Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Lost and Found (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/lost-found-352/)
-   -   Lost - Apple Air Tag (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/lost-found-352/lost-apple-air-tag-349343/)

wsachs 04-16-2024 12:30 PM

Lost - Apple Air Tag

In the past few days I've lost my Apple Air Tag. It's small and white, about the size of a $.50 piece. Indicates that it's around Evans Prairie or Ranchwood Terrace in Gilchrist. I'm located in the Village of Hemingway.

Bill14564 04-16-2024 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsachs (Post 2322107)
In the past few days I've lost my Apple Air Tag. It's small and white, about the size of a $.50 piece. Indicates that it's around Evans Prairie or Beechwood Terrace. I'm located in the Village of Hemingway.

Quite likely no one would notice it laying in the grass.

Why not use the Find My app on your iphone to get close to it? If you're lucky, the app may take you right to it.

fdpaq0580 04-16-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2322109)

Why not use the Find My app on your iphone to get close to it? If you're lucky, the app may take you right to it.

Um! Isn't that what it is for? The tag, I mean.

Keefelane66 04-16-2024 01:05 PM

True some buy stuff and don’t know how to use the item.

wsachs 04-16-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill14564 (Post 2322109)

Already have and it varies between the area of the Killdeer starter shack and Ranchwood Terrace in Gilchrist. Called the shack and also went to some homes on Ranchwood Terrace and no luck so far

wsachs 04-16-2024 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 (Post 2322116)
Um! Isn't that what it is for? The tag, I mean.

Already have and it varies between the area of the Killdeer starter shack and Ranchwood Terrace in Gilchrist. Called the shack and also went to some homes on Ranchwood Terrace and no luck so far

wsachs 04-16-2024 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keefelane66 (Post 2322118)
True some buy stuff and don’t know how to use the item.

If you knew how the Air Tag worked you wouldn't make a foolish comment. I worked for Apple for 10 years and know perfectly well how it works. It doesn't broadcast a location unless someone has a bluetooth device/like a phone/ nearby. It will then give the approximate location. It's not a GPS device. The location in varies between the area of the Killdeer starter shack and Ranchwood Terrace in Gilchrist. Called the shack and also went to some homes on Ranchwood Terrace and no luck so far.

fdpaq0580 04-16-2024 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsachs (Post 2322126)
If you knew how the Air Tag worked you wouldn't make a foolish comment. I worked for Apple for 10 years and know perfectly well how it works. It doesn't broadcast a location unless someone has a bluetooth device/like a phone/ nearby. It will then give the approximate location. It's not a GPS device. The location in varies between the area of the Killdeer starter shack and Ranchwood Terrace in Gilchrist. Called the shack and also went to some homes on Ranchwood Terrace and no luck so far.

I don't know anything about these things, but if it is for locating something, but you can't zero in on it, what good is it?

Bill14564 04-16-2024 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wsachs (Post 2322123)

Right, but as you noted elsewhere, the reported location is the location of the iPhone device that saw it. If their phone saw it then yours should too. At that point, use the “Find Nearby” function to direct you right to the tag.

Papa_lecki 04-16-2024 03:25 PM

What was it attached to? Did you just have an air tag bounce out of your cart? If so, just write it off, remove it from your account.

dhdallas 04-16-2024 09:42 PM

Quote:

In the past few days I've lost my Apple Air Tag. It's small and white, about the size of a $.50 piece. Indicates that it's around Evans Prairie or Ranchwood Terrace in Gilchrist. I'm located in the Village of Hemingway.

I know it's not April Fools Day but how can you lose the gizmo that keeps you from losing what it is attached to? That is too funny.

aesachs 04-17-2024 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhdallas (Post 2322219)
I know it's not April Fools Day but how can you lose the gizmo that keeps you from losing what it is attached to? That is too funny.

So helpful

Stduno 04-17-2024 04:26 AM

This reads like a “lost” episode