Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Toll ? MCO to Brownwood? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/toll-mco-brownwood-348454/)

roadrnnr 03-12-2024 10:07 AM

Toll ? MCO to Brownwood?

Coming down for our second LSV next week and this time I want to use the Turnpike with a rental.

I am going to get one of those non transponder prepaid Sun Passes.

Can someone tell me the Toll cost from MCO to Brownwood, and maby what exit that is?

We may want to travel around more this time also so I am wondering how much I should prepay. I was thinking about $50

Does that seem about right?

No Idea what the tolls are in that area and how many?

Thanks,

Tim

dewilson58 03-12-2024 10:14 AM

https://www.sunpass.com/en/tolls/tollsSunPass.shtml

Bill14564 03-12-2024 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrnnr (Post 2310175)
Coming down for our second LSV next week and this time I want to use the Turnpike with a rental.

I am going to get one of those non transponder prepaid Sun Passes.

Can someone tell me the Toll cost from MCO to Brownwood, and maby what exit that is?

We may want to travel around more this time also so I am wondering how much I should prepay. I was thinking about $50

Does that seem about right?

No Idea what the tolls are in that area and how many?

Thanks,

Tim

This toll calculator might help.

You have options with which exit to take or even which toll road to take so it's hard to give an exact number. It looks like Wildwood to MCO is $6.15 so $13 round trip. $50 should be more than sufficient but may also be much more than you will use.

Rainger99 03-12-2024 10:21 AM

If you are coming from MCO, get the Visitor Toll Pass at the airport. You rent it for $10 but that is refunded when you return it so there is no cost for the transponder - you only pay for the tolls. A friend of mine used it and said it was real easy. And much cheaper than buying the rental car toll pass!!!!

Visitor Toll Pass - Welcome

If you are going to Brownwood, you would exit at Wildwood 301 (or if you wanted to see the new area under construction, you would exit at 296 route 470) and take SR 44 to Brownwood - about a mile.

I did the numbers and it is $6.15 each way - if I did it right.

SunPass Toll Calculator

roadrnnr 03-12-2024 10:22 AM

OK Thanks

I just went on the Sun Pass web site and it looks like you can't even sign up with out a Lic Plate.

Since I won't have that till I get the rental not sure what to do now.

Are all the toll stations Cashless?

Rainger99 03-12-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrnnr (Post 2310181)
OK Thanks

I just went on the Sun Pass web site and it looks like you can't even sign up with out a Lic Plate.

Get the Visitor Toll pass and add the license plate before you leave the airport.

Bill14564 03-12-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

OK Thanks

Possible solution: Sign up for the car you are not bringing then add the rental when you arrive.

The tolls from Wildwood to MCO or Disney are cashless.

CarlR33 03-12-2024 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainger99 (Post 2310180)
If you are coming from MCO, get the Visitor Toll Pass at the airport. You rent it for $10 but that is refunded when you return it so there is no cost for the transponder - you only pay for the tolls. A friend of mine used it and said it was real easy. And much cheaper than buying the rental car toll pass!!!!

If you are going to Brownwood, you would exit at Wildwood 301 (or if you wanted to see the new area under construction, you would exit at 296 route 470) and take SR 44 to Brownwood - about a mile.

I did the numbers and it is $6.15 each way - if I did it right.

SunPass Toll Calculator

Or about the cost of one drink at the square, LOL

roadrnnr 03-12-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2310185)
Possible solution: Sign up for the car you are not bringing then add the rental when you arrive.

The tolls from Wildwood to MCO or Disney are cashless.

That's a good Idea Thanks

Dusty_Star 03-12-2024 10:42 AM

Quote:

OK Thanks

Rainger's idea about the Visitor Pass looks like the way to go. Check it out:

charles_2000 03-12-2024 10:57 AM

Last November I used the Orlando airport Visitor tag and it was $10.00 & $8.50 to go from the Airport to the Villages CR470W exit (south end) and back.

roadrnnr 03-12-2024 11:08 AM

OK Signed up with my plate and will add rental when I get there. Thanks All

Rainger99 03-12-2024 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charles_2000 (Post 2310197)
Last November I used the Orlando airport Visitor tag and it was $10.00 & $8.50 to go from the Airport to the Villages CR470W exit (south end) and back.

Did you get the $10 back when you returned the car?

charles_2000 03-12-2024 03:40 PM

As far as I could see/remember on my CC statement , No , it was $18.00 total.

MrChip72 03-12-2024 06:41 PM

I rented from Avis a few months ago and they had a flat rate charge for using the turnpike. I was just driving the car from TV to MCO and I think they charged me $12. I was told all of the cars are equipped with Sunpass transponders so you can't use your own.