Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Contractors & Lawn Mowing (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/)
-   -   landscaping contractor (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-contractors-lawn-mowing-272/landscaping-contractor-344240/)

obnurse 09-19-2023 03:54 AM

landscaping contractor

Good morning- I am looking to re-do my rock beds and bushes and I am getting landscape design ideas. I am wondering if anyone has used Focal Point Landscaping and Design and if so, what was your experience TIA

villagetinker 09-19-2023 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by obnurse (Post 2258382)
Good morning- I am looking to re-do my rock beds and bushes and I am getting landscape design ideas. I am wondering if anyone has used Focal Point Landscaping and Design and if so, what was your experience TIA

I cannot comment on Focal point as I have not used them, however, make sure YOU get ARC approval for what you want to do, do not rely on contractor to do this I did once and the contractor did NOT file the paperwork for approval, the rest is a long story.

KathieI 09-19-2023 09:30 AM

No, I haven't used Focal Point and had never heard of them in the past, but they are doing a major job on a house behind me, on Timmonsville off Stillwater and it looks really good. You might want to drive past there to see it.

Bogie Shooter 09-19-2023 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 2258563)
No, I haven't used Focal Point and had never heard of them in the past, but they are doing a major job on a house behind me, on Timmonsville off Stillwater and it looks really good. You might want to drive past there to see it.

Welcome back…….

KathieI 09-19-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter (Post 2258566)
Welcome back…….

Thanks Bogie, I miss TOTV. Great memories and friendships from the past and still on going! Hope all is well.

njbchbum 09-19-2023 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KathieI (Post 2258563)

Nice to see one of TOTV's originals back with your wisdom and sage advice. Your posts were a big help when I joined.

sharonl7340 09-20-2023 05:55 AM

I believe Focal Point belongs to a long-time designer from Village Palms. Derek worked for Village Palms for a long time before leaving to start his own design landscaping business. He did our work while he was still at Villages Palms. I would put my trust in him and his company.

Chateau 09-20-2023 06:16 AM

Focal Point

Quote:

Highly recommend them based on project they just completed for us.

snsaneholtz@gmail.com 09-20-2023 06:39 AM

Excellent company.
Derek takes great pride in his workmanship.
I used him in the past and will use him in the future with no hesitation.

Barkriver 09-20-2023 08:54 AM

Quote:

We had them create some privacy landscaping in our very small backyard. They did a beautiful job!

Donaz1 09-21-2023 04:29 AM

I just used Jason Schmidt landscaping. They will do the design and choose the plants. Good company.

Redsmom 09-21-2023 12:39 PM

It’s been a couple years since focal point created our front seating area at 2611 Noriega Dr.. We are really pleased with it and enjoy it most every day. The only thing I would’ve changed is I would’ve had them make openings in the base of the wall to allow leaves to be blown through and out onto the lawn. They designed the whole thing and we think it’s quite beautiful. I would highly recommend them.

Klearhead 09-21-2023 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donaz1 (Post 2259025)
I just used Jason Schmidt landscaping. They will do the design and choose the plants. Good company.

Jason Schmidt put our waterfall in and made it clear to us that the Start job date would come after the all important paper work was approved. His work is special and the treatment of us as customers, well that's special too !

Babubhat 09-22-2023 05:33 AM

Jason Schmidt does excellent work