Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Weather Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/)
-   -   Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/hottest-september-ever-recorded-lot-dont-listen-deniers-liars-344553/)

blueash 10-05-2023 11:14 AM

Hottest September Ever Recorded by a LOT Don't listen to the deniers / liars

1 Attachment(s)
This graph uses as a zero point the temperature average over a 30 year period from 1991 to 2020. Of course this was a period when temps were already moving upward as you can see looking at how no years prior to 2002 were warmer than that average. So when a person who regularly posts that we are in a cooling trend selectively uses a single hot year as a baseline, know you are being manipulated and lied to.

Byte1 10-05-2023 11:23 AM

Can you provide a link to your information? Not sure but it seems like your information is pointed toward Europe, right? Interesting, but it also appears like you are attempting to debate your view against someone else's.

Bill14564 10-05-2023 11:25 AM

Certainly matches my personal experience. I remember snowmobiling most weekends in the 70s, maybe one year in the early 80s, and rarely enough snow to cover the ground now. I also remember not even considering AC in the early 80s but now you can barely live without it.

Good luck with the deniers.

Byte1 10-05-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2262814)
Certainly matches my personal experience. I remember snowmobiling most weekends in the 70s, maybe one year in the early 80s, and rarely enough snow to cover the ground now. I also remember not even considering AC in the early 80s but now you can barely live without it.

Good luck with the deniers.

And now they are calling for a record "COLDEST" winter due to El Nino. I moved to Florida to get away from cold weather and so far I have been surprised by some pretty cold nights during the "winter" months.

golfing eagles 10-05-2023 11:58 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 2262810)
This graph uses as a zero point the temperature average over a 30 year period from 1991 to 2020. Of course this was a period when temps were already moving upward as you can see looking at how no years prior to 2002 were warmer than that average. So when a person who regularly posts that we are in a cooling trend selectively uses a single hot year as a baseline, know you are being manipulated and lied to.

That's fine----SO WHAT??????

8 year cooling trend, 30 year warming trend, 150 years of warming----SO WHAT. It means nothing in the last 4.5 million years of our current ICE AGE marked by 70-120,000 years of alternating periods of glaciation and interglacial thaws. Our current warming trend started about 19,000 years ago and will probably continue for the next 25-30,000 years. At the peak of warming, most of Florida will be gone and our coastal cities will be under 200-400 feet of water, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And guess what? Fifty thousand year or so later, NYC will once again be covered by 2 miles of ice, AS IT HAS BEEN AT LEAST A DOZEN TIMES OVER THOSE 4.5 MILLION YEARS. And now for the harsh reality---none of that was influenced by any human (or humanoid) activity. NONE OF IT.

So, the climate change alarmists can go on spouting their garbage. Those few in the position to profit from all the hype will make $billions if not $trillions. The lemmings will march off and buy their EVs and put solar panels on their roofs. The media will continue to push this false narrative---and guess what again---none of it will make the slightest difference. We simply do not have the technology to challenge the power of the sun, Earth's orbit and precession of our axis.

And finally, as a promise to one who is constantly sounding the imminent disaster alarm, here is a picture. It was taken last month off the Isle of Capri in the Mediterranean (well actually, the Gulf of Naples) at high tide. The dark line along the cliff about 15-20 feet ABOVE the water (above the boat on the left, sorry about the resolution but it was hazy) is erosion from where the sea level was 2,000 years ago when Ceasar Augustus ruled. So much for ocean levels rising in the last 2,000 years, and at the current rate of rise we have quite a long time just to get back to the level of Roman times. Yes, we'll get there and hundreds of feet more, but not in the next decades, but in many millennia.

Two Bills 10-05-2023 12:04 PM

My time so far on this planet covers the whole of that graph.
It is obvious, whatever data is thrown up to the contrary, that over that period winters are no where near as cold.
The simple reason is, many plants now survive winters in the ground, which would not have done so over 20 years ago.
Gardens can tell you many things, as Nature does not take prisoners.

