Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Would like Cheddars in The Villages? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/would-like-cheddars-villages-346865/)

coffeebean 01-15-2024 06:52 PM

Would you like Cheddars in The Villages?

When we go to Orlando or Westley Chappel, we go to Cheddars for lunch. There is a Cheddars in Ocala too. We really enjoy their menu and the food is great. I have always thought Cheddars would be a real hit with Villagers. Would you like Cheddars to come here?

This is their website with the menu.......
Access Denied

Stu from NYC 01-15-2024 07:08 PM

Yes and cheesecake factory

Djean1981 01-15-2024 08:26 PM

Yes, I would like a Cheddar's, Jason's Deli, and an El Pollo Loco.

shaw8700@outlook.com 01-15-2024 09:18 PM

Yes, I would and The Habit. Just minutes ago I finished the soup I bought when we went El Pollo Loco for lunch! The chicken and beans weren’t bad either.

CarlR33 01-15-2024 09:24 PM

Write them a letter (or email) and tell them about the Villages they may not be aware of it?

Manza 01-16-2024 09:43 AM

Stopped at the one in Wesley Chapel. Not only will I never eat at one of those again, I won't eat at a Cracker Barrel either. Absolutely the worst meal we have had in years.

coffeebean 01-16-2024 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manza (Post 2291772)
Stopped at the one in Wesley Chapel. Not only will I never eat at one of those again, I won't eat at a Cracker Barrel either. Absolutely the worst meal we have had in years.

Do you mean Cheddars? Oh my goodness. What did you order?

We have dined there countless times but we usually order the same thing as we have our favorites. My favorite is the Grilled Chicken Pecan Salad. I order the salad with Honey Lime dressing which is out of this world delicious. Another favorite is the Monte Cristo sandwich served with their homemade raspberry reduction sauce; always cooked to perfection and comes out golden brown with a nice crisp.

I agree with you about Cracker Barrel. Eating there once was enough for me.

Bill14564 01-16-2024 10:05 AM

Never been to a Cheddars. What do they have that I cannot find here already?

PugMom 01-16-2024 10:12 AM

i never heard of it before, but menu looks good. can i ask if they go heavy on salt?

coffeebean 01-16-2024 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2291797)
Never been to a Cheddars. What do they have that I cannot find here already?

Their Monte Cristo sandwich is one that I have not seen anywhere else. It is delicious too.

coffeebean 01-16-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PugMom (Post 2291802)
i never heard of it before, but menu looks good. can i ask if they go heavy on salt?

Sorry to say, looks like many dishes are high in sodium. Here is the nutritional guide. (Wish I had not looked at this but it still will not stop me from eating my favorite dishes.)

https://media.cheddars.com/images/si...ve_1.15.24.pdf

Bill14564 01-16-2024 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 2291846)
Their Monte Cristo sandwich is one that I have not seen anywhere else. It is delicious too.

There is a sandwich with the same name at Gator's in Brownwood. I haven't had it in several years and I've never been to a Cheddars so I don't know how they compare.

justjim 01-16-2024 02:30 PM

Cheddars is franchised so I hear. I think they would do well in TV. We ate at one in Warner Robbins Georgia several years ago. We were traveling. As I remember it was a good experience. They are Darden brand.

BrianL99 01-16-2024 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coffeebean (Post 2291623)
When we go to Orlando or Westley Chappel, we go to Cheddars for lunch. There is a Cheddars in Ocala too. We really enjoy their menu and the food is great. I have always thought Cheddars would be a real hit with Villagers. Would you like Cheddars to come here?

This is their website with the menu.......
Access Denied

The Villages needs another 2 Star restaurant, like it needs another McDonald's.

asianthree 01-16-2024 06:46 PM

While the menu is pretty standard for a franchise, the sodium content is far too high for us to consume. Monte Cristo with processed meat, then battered and deep fried, is ok at Cheddars, but the once a year to eat badly we get one of the best MC’s from a secret menu at magic kingdom, and split it