Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, New Members Forum (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/)
-   -   Another Life Style Visit Question (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-new-members-forum-115/another-life-style-visit-question-344227/)

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 10:44 AM

Another Life Style Visit Question

Thanks in advance for bearing with me asking another question. Do we really need a car for the LS visit? We are on no time schedule and would just love to explore with the golf cart. I know we will be in the southern area. (Anyone know exactly where). My rep just said Sawgrass area. I know the Villages is really big but is it doable by golf cart if you have no particular place to go? How far is the Brownwood area for the Sawgrass area by golf cart? We are renting in Brownwood for January and February. We will have a car then though. Thank you again.

Bill14564 09-18-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela1130 (Post 2258226)
Thanks in advance for bearing with me asking another question. Do we really need a car for the LS visit? We are on no time schedule and would just love to explore with the golf cart. I know we will be in the southern area. (Anyone know exactly where). My rep just said Sawgrass area. I know the Villages is really big but is it doable by golf cart if you have no particular place to go? How far is the Brownwood area for the Sawgrass area by golf cart? We are renting in Brownwood for January and February. We will have a car then though. Thank you again.

About 30 mins from Sawgrass to Brownwood.

Roughly:
20-30 mins: Rohan, Publix@Lake Deaton, Everglades, Publix@Magnolia, Edna's, Brownwood, and Eisenhower
30-45 mins: Fenney
45-60 mins: Lake Sumter Landing

If you just want to see the Villages then you will not need a car. Obviously, if you want to explore Leesburg, Wildwood, Ocala, or Inverness then a car would be required.

retiredguy123 09-18-2023 11:09 AM

I would suggest that you install the free Villages App from the Google Play Store. You can get golf cart and car directions to almost any location in The Villages.

Stu from NYC 09-18-2023 11:21 AM

Spanish springs is considerably further. If you want to check out shopping will need a car.

GoRedSox! 09-18-2023 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela1130 (Post 2258226)

We were scheduled to have a LSV starting in mid-July which ended up being canceled because our plane flight was canceled. We were going to be staying in the Christopher Villas in DeLuna. I'm not sure if there are other locations down there, but that's where we were going to be. I'm not sure if there are any more LSV's in Alden Bungalows next to Brownwood, but I don't think so. The last time I checked, The Villages was selling them fast and there were 21 homes in pending status. We had a previous LSV last December in Alden Bungalows, and we used the golf car about 80% of the time but took the car for events at night such as the orchestra at The Sharon and a concert at The Savannah Center when we didn't want to have a long golf car ride later at night. Good luck and have fun!

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2258230)
About 30 mins from Sawgrass to Brownwood.

Roughly:
20-30 mins: Rohan, Publix@Lake Deaton, Everglades, Publix@Magnolia, Edna's, Brownwood, and Eisenhower
30-45 mins: Fenney
45-60 mins: Lake Sumter Landing

If you just want to see the Villages then you will not need a car. Obviously, if you want to explore Leesburg, Wildwood, Ocala, or Inverness then a car would be required.

Thank you so very much for your reply. You made my day and I appreciate it!

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 11:54 AM

Thank you!

That would be great to see the shopping but doesn't warrant renting a car for the entire time. I'm taking transportation to the airport, back and forth. Thank you very much for your input.

Marathon Man 09-18-2023 11:55 AM

No. You will not need a car since you will be here later with one. Enjoy your LS visit with the golf cart. So much to see and do.

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by retiredguy123 (Post 2258231)
I would suggest that you install the free Villages App from the Google Play Store. You can get golf cart and car directions to almost any location in The Villages.

Yes, I need to do that. Thank you for the reminder!

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 2258253)
No. You will not need a car since you will be here later with one. Enjoy your LS visit with the golf cart. So much to see and do.

Yes, that is a good point. I will be able to see everything when I go later that is outside of the Villages. We might drive down too. Thank you!

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoRedSox! (Post 2258250)
We were scheduled to have a LSV starting in mid-July which ended up being canceled because our plane flight was canceled. We were going to be staying in the Christopher Villas in DeLuna. I'm not sure if there are other locations down there, but that's where we were going to be. I'm not sure if there are any more LSV's in Alden Bungalows next to Brownwood, but I don't think so. The last time I checked, The Villages was selling them fast and there were 21 homes in pending status. We had a previous LSV last December in Alden Bungalows, and we used the golf car about 80% of the time but took the car for events at night such as the orchestra at The Sharon and a concert at The Savannah Center when we didn't want to have a long golf car ride later at night. Good luck and have fun!

First of all, where are you from? I'm from Milford, MA. I saw the Red Sox in your user name! Thank you for the information. That is a real bummer about the LS visit though. I hope things improve regarding the flights. My Village rep said it is definitely in the Sawgrass area but she didn't say exactly. We are coming the first week in November. We also had a LS visit scheduled in that area last December but we had to cancel. Don't want to rent a car just for the night driving. I hope it will be okay. i will check out Deluna. I have heard about that name. Thanks again and go Sox!

GoRedSox! 09-18-2023 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela1130 (Post 2258258)
First of all, where are you from? I'm from Milford, MA. I saw the Red Sox in your user name! Thank you for the information. That is a real bummer about the LS visit though. I hope things improve regarding the flights. My Village rep said it is definitely in the Sawgrass area but she didn't say exactly. We are coming the first week in November. We also had a LS visit scheduled in that area last December but we had to cancel. Don't want to rent a car just for the night driving. I hope it will be okay. i will check out Deluna. I have heard about that name. Thanks again and go Sox!

Another challenging year for the Sox, but hopefully they are heading in the right direction and they are going to have a new head of baseball operations as ownership lost patience with the current head. My wife and I are from Connecticut. Our second LSV was scheduled for the second week of July, and we were going to look at new as well as pre-owned homes. But we ended up contracting to buy a pre-owned home the previous week. We were going to still come for the LSV just to have a week of fun....but when the flight got canceled and was going to be hard to reschedule, we canceled the second LSV. The Villages was very accommodating and easy to work with. Good luck and have fun, the LSV is an opportunity to have a blast.

JMintzer 09-18-2023 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela1130 (Post 2258254)
Yes, I need to do that. Thank you for the reminder!

Of note... The times given on both of the GPS Apps tend to over-estimate the amount of time it will take to get to your destination.

For example, if it says 30 minutes, it's typically only 20 minutes...

JMintzer 09-18-2023 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pamela1130 (Post 2258258)

Pretty sure the LS Visitors are now being housed just south of Citrus Grove, in Newell. It's just down Morse, a bit, from Sawgrass...

Pamela1130 09-18-2023 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMintzer (Post 2258284)
Of note... The times given on both of the GPS Apps tend to over-estimate the amount of time it will take to get to your destination.

For example, if it says 30 minutes, it's typically only 20 minutes...

Oh good to know! Thank you!