Man made? Natural climate progression? :shrug:

Bill14564 10-05-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 2262828)
And finally, as a promise to one who is constantly sounding the imminent disaster alarm, here is a picture. It was taken last month off the Isle of Capri in the Mediterranean (well actually, the Gulf of Naples) at high tide. The dark line along the cliff about 15-20 feet ABOVE the water (above the boat on the left, sorry about the resolution but it was hazy) is erosion from where the sea level was 2,000 years ago when Ceasar Augustus ruled. So much for ocean levels rising in the last 2,000 years, and at the current rate of rise we have quite a long time just to get back to the level of Roman times. Yes, we'll get there and hundreds of feet more, but not in the next decades, but in many millennia.

You believe sea levels fell 15-20 feet in the 1500 years preceding the "discovery" of the new world (assuming the coast hasn't changed much since that time)? They say a picture is worth a thousand words - it would be nice to see even a few hundred confirming and explaining that.

golfing eagles 10-05-2023 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2262834)
You believe sea levels fell 15-20 feet in the 1500 years preceding the "discovery" of the new world (assuming the coast hasn't changed much since that time)? They say a picture is worth a thousand words - it would be nice to see even a few hundred confirming and explaining that.

No, I'm stating that the sea level, at least in that part of the Mediterranean Sea, was 15-20 feet HIGHER 2000 years ago. It may very well be rising since some time after hitting a low point, we know it is currently rising. And it will continue to rise. And it's not me stating it, it was an expert on local history and geography.

Blueblaze 10-05-2023 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blueash (Post 2262810)

Very interesting. And here is a graph that includes the ACTUAL hottest year ever recorded in the United States -- 1938.

Believe it or not, the word "ever" also includes about 4 billion years of history that occurred before we were even a gleam in our father's eye.

Before you condemn 7 billion people for poverty to adjust the thermostat to your liking, maybe you should try to explain why a year your parents would have remembered was hotter than any year you have experienced since Al Gore told you the world would end in 2017 due to "global warming".

Davonu 10-05-2023 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2262829)
…Man made? Natural climate progression? :shrug:

Bingo.

golfing eagles 10-05-2023 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 2262829)
My time so far on this planet covers the whole of that graph.
It is obvious, whatever data is thrown up to the contrary, that over that period winters are no where near as cold.
The simple reason is, many plants now survive winters in the ground, which would not have done so over 20 years ago.
Gardens can tell you many things, as Nature does not take prisoners.

Man made? Natural climate progression? :shrug:

WOW---you're old:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: (just kidding)
But.....your lifespan and that graph covers 0.00018% of our current ice age and 0.00000018% of the climate history of the Earth.
So CLEARLY, OVERWHELMINGLY natural climate progression with a smidgeon of recent man-made thrown in.

dtennent 10-05-2023 02:46 PM

Since I am not a geologist, I would be interested how much of the change that you have noted is due to plate tectonics - the African plate moving into the Eurasian plate in the Mediterranean Sea.

( I forgot to add the quote showing the picture of rocks in the Mediterranean, sorry)

golfing eagles 10-05-2023 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dtennent (Post 2262873)
Since I am not a geologist, I would be interested how much of the change that you have noted is due to plate tectonics - the African plate moving into the Eurasian plate in the Mediterranean Sea.

( I forgot to add the quote showing the picture of rocks in the Mediterranean, sorry)

No idea, but logically if the Eurasian and African plates were moving closer to each other, the width of the Mediterranean would narrow and raise the water level. Of course, plates move quite slowly (except in earthquakes, but that is a release of tension and not continental drift), and can be measure in millions of years, so 2,000 years, appears, at least empirically, to be too short a time frame.

Stu from NYC 10-05-2023 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblaze (Post 2262862)
Very interesting. And here is a graph that includes the ACTUAL hottest year ever recorded in the United States -- 1938.

Believe it or not, the word "ever" also includes about 4 billion years of history that occurred before we were even a gleam in our father's eye.

Before you condemn 7 billion people for poverty to adjust the thermostat to your liking, maybe you should try to explain why a year your parents would have remembered was hotter than any year you have experienced since Al Gore told you the world would end in 2017 due to "global warming".

Perhaps instead of saying we heard it on the internet it must be true, should say Al Gore said and it must be ______.:bigbow:

golfing eagles 10-05-2023 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2262879)
Perhaps instead of saying we heard it on the internet it must be true, should say Al Gore said and it must be ______.:bigbow:

Isn't that the same thing, since he invented it???:1rotfl::1rotfl::1rotfl: