Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Executive Courses - The Villages Golf Course Conditions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/)
-   -   Oakleigh Executive (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/executive-courses-villages-golf-course-conditions-472/oakleigh-executive-348788/)

jarodrig 03-25-2024 08:01 AM

Oakleigh Executive

2 Attachment(s)
Here is another executive golf course that is in very good condition. Played there yesterday.

Greens are in good shape with a grass collar around most of the greens giving you a fighting chance at having a decent chip ….

I guess that the “El Nino Hoax” just passed this one by !

I would rate the entire course an 8 out 10 ….

Lottoguy 03-25-2024 09:02 AM

Most of the courses in the northern area are in good shape. Maybe they just have better understanding of how to treat the lawns up here. But, that is not the case of El Diablo. It's in very bad shape.

Blueblaze 03-25-2024 11:27 AM

Quit telling everybody! You want all those Southies coming up here and messing up our courses?

Topspinmo 03-25-2024 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 2315280)
Most of the courses in the northern area are in good shape. Maybe they just have better understanding of how to treat the lawns up here. But, that is not the case of El Diablo. It's in very bad shape.

Or not trampled to death everyday? :a20:

Janie123 03-26-2024 05:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jarodrig (Post 2315254)
Here is another executive golf course that is in very good condition. Played there yesterday.

Greens are in good shape with a grass collar around most of the greens giving you a fighting chance at having a decent chip ….

I guess that the “El Nino Hoax” just passed this one by !

I would rate the entire course an 8 out 10 ….

Maybe it’s because Oakleigh was closed for 2 months during the El Niño weather patterns in Dec/Jan/Feb.

Lottoguy 03-26-2024 08:32 AM

The courses up north get lots of play too. I think it all comes down to who is in charge of the care of these golf courses. It's obvious some people do not know what they are doing!

jarodrig 03-26-2024 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lottoguy (Post 2315571)
the courses up north get lots of play too. I think it all comes down to who is in charge of the care of these golf courses. It's obvious some people do not know what they are doing!

bingo ! :)

Topspinmo 03-26-2024 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janie123 (Post 2315483)
Maybe it’s because Oakleigh was closed for 2 months during the El Niño weather patterns in Dec/Jan/Feb.

One was closed for retention pond drain tubing replacement for 2 months or so.

Topspinmo 03-26-2024 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lottoguy (Post 2315280)

I think luck has lot to do with it. :22yikes: