Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Amazing New Statistic (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/amazing-new-statistic-345590/)

Rich Iwaszko 11-20-2023 02:24 PM

Amazing New Statistic

Recent reports profess that 1 out of every 5 people has a mental disorder. If you looked closer you could come to the same conclusion.

Golfers are put into foursomes for this reason.

Golf Cars with extra seats allow up to 4 passengers.

Lines at grocery stores rarely allow more than 4 customers in line before opening a new register.

Most restaurant tables are for four diners.

You never want to sit at the bar as you will surely run into a few of those people with issues.

You need to be careful whenever you are anywhere that allows more than 4 people. Stay alert.

You can see this when more than 4 people answer a blog. 1/5 of the answers are questionable.

What have you noticed! Stay safe out there..............:pray:

Randall55 11-20-2023 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Iwaszko (Post 2276148)
Recent reports profess that 1 out of every 5 people has a mental disorder. If you looked closer you could come to the same conclusion.

Golfers are put into foursomes for this reason.

Golf Cars with extra seats allow up to 4 passengers.

Lines at grocery stores rarely allow more than 4 customers in line before opening a new register.

Most restaurant tables are for four diners.

You never want to sit at the bar as you will surely run into a few of those people with issues.

You need to be careful whenever you are anywhere that allows more than 4 people. Stay alert.

You can see this when more than 4 people answer a blog. 1/5 of the answers are questionable.

What have you noticed! Stay safe out there..............:pray:

????? It is possible that one of the 4 in your scenarios has a mental problem. It is possible for 2, 3, or all to have mental issues. 1 in 5 means 20% of the population has mental issues. They can mix and gather wherever they like. We live in an elderly population, I would assume there are many with mental issues here.

If you find what you believe is a CRAZY person, that person probably believes you are CRAZY. You can find a group of people who side with you. Your proclaimed CRAZY person can find a group that agrees with him. Opinion is not CRAZY. It is only a difference in how people view the world.

Pugchief 11-20-2023 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Randall55 (Post 2276158)
????? It is possible that one of the 4 in your scenarios has a mental problem. It is possible for 2, 3, or all to have mental issues. 1 in 5 means 20% of the population has mental issues. They can mix and gather wherever they like. We live in an elderly population, I would assume there are many with mental issues here.

It was a joke, i.e., sarcasm.

And in reality, I would be shocked if it was only 1 in 5. If you want a career that will have growth, mental health is a sure winner.

Randall55 11-20-2023 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pugchief (Post 2276188)
It was a joke, i.e., sarcasm.

And in reality, I would be shocked if it was only 1 in 5. If you want a career that will have growth, mental health is a sure winner.

Sorry. I did not see any humor in it. I guess we like different types of jokes.

JGibson 11-24-2023 10:59 AM

So mental illness is a joke now, what next cancer?

Chi-Town 11-24-2023 11:11 AM

Uh-oh post #5 just happened.

Blueblaze 11-24-2023 12:29 PM

Only 20%? Is that all it takes to produce exploding cars that need a 45 minute layover to go 250 miles, runaway inflation, butchered babies, college kids protesting in favor of baby butchers, a foreign invasion, poop maps for American cities, tent cities for drug addicts and lunatics, cashless "bail", legalized shoplifting up to $1000, subsidized Iranian mullahs with nuclear ambitions, cross-dressing kindergartners, drag queen story hour, paralyzing fear of next century's weather, thousands of square miles of forest mowed down for windmills and solar cells purchased from China to produce 2% of the energy we need to save us from a 2 degree rise in the temperature a century from now?

Gee, I would have guessed we'd need at least a majority lunatic population to do all that!

ThirdOfFive 11-24-2023 12:32 PM

I was once part of a bowling foursome, all of us left-handed.

What are the odds?

Topspinmo 11-24-2023 12:44 PM

The educated looks at uneducated mental deficiencies mental disorders and not same opportunities. :faint:

Topspinmo 11-24-2023 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive (Post 2277078)
I was once part of a bowling foursome, all of us left-handed.

What are the odds?

Almost as close to winning 4 number lottery. (1-2500)

Chi-Town 11-24-2023 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueblaze (Post 2277076)
Only 20%? Is that all it takes to produce exploding cars that need a 45 minute layover to go 250 miles, runaway inflation, butchered babies, college kids protesting in favor of baby butchers, a foreign invasion, poop maps for American cities, tent cities for drug addicts and lunatics, cashless "bail", legalized shoplifting up to $1000, subsidized Iranian mullahs with nuclear ambitions, cross-dressing kindergartners, drag queen story hour, paralyzing fear of next century's weather, thousands of square miles of forest mowed down for windmills and solar cells purchased from China to produce 2% of the energy we need to save us from a 2 degree rise in the temperature a century from now?

Gee, I would have guessed we'd need at least a majority lunatic population to do all that!

Nice wrapup of your daily viewing.