Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Frankfurters and other named tube steaks.. (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/frankfurters-other-named-tube-steaks-348458/)

Gpsma 03-12-2024 01:15 PM

Frankfurters and other named tube steaks..

Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
After all, the famous hot dog eating contest is at Nathans!
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Nathans is the only true hot dog….it must also be HALAL,

Shipping up to Boston 03-12-2024 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 2310255)
Akin to my ketchup thread, it is time to seriously discuss frankfurters…aka hot dogs, weiners etc.

There is absolutely no frank other than Nathans in Coney Island, Brooklyn that is worth eating. All others are ground pulp compared to Nathans.
After all, the famous hot dog eating contest is at Nathans!
Nothing better than standing out on surf avenue in coney island enjoying the only true American Hot Dog.

Now before you people from chicago chime in. Chicago style hot dogs are an disaster to the culinary world..who can taste the meat with a kitchen sink piled on it.

And lets not discuss something MidWesterners call “Coney Sauce”….there is no Coney Sauce in Coney Island

And lets not go anywhere saying that chili should be on a hot dog..at most, some mustard nd sauerkrut. You want to eat chili..eat it..leave it off a hot dog.

And New Jersey….ive seen them put cream cheese or mashed potatoes on hot dogs…another abomination to the human spirit.

Nathans is the only true hot dog….it must also be HALAL,

Trolling....Part 2

Dusty_Star 03-12-2024 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I like Trader Joe's Pups. With mustard, & naturally fermented sauerkraut.

Gpsma 03-12-2024 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2310257)
Trolling....Part 2

Serious discussion…if you would like to discuss,please comment about hot dogs in boston..that would be intersting.
Do they put baked beans on hot dogs there?

Shipping up to Boston 03-12-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 2310260)
Serious discussion…if you would like to discuss,please comment about hot dogs in boston..that would be intersting.
Do they put baked beans on hot dogs there?

Seriously, I’m not saying people don’t but the places I go to in Boston.... like Sullivan’s on Castle Island (South Boston)....it’s standard offerings ( minced onion, relish, mustard and dare I say....KETCHUP!)

Shipping up to Boston 03-12-2024 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2310263)
Seriously, I’m not saying people don’t but the places I go to in Boston.... like Sullivan’s on Castle Island (South Boston)....it’s standard offerings ( minced onion, relish, mustard and dare I say....KETCHUP!)

New Englanders, Maine specifically, know of an iconic spot in York, Maine. A roadside converted mobile home that pushes out untold numbers of hotdogs yearly. Proprietary dog made locally with a little snap, steamed bun and again a proprietary relish, which topped with mayo and celery salt is....what you eat before you go to the electric chair! Amazing

Shipping up to Boston 03-12-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2310264)
New Englanders, Maine specifically, know of an iconic spot in York, Maine. A roadside converted mobile home that pushes out untold numbers of hotdogs yearly. Proprietary dog made locally with a little snap, steamed bun and again a proprietary relish, which topped with mayo and celery salt is....what you eat before you go to the electric chair! Amazing

Oops! Flo’s Hot Dogs...Cape Neddick ME

Gpsma 03-12-2024 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston (Post 2310264)

My friend snowbirds in Ogunquit..i belive pretty close to york. I willhave to ask him about that.

Keefelane66 03-12-2024 02:15 PM

I grew up with Blackies Hot Dog with their home made relish since 1928 Cheshire Ct and Capitol Lunch with their meat sauce since 1929 New Britain Ct both use Martin Rosol all beef hot dogs with natural casings established 1928.
Nathan’s established 1916 is now a Chinese owned company.

Stu from NYC 03-12-2024 02:43 PM

Hot dogs must be all beef from parts of the cow that we would normally eat which is why Kosher are best.

Further we should only allow mustard and sauerkraut to be put on the dog on top of the bun.

Gpsma 03-12-2024 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2310287)
Hot dogs must be all beef from parts of the cow that we would normally eat which is why Kosher are best.

Further we should only allow mustard and sauerkraut to be put on the dog on top of the bun.

Exactly….nathans is great. But still nothing better than a hot dog vendor on a NYC street corner selling Sabretts

Stu from NYC 03-12-2024 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gpsma (Post 2310296)
Exactly….nathans is great. But still nothing better than a hot dog vendor on a NYC street corner selling Sabretts

Sorry you are totally wrong. Nathans are ok but Kosher much better, and sabretts comes from parts of an animal you would get disgusted with if you knew.

Dusty_Star 03-12-2024 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2310304)
Sorry you are totally wrong. Nathans are ok but Kosher much better, and sabretts comes from parts of an animal you would get disgusted with if you knew.

You're right, for at home, Hebrew Nationals are pretty good.

New Englander 03-12-2024 03:46 PM

I like Oscar Meyer all beef hot dogs with yellow mustard and sweet relish.

JMintzer 03-12-2024 04:00 PM

Real Kosher Hot Dogs, with natural casings. Typically sold at a Kosher butcher shop or deli, link style, where you can buy a strand of dogs...

You'll get that "CRUNCH" when you bite them...

Add brown mustard, maybe sauerkraut and your golden...