Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   All About pets (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/)
-   -   Cat Sitter Cost (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/all-about-pets-120/cat-sitter-cost-344068/)

gtraupman 09-12-2023 07:45 AM

Cat Sitter Cost

What is the typical cost for a cat sitter to come to your house twice a day to feed and water your cats, clean litter box, etc.?

kkingston57 09-12-2023 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtraupman (Post 2255752)
What is the typical cost for a cat sitter to come to your house twice a day to feed and water your cats, clean litter box, etc.?

We pay $20 a day for two cats.

retiredguy123 09-12-2023 12:40 PM

Once per day is plenty. Can you get that done for $10?

asianthree 09-12-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2255897)

Unless they are wet food only or diabetic, then Twice a day is need. Until our cat became needy, with auto litter, dry food and water we could have someone stop every 3 days, cause she didn’t like anyone other than us at the house.

Michael 61 09-12-2023 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asianthree (Post 2255901)
Unless they are wet food only or diabetic, then Twice a day is need. Until our cat became needy, with auto litter, dry food and water we could have someone stop every 3 days, cause she didn’t like anyone other than us at the house.

The auto litter box is the greatest thing ever. Makes it so easy to leave kitty alone for a long weekend - she doesn’t like strangers - so it best for her just to leave out extra bowls of water and dry food if I’m only going to be gone for a few nights.

OrangeBlossomBaby 09-12-2023 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael 61 (Post 2255965)
The auto litter box is the greatest thing ever. Makes it so easy to leave kitty alone for a long weekend - she doesn’t like strangers - so it best for her just to leave out extra bowls of water and dry food if I’m only going to be gone for a few nights.

Some cats don't, or can't, eat dry food. My cat has no teeth. She is fed three times every day. First thing in the morning, a snack mid-day, and last thing before bed. She can only eat pate, no shredded food.

Cats don't have a "natural" thirst drive. If a cat is eagerly drinking water, it's usually because a) you refuse to give her wet food and she is dehydrated enough to actually drink water or b) way past that point and already suffering from renal failure.

Some cats like drinking water, but most do not, and if you fed them only wet food, and put a water dish beside the food dish, would never drink from the water dish. It's not in their nature to do so.

Feeding a cat kibble is unhealthy. Cats are obligate carnivores; their digestive systems are not designed to handle dried pea protein or alfalfa or potato starch. They are also gluten intolerant and can't efficiently digest wheat or most other grains, including rice.

Most domestic cats that are fed kibble, eventually die of renal failure. That's not true in most domestic cats fed exclusively grain-free wet food or a raw food diet including organ meat.

By the time a cat is diagnosed with kidney failure, he has already likely been suffering for years. Cats don't express pain in the same way dogs or other pets do.

If someone says they need a cat sitter to come 2-3 times a day to feed them, then they are being a responsible cat-owner. If you think self-feeding dry food for a few days at a time is all that's needed, I hope you are someone else's domestic cat in your next life, so you can see just how cruel that is for yourself.

And for anyone who claims kibble is good for teeth - I suggest you try to clean your teeth by eating stale biscuits for the next month, and keep your toothbrush in the cabinet. Good luck with that.

Kelevision 09-13-2023 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2255897)

No, it’s not if you feed anything other than dry kibble, yuck.

#1bulldog 09-13-2023 05:08 AM

$15/visit up north in my neck of the woods.

Carlsondm 09-13-2023 05:33 AM

We pay $50 - 60 for twice a day and four cats. They get released to the lanai, fed watered, played with, and brought into the house at night. Pictures too and we know they have not remodeled the house!

miadford@gmail.com 09-13-2023 06:36 AM

Depending on where you live, we charge $10-20 per trip depending on how many cats you have. $10 will cover 2, but again it would depend too upon where you live from us.

heidyho 09-13-2023 06:46 AM

10.00 per cat, depending on where you live. 407-780-3384.

DonnaNi4os 09-13-2023 08:07 AM

$25- $30 for 2 daily visits depending on the cat’s needs. $10 for additional visits each day.

Plain&peanut 09-13-2023 09:12 AM

Quote:

I charge $15 per drop in depending on where you live. I do Villages only South of 44
616-638-2257

Driller703 09-13-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

$25.

mtdjed 09-13-2023 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby (Post 2255982)
Some cats don't, or can't, eat dry food. My cat has no teeth. She is fed three times every day. First thing in the morning, a snack mid-day, and last thing before bed. She can only eat pate, no shredded food.

Cats don't have a "natural" thirst drive. If a cat is eagerly drinking water, it's usually because a) you refuse to give her wet food and she is dehydrated enough to actually drink water or b) way past that point and already suffering from renal failure.

Some cats like drinking water, but most do not, and if you fed them only wet food, and put a water dish beside the food dish, would never drink from the water dish. It's not in their nature to do so.

Feeding a cat kibble is unhealthy. Cats are obligate carnivores; their digestive systems are not designed to handle dried pea protein or alfalfa or potato starch. They are also gluten intolerant and can't efficiently digest wheat or most other grains, including rice.

Most domestic cats that are fed kibble, eventually die of renal failure. That's not true in most domestic cats fed exclusively grain-free wet food or a raw food diet including organ meat.

By the time a cat is diagnosed with kidney failure, he has already likely been suffering for years. Cats don't express pain in the same way dogs or other pets do.

If someone says they need a cat sitter to come 2-3 times a day to feed them, then they are being a responsible cat-owner. If you think self-feeding dry food for a few days at a time is all that's needed, I hope you are someone else's domestic cat in your next life, so you can see just how cruel that is for yourself.

And for anyone who claims kibble is good for teeth - I suggest you try to clean your teeth by eating stale biscuits for the next month, and keep your toothbrush in the cabinet. Good luck with that.

How old is the Cat with no teeth? And why did that happen?