Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Just For Fun (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/)
-   -   Quick horse story (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/just-fun-109/quick-horse-story-348916/)

CoachKandSportsguy 03-29-2024 11:57 AM

Quick horse story

A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Look, horse, you’ve been in here every night this week. Do you think maybe you’re an alcoholic?”

The horse replies, “I think not!”, and then, poof, the horse disappears.

You’re probably wondering how a horse could just disappear like that. Well it goes back to something that the philosopher Rene Descartes said more than 2 centuries ago: “I think, therefore I am.” Once the horse went against that, he was finished.

Now, I could have started this story with that part about philosophy, but that would have been putting Descartes before the horse.

jimbomaybe 03-29-2024 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy (Post 2316772)
A horse walks into a bar. The bartender says, “Look, horse, you’ve been in here every night this week. Do you think maybe you’re an alcoholic?”

You’re probably wondering how a horse could just disappear like that. Well it goes back to something that the philosopher Rene Descartes said more than 2 centuries ago: “I think, therefore I am.” Once the horse went against that, he was finished.

Now, I could have started this story with that part about philosophy, but that would have been putting Descartes before the horse.

OHHHH,, OHHHHH , moderator MODERATOR

AMB444 03-29-2024 05:17 PM

Quote:

...Descartes before the horse.

oh dear. :sigh:

:1rotfl:

Stu from NYC 03-29-2024 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbomaybe (Post 2316861)

Why do you have a problem with that post?

jimbomaybe 03-29-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2316888)

A snail, grasshopper and a caterpillar all work at a warehouse, on their breaks they sit and discuss cars, the snail tells them wait till next week , I will show you something amazing , next week the snail shows up with a megabuck performance , mid six figure work of art, with an S painted on the sides the snail get in and starts circling the block , faster and faster , just a blur, the caterpillar turns to the grasshopper, points to the S car and 'Look at that escargot !!! "

Boomer 03-29-2024 06:35 PM

Oh, noooo, you are pun-ishing us.

I love those silly little jokes that play on words.

Do you know more of them?

Boomer

fdpaq0580 03-29-2024 06:40 PM

A sailor walks into a bordello. Sorry, if I continue I'll be banned. Use the dirtiest organ you have, you mind, and finish the story. 🤐🙊😱🤬

CoachKandSportsguy 03-29-2024 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimbomaybe (Post 2316861)

:1rotfl: :1rotfl: :1rotfl: :1rotfl:

shaw8700@outlook.com 03-29-2024 10:39 PM

I LOVE all these!

gbs317 03-30-2024 05:10 AM

Quote:

And my kids tell me my dad jokes are terrible…. With your permission can I use this one on them the next time I talk to them…. I love it. 😂

mntlblok 03-30-2024 05:37 AM

Button

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 103520
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stu from NYC (Post 2316888)

Cause they ain't got one of these?

Salty Dog 03-30-2024 07:14 AM

I went to the liquor store Friday afternoon on my bicycle. I bought a bottle of Scotch and put it in the bicycle basket.

As I was about to leave, I thought to myself that if I fell off the bicycle, the bottle might break. So I drank all the Scotch before I cycled home.

It turned out to be a very good decision, because I fell off my bicycle seven times on the way home...

Angelhug52 03-30-2024 07:18 AM

Needed a good laugh. TY

ThirdOfFive 03-30-2024 07:19 AM

I have a nag-ging doubt that this story is not true...

Finchs 03-30-2024 07:24 AM

Why does the Easter Bunny Hide Eggs?

He doesn't want anyone to know he's been messing with the chickens!!!