster. Service suggestions?