Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Talk of the Music (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/)
-   -   What would the Beatles do (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/talk-music-337/what-would-beatles-do-347610/)

Robbb 02-11-2024 02:04 PM

What would the Beatles do

As we all anxiously await the performance of Usher in tonights halftime show (yea I have no godly idea either) the questions comes up. IF the Beatles were performing there tonight which 3 or 4 songs should they play?

fourjayranch 02-11-2024 07:41 PM

She Loves You
Twist and Shout
Penny Lane
Sgt. Pepper

Snakster66 02-11-2024 07:50 PM

I’m an egalitarian. I’d like to think they’d do one for each of them. So….

Here comes the sun
All you need is love
A little help from my friends
Hey Jude

coralway 02-11-2024 11:17 PM

I can’t possibly imagine Lennon would have agreed to do such a thing.

tophcfa 02-11-2024 11:24 PM

Regardless of which songs the Beatles would have played, it would have been enjoyable music as opposed to the horrendous noise pollution during this year’s halftime. At least it gave us about a half hour to take the dog for a walk before the second half started, and it was an entertaining game.

Two Bills 02-12-2024 04:17 AM

Well done Chiefs for winning the Swift Trophy.
Quite exciting stuff, for a conspiracy game. :icon_wink:

I also agree that no way would John Lennon have appeared.
However, if they did, they would have to include Yellow Submarine.

Marathon Man 02-12-2024 07:32 AM

I remember when the 'old people' said that the Beatles made loud noise and needed to cut their hair. Only the faces have changed. I enjoyed the half time show.

LuvNH 02-12-2024 07:54 AM

Enjoyed the game, two well matched teams. Half time - IMHO it just gets worse every Super Bowl. Muted it.

dtennent 02-13-2024 03:14 AM

The Long And Winding Road

Blackbird45 02-13-2024 04:37 AM

I grew up in a state subsidized apartment complex with 30 kids my own age. A lot of signed up with Pop Warner football league. I think our parents were happy because it was a place to release our aggression.
I still love to watch football even when I have no interest in either team or the outcome. What I love to watch is when a team executes a plan that throws the other team off balance and catches them by surprise. To me that is what distinguishes football from many other sports. Besides brawn there has to be brains. The half time show is just a bathroom break.

Bay Kid 02-13-2024 07:26 AM

Hasn't been a good halftime show for many , many years. Except the Janet Jackson boob show, not.

djlnc 02-13-2024 09:21 AM

An explanation I have heard is that the whole production - halftime show and advertising - is geared toward younger folks because they are not yet set in their ways as far as consumer products. They are more easily influenced by ads than older folks. It's all about the dollar.

Regorp 02-13-2024 09:27 AM

Halftime

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robbb (Post 2300114)
As we all anxiously await the performance of Usher in tonights halftime show (yea I have no godly idea either) the questions comes up. IF the Beatles were performing there tonight which 3 or 4 songs should they play?

Paul and Ringo could put in an awesome halftime show since they still perform and very healthy. Could play Yellow Submarine, Get Back, With a Little Help From My Friends, and Yesterday.

Whitley 02-13-2024 11:39 AM

When I was younger I had just about every Beatles album, including the colored disks and european only albums. As I got older, I learned guitar, joined a band and lost some of my appreciation of them. There are, imo, better musicians. They were in the right place at the right time.

Freeda 02-13-2024 04:34 PM

As an 'aside', they would probably include their newly (just a few months ago), and, I assume probably final, released song, 'Now and Then'. The story - Google it - behind how this was possible is longer than I can tell here; but is very interesting and moving, as is the music video, available on Youtube.com.