Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Landscape Talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/)
-   -   Landscape curbing problem (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/landscape-talk-129/landscape-curbing-problem-348636/)

key2144 03-19-2024 06:08 AM

Landscape curbing problem

I had landscape curbing put around a live oak tree. The tree roots have now buckled the curbing and made it unsightly. Does anyone have a solution to the problem. I thought about having the cement curbing removed and planting grass. How would I get rid of a lot of cement curbing.

villagetinker 03-19-2024 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by key2144 (Post 2312978)
I had landscape curbing put around a live oak tree. The tree roots have now buckled the curbing and made it unsightly. Does anyone have a solution to the problem. I thought about having the cement curbing removed and planting grass. How would I get rid of a lot of cement curbing.

You could call the trash collection company serving your area and see if they would pick up the curbing during normal pickup, if not ask about special pickup, CSU typically charges $10. You could also replace the curbing with landscape blocks, but I would strongly suggest getting ARC approval for the change.

dguerini 03-19-2024 10:10 AM

Quote:

We recently had landscaping completed (Focal Point Landscaping) and they removed the old concrete curbing because of buckling under the oak trees. They replaced with flexible "no dig" edging, which will adjust better to any future changes in the tree roots.

Arctic Fox 03-19-2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

We have tall, bushy grass growing round all of our trees, which blends well into the next stage (be it grass or ground cover). As previously suggested, maybe the landscaper would take away the concrete as part of the job.

Topspinmo 03-20-2024 09:25 PM

Is section curbing’s? If so take section out dig around root cut it. Fill in replace curbing. Yes, lot work if able and have tools ( you can but lot tools for cost of paying someone), but couple week and soon be flat again.

Ozzello 03-22-2024 07:10 AM

Dump concrete for FREE!! In Wildwood. PM me