Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   R. I. P. Matthew Perry (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/r-i-p-matthew-perry-345043/)

manaboutown 10-28-2023 08:10 PM

R. I. P. Matthew Perry

Age 54, apparently in a hot tub, no sign of foul play.

'Friends' star Matthew Perry dead at age 54 of apparent drowning: report

Stu from NYC 10-28-2023 09:11 PM

Sorry to hear that apparently he had a hard life. May he rest in peace

manaboutown 10-28-2023 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2269257)
Sorry to hear that apparently he had a hard life. May he rest in peace

15 rehabs, 65 detoxes.

Sabella 10-29-2023 04:55 AM

Really so they did a toxicology report already?

Blueblaze 10-29-2023 08:05 AM

Such a hard life.

Somebody paid him more money in a year than I made in a lifetime, just to play pretend on TV for a few years. We can only imagine the suffering that led him to write a book about his addictions and off himself in his hot tub.

Poor baby.

Meanwhile, Keith Richards finally kicked heroin in his 60's and turns 80 next year. Even after he hit the big-time, he spent the next 60 years continuing to create music that my great-grandkids will still be listening to.

Neither one is a role model, but personally, I prefer the non-whiner who didn't quit doing things just because someone paid him enough to afford an addiction.

chrisinva 10-29-2023 08:25 AM

Very sad. I just read that in his 40s he realized he had spent over half his life in rehab or in sober-living facilities. A painful life.

shut the front door 10-29-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblaze (Post 2269355)
Such a hard life.

Somebody paid him more money in a year than I made in a lifetime, just to play pretend on TV for a few years. We can only imagine the suffering that led him to write a book about his addictions and off himself in his hot tub.

Poor baby.

Meanwhile, Keith Richards finally kicked heroin in his 60's and turns 80 next year. Even after he hit the big-time, he spent the next 60 years continuing to create music that my great-grandkids will still be listening to.

Neither one is a role model, but personally, I prefer the non-whiner who didn't quit doing things just because someone paid him enough to afford an addiction.

Not sure why you think it's OK to tarnish a man's name by claiming he committed suicide when the investigators and medical personnel haven't so much as hinted at such.
Is it so you can say "told you so", on the off chance it is confirmed? Or will you be back to apologize if it is ruled a cardiac event after playing pickleball for 2 hours?

manaboutown 10-29-2023 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblaze (Post 2269355)
Such a hard life.

Poor baby.

Envy, jealousy anyone?

Stu from NYC 10-29-2023 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 2269435)
Envy, jealousy anyone?

To me I just feel sorry for the guy.

ithos 10-29-2023 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 2269275)
15 rehabs, 65 detoxes.

and then there was this too:

https://twitter.com/MatthewPerry/sta...04059529961481

Blueblaze 10-29-2023 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by manaboutown (Post 2269435)
Envy, jealousy anyone?

Funny how you completely ignored the part where I admired an even richer man who has made an actual lasting contribution to society and then managed to kick his addictions and grow old.

I don't envy bums who blow their wealth on their addictions and then whine about their good fortune.

I envy men who do great things beyond my capabilities. But that's a whole other thing than jealously.

Pugchief 10-29-2023 02:35 PM

Cause of death is allegedly drowning. How do you drown in a hot tub unless you are so drugged/boozed out that you don't realize that water is filling your lungs?

LuvNH 10-29-2023 03:33 PM

I liked the show (Friends), looked forward to seeing it every week and I was entertained by the whole cast. As for how they lived their lives, I could care less. Not my business, not my problem, to each his own.

Stu from NYC 10-29-2023 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugchief (Post 2269515)
Cause of death is allegedly drowning. How do you drown in a hot tub unless you are so drugged/boozed out that you don't realize that water is filling your lungs?

Could have been heart attack or stroke that caused him to lose conciseness

margaretmattson 10-29-2023 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2269528)
Could have been heart attack or stroke that caused him to lose conciseness

My heart goes out to his family. No parent wants to live the horror of their child dying. Heartbreaking!

I know this is terribly wrong timing. But, is it a good idea to exercise and over exert yourself for two hours then get in a hot tub? Doesn't your body need time to cool down?