Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Medical and Health Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/)
-   -   Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/medical-health-discussion-94/ruh-roh-covid-masks-close-enough-masking-343603/)

CoachKandSportsguy 08-23-2023 07:53 AM

Ruh Roh - COVID and masks close enough to be masking

At CoachK's hospitals, the hospital staff COVID infection rate is borderline to the hospitals requiring staff and patients to be masked mandatorily.

Friends of mine are coming down sick testing positive. .

Just facts, no judgements, YMMV

Boston waste water upticking and its still summertime in the NorthEast!

Byte1 08-23-2023 09:05 AM

Once again, "the sky is falling!"

Stu from NYC 08-23-2023 09:08 AM

Covid is not finished with us.

CoachKandSportsguy 08-23-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Byte1 (Post 2248630)
Once again, "the sky is falling!"

That's your judgement, i reported facts only. .
There was no judgment of the sky is falling in the factual post, and the facts suggest a change in hospital environment to minimize employee shortages. .

Not sure you would prefer employee shortages when you need hospital care, correct?

Keefelane66 08-23-2023 09:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up.

fishon 08-23-2023 09:42 AM

Thread of the year.
That’s some funny stuff right there!

NotGolfer 08-23-2023 10:19 AM

Forced close-downs. "They" said earlier that the face-diapers don't work. Think about it----hard!! Did y'all comply before by staying in as much as possible, did you wash your hands and social distance and do everything told to you before-----yet still got the infection?? Tis strange it seemed to almost "go away" and now is re-emerging.

golfing eagles 08-23-2023 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy (Post 2248585)
At CoachK's hospitals, the hospital staff COVID infection rate is borderline to the hospitals requiring staff and patients to be masked mandatorily.

Friends of mine are coming down sick testing positive. .

Just facts, no judgements, YMMV

Boston waste water upticking and its still summertime in the NorthEast!

Let’s just hope we learned from the last go around that paper face masks are useless for the person wearing it and closing down the economy is disastrous. Maybe not

asianthree 08-23-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy (Post 2248633)
That's your judgement, i reported facts only. .
There was no judgment of the sky is falling in the factual post, and the facts suggest a change in hospital environment to minimize employee shortages. .

Not sure you would prefer employee shortages when you need hospital care, correct?

Please there has been hospital employee shortages for 10 years. Why go to nursing school when UPS will pay you 6 figures plus OT, and zero education debt

Randall55 08-23-2023 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2248631)
Covid is not finished with us.

I guess I am on of the Lone Rangers. I still practice social distancing, won't even think about spending time in a large group setting like concerts, wash my hands regularly, and routinely disinfect my home . But, I have not gone back to wearing a mask. I have not had Covid and I try to keep it that way. Why invite trouble?

Normal 08-23-2023 06:30 PM

If You’re Sick

If you get sick, you should wear a mask so you don’t get others sick. I think 5 days after the first symptoms is way good enough though. Fortunately, COVID isn’t the death sentence for the few it used to be. In addition we have Paxlovid and other treatments. Just be courteous if you are sick and stay home a few days. Remember it spreads pneumatically so mask up if you are sick and need to get out. Masks don’t prevent a whole lot, but they can help prevent you from spreading it to others.

Stu from NYC 08-23-2023 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normal (Post 2248798)
If you get sick, you should wear a mask so you don’t get others sick. I think 5 days after the first symptoms is way good enough though. Fortunately, COVID isn’t the death sentence for the few it used to be. In addition we have Paxlovid and other treatments. Just be courteous if you are sick and stay home a few days. Remember it spreads pneumatically so mask up if you are sick and need to get out. Masks don’t prevent a whole lot, but they can help prevent you from spreading it to others.

The problem is way to many people will travel amongst the rest of us with covid without wear ing a mask or even testing

OrangeBlossomBaby 08-23-2023 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2248812)
The problem is way to many people will travel amongst the rest of us with covid without wear ing a mask or even testing

It's all about risk reduction. If ONE person who actually did test, tested positive, and has symptoms, wears a mask in public, then it'll be that much less risk of other people getting sick.

If TEN have symptoms, test positive, and wear masks, then it's that much less risk, times 10.

If that reduced risk prevents ONE person in this country from dying, then it's a successful effort as far as I'm concerned. Your right to live is more valuable to me than my right to not wear a mask. So for everyone else's sake - if I test positive and have symptoms, I'll try to stay in the house for a few days - and if I have to go out, I'll wear a mask.

manaboutown 08-23-2023 08:36 PM

Thank you (not) Wuhan, China.

Dotneko 08-23-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall55 (Post 2248797)
I guess I am on of the Lone Rangers. I still practice social distancing, won't even think about spending time in a large group setting like concerts, wash my hands regularly, and routinely disinfect my home . But, I have not gone back to wearing a mask. I have not had Covid and I try to keep it that way. Why invite trouble?

How do you know you have not had Covid? My husband had NO, NADA, NONE symptoms. He tested because i was positive. Guess what? He was positive 2 days later. He never would have known.