Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Dog Barking in Vicinity of The Polo Field (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/dog-barking-vicinity-polo-field-348515/)

Magoosan 03-14-2024 12:36 PM

Dog Barking in Vicinity of The Polo Field

Live in Santiago close to Beloved’s horse farm and regularly hear many dogs barking in the distance. Sounds like it could be a kennel but don’t know of any in that area. Sounds like they are in distress. Has been going on for many months. Any ideas?

Pondboy 03-14-2024 03:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
In looking at google maps (see photo) it doesn’t look like a kennel is near by. So I’d assume a neighbor.

CarlR33 03-14-2024 04:25 PM

Maybe take a Sunday ride sometime and try to narrow it down?

Bitsee 03-14-2024 04:38 PM

Please call the proper authorities and have them do a wellness check on the situation.
You my even save thier lives if they were abandoned out there.

Mleeja 03-14-2024 06:54 PM

I hear the dogs barking as well. I think the home at the north end of 72nd Blvd has a dog kennel.

CFrance 03-14-2024 07:00 PM

Could be coyotes. We hear them this time of year from Tamarind Grove. With calving happening in the spring, they are on the hunt.

Pondboy 03-14-2024 08:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the homes at the north end of 72nd Blvd

OhioBuckeye 03-16-2024 08:15 AM

Wait a min. you mean you go outside & listen for barking in the distance so you have something to complain about. Where we did live in Charlotte if we go outside you almost always could hear barking, why don’t this person just let there neighbors complain. I would think they would get tired of it quicker than someone 4-5 or 6 blocks away. Really!

Redsmom 03-16-2024 09:12 AM

We are hearing it in Santiago as well. It can be annoying mostly because I’m worried about the dogs welfare. Probably a year or so ago there was a discussion on Nextdoor about it, and abruptly the barking stopped - for months.

It’s not constant, it’s as if they let out the dogs periodically. I am envisioning somebody boarding dogs in their home as a side business possibly.

Lea N 03-16-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bitsee (Post 2311101)
Please call the proper authorities and have them do a wellness check on the situation.
You my even save thier lives if they were abandoned out there.

Yes, please call to help the pups. If a dog(s) are in distress they need help.

kaydee 03-16-2024 10:06 PM

This is not an uncommon sound. I have lived near the polo field for over 20 years & the sound I’ve heard is coyotes most nites.

OhioBuckeye 03-17-2024 08:48 AM

I understand pet owners have to let their pets out now & then but for someone 5 or 6 houses away to complain, really. I would think someone next door would get tired of a neighbor pet Yip Yapping would complain. Don’t complain because let one of the pet owners neighbors over by the polo field complain. If you complain people will somehow label the complainer the real complainer. All of my neighbors have dogs, most of them have 2 dogs. When I go outside & they’re out they bark, that’s what dogs do, My neighbors always always call them in, no more barking! Just me don’t complain, let one of their neighbors address it.