Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Weather Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/)
-   -   Citizens' Climate Lobby (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/weather-talk-515/citizens-climate-lobby-345427/)

sounding 11-14-2023 12:12 AM

Citizens' Climate Lobby

Discover what The Villages' chapter of the Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) is saying about climate change and human impact upon our climate: on Nov 16 at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. While making numerous climate claims using old and limited data, the CCL also claims the Inflation Reduction Act, with higher taxes, will fight man-made global warming - which has never been proven.

ThirdOfFive 11-14-2023 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounding (Post 2274399)
Discover what The Villages' chapter of the Citizens Climate Lobby (CCL) is saying about climate change and human impact upon our climate: on Nov 16 at 1:30 PM at Laurel Manor. While making numerous climate claims using old and limited data, the CCL also claims the Inflation Reduction Act, with higher taxes, will fight man-made global warming - which has never been proven.

Well, I'd love to go, but there is some paint that I need to watch dry...

fdpaq0580 11-14-2023 11:10 AM

Quote:

Like the earth has never been proven to be round. Just ask the flat earthers.

Topspinmo 11-14-2023 11:19 AM

Quote:

IMO I figured that out. :ho: Overpopulation and deforestation. And not going to stop. :shocked:

Topspinmo 11-14-2023 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2274529)
Well, I'd love to go, but there is some paint that I need to watch dry...

Why watch somebody’s else paint dry? :p

sounding 11-14-2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2274562)
IMO I figured that out. :ho: Overpopulation and deforestation. And not going to stop. :shocked:

What stopped dinosaur over-population?

What caused the great dying at the end of the Permian period?

We have no idea what nature has in store for us. Human population growth is insurance against nature.

Topspinmo 11-14-2023 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounding (Post 2274580)

We have no idea what nature has in store for us. Human population growth is insurance against nature.

Out of our control, but we can stop bulldozing and reproducing at lower rate. But probably too late anyway.

sounding 11-14-2023 02:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Topspinmo (Post 2274610)
Out of our control, but we can stop bulldozing and reproducing at lower rate. But probably too late anyway.

Cousteau has a solution -- but can't find any volunteers.

Pairadocs 11-14-2023 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounding (Post 2274616)
Cousteau has a solution -- but can't find any volunteers.

Was lab created Covid a part of that plan ? Will there be future attempts at
"reduction" coming along with more planned ineffective (but hugely profitable) vaccines that sell well in times of panic ? Who really ordered the assignation of JFK ? Of the destruction of the Trade Towers ? Will people who even dare to think such horrific and planned events could actually be the result of sick minds such as Hitler's ? Would our grandparents been labeled as "feeble minded" if they had voiced that one day people would be tracked day and night by carrying a device in their pocket or purse, or that their automobiles would record every place they went, or that their bank accounts would be constantly monitored and "flagged" according to what they purchased. Most concerning, will we finally reach a point where no questioning or deep thought will even be permitted ? Wonder about so many things, not worrying, just wondering, retina reading and tracking, "global" warming, animals running out of habitat ? Maybe I better make a Tee time and try to divert from "thinking... but Tee times are getting more difficult to find each day...LOL, take a walk I guess !

sounding 11-14-2023 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pairadocs (Post 2274655)
Was lab created Covid a part of that plan ? Will there be future attempts at
"reduction" coming along with more planned ineffective (but hugely profitable) vaccines that sell well in times of panic ? Who really ordered the assignation of JFK ? Of the destruction of the Trade Towers ? Will people who even dare to think such horrific and planned events could actually be the result of sick minds such as Hitler's ? Would our grandparents been labeled as "feeble minded" if they had voiced that one day people would be tracked day and night by carrying a device in their pocket or purse, or that their automobiles would record every place they went, or that their bank accounts would be constantly monitored and "flagged" according to what they purchased. Most concerning, will we finally reach a point where no questioning or deep thought will even be permitted ? Wonder about so many things, not worrying, just wondering, retina reading and tracking, "global" warming, animals running out of habitat ? Maybe I better make a Tee time and try to divert from "thinking... but Tee times are getting more difficult to find each day...LOL, take a walk I guess !

Don't worry ... Bill will take care of us.

PhilG 11-15-2023 07:01 AM

Why?

ThirdOfFive 11-15-2023 07:31 AM

///

ThirdOfFive 11-15-2023 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilG (Post 2274725)
Why?

Word of advice: when responding to a certain post, most folks click the "quote message in reply" box in the lower left of the reply display. Helps others to know just what is being responded to.

airstreamingypsy 11-15-2023 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sounding (Post 2274580)

You need to start watching NOVA.... very interesting, explains things like what happened to the dinosaurs.... and why periods died and were reborn.

mickey100 11-15-2023 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy (Post 2274756)
You need to start watching NOVA.... very interesting, explains things like what happened to the dinosaurs.... and why periods died and were reborn.

But that would mean watching something other than Fox News, which is a foreign concept to many TOTV posters.