Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Teach Your Children Well, and careful with us elders. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/teach-your-children-well-careful-us-elders-343234/)

Larryandlinda 08-07-2023 12:32 PM

Teach Your Children Well, and careful with us elders.

I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 73 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order.

So when I got to the first window I paid for her order along with my own.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.

Don't blow your horn at old people, they have been around a long time
--

Cybersprings 08-07-2023 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larryandlinda (Post 2242525)
I know I shouldn’t have done this, but I am 73 years old and I was in the McDonald’s drive-through this morning and the young lady behind me leaned on her horn and started mouthing something because I was taking too long to place my order.

The cashier must have told her what I'd done because as we moved up she leaned out her window and waved to me and mouthed "Thank you.", obviously embarrassed that I had repaid her rudeness with kindness.

When I got to the second window I showed them both receipts and took her food too. Now she has to go back to the end of the queue and start all over again.

--

I've read this many times before and laughed each time.
Did you actually do this?

coralway 08-07-2023 03:19 PM

Good grief - how many times folks gonna keep copying and pasting this nonsense?

BrianL99 08-07-2023 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coralway (Post 2242570)
Good grief - how many times folks gonna keep copying and pasting this nonsense?

This is The Villages. It will still get posted once a month, for the next 20 years.

I'm at a loss why people think this is a venue to post the Internet Memes they find ... like no one on here has a computer and hasn't seen the same things, 10,000 times.

Ecuadog 08-07-2023 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianL99 (Post 2242612)
This is The Villages. It will still get posted once a month, for the next 20 years.

I'm at a loss why people think this is a venue to post the Internet Memes they find ... like no one on here has a computer and hasn't seen the same things, 10,000 times.

This forum is "Just For Fun ... Jokes, funny pictures and videos. ...". Maybe there's someone else who hasn't looked at all the Memes, over and over and over. What were you hoping to see here?

BrianL99 08-07-2023 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ecuadog (Post 2242628)
This forum is "Just For Fun ... Jokes, funny pictures and videos. ...". Maybe there's someone else who hasn't looked at all the Memes, over and over and over. What were you hoping to see here?

You're right. I'll need to figure out to how to make sure this thread doesn't show up on my feed.

Ljamd 08-08-2023 04:26 AM

OMG , i love it priceless !!!

Ellwoodrick 08-08-2023 04:26 AM

Naw, even if you didn't do this I think it is a great idea. And yes I have read this same post many times. Still love the thought............

TeresaE 08-08-2023 05:00 AM

Quote:

--

That’s Priceless

FredJacobs 08-08-2023 05:45 AM

Old age and treachery will always beat youth and exuberance.

mikreb 08-08-2023 06:23 AM

The reason children are spoiled is because no one has the courage to spank grandma.

DonnaNi4os 08-08-2023 06:45 AM

You took what could have been a wonderful lesson in kindness to making this young lady feel justified for her behavior. Hope it made you feel better.

ehonour 08-08-2023 06:46 AM

Quote:

And this is supposed to be funny? It sounds to me like responding to evil with evil.

Kenswing 08-08-2023 07:28 AM

This is too funny. Not the joke itself but everyone’s reactions to it.

Jrn130 08-08-2023 07:30 AM

I wish I had thought of that!

Quote:

!

--

I wish I had thought of that!
That was AWESOME!!!!