Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Napolinos Experience (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/napolinos-experience-348756/)

xhippee 03-23-2024 02:57 PM

Napolinos Experience

This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.

Altavia 03-23-2024 03:32 PM

The couple times we've been there it was like they warmed up Chef Boyardee out of the can. :1rotfl:

vintageogauge 03-23-2024 03:46 PM

They have had a lot of health violations lately also, some really nasty ones. Would not step foot in that place.

Stu from NYC 03-23-2024 03:51 PM

They had one problem and fixed it.

We have been there quite a lot and enjoy it. Last night had dinner with another couple and excellent meal.

Uncle Creepy 03-23-2024 03:53 PM

Restaurants...

Quote:

Originally Posted by xhippee (Post 2314727)
This was almost amusing. Went to Napolinos last night with another couple. I told the waitress I'd like chicken parm, with linguini and white clam sauce. She said it would be a $3 upcharge. I said ok. When it arrived 40 minutes later, the linguini was doused in a thick, white gravy...devoid of clams. When I pointed this out to the waitress, she said if I wanted clams in my clam sauce, I'd have to order it as a dinner. I actually laughed. First and last time for me there.

Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.

Uncle Creepy 03-23-2024 03:54 PM

That's simply because you're used to jello in the hospital 😅

Bogie Shooter 03-23-2024 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy (Post 2314741)
Every "restaurant" in the Villages is possibly the worst service and food I've ever had. I would rather eat a MRE (Meal Ready to Eat) from the Army Infantry.... including hospital and VA food. It's absolutely disgusting.

Does this mean you don’t eat out? Be honest now…………..

Dusty_Star 03-23-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

That is definitely not my experience. But you are welcome to eat MREs & leave the restaurants to us.

gatorbill1 03-23-2024 06:05 PM

One of my favorite places - never had a bad meal there over the years.

Stu from NYC 03-23-2024 06:20 PM

Quote:

Every restaurant? Remind me to never pay attention to a review you do.

Normal 03-23-2024 06:59 PM

Rodellos

Rodellos just off of the corner of 470 and 27 has fairly good Italian food.

mtdjed 03-23-2024 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Normal (Post 2314781)
Rodellos just off of the corner of 470 and 27 has fairly good Italian food.

Fairly good is not a recommendation. I take that as NO GO.

OrangeBlossomBaby 03-23-2024 09:12 PM

Quote:

Wow that's crazy! I just looked at their menu, and linguine with clam sauce (red or white) isn't even an option for a side, it's only on there as a dinner choice.

Maybe next time, order what's on the menu, and you won't be disappointed.

That said - no idea why you got an actual white gravy. White clam sauce isn't white. It's only called that to distinguish it from red. It's mostly just olive oil, minced garlic, lemon juice, clam juice, and red pepper.

margaretmattson 03-23-2024 09:35 PM

Quote:

Sounds like your server had no idea what you wanted when you placed your order. The server should have asked questions. Do not condemn an entire restaurant and staff on one mistake. Unless, the people who dined with you didn't like their food. If everyone in your party agrees the food was awful, then move on!

We dined there twice and have not returned. Like most Italian restaurants here, it was mediocre at best. If we want a good Italian meal, we make it at home. We purchase pasta made in Italy, choose ripe tomatoes, and use fresh spices. The quality ingredients cost much less than eating out and our meal is always superb.

IMO, you will not get FRESH at Italian restaurants in the Villages. After many years of trying, we have eliminated all of them. We only dine at restaurants where meals are made to order.

Ele201 03-24-2024 04:58 AM

Quote:

I might have laughed as well at the waitress’s comment on the clam sauce. She sounds quite inexperienced. But to be frank, that may be how the kitchen operates and what the chef told her. In other words, the linguini with (actual clams) in the sauce is reserved for an entree, not a side dish of pasta to go with your chicken parm. Kitchen can cut costs that way too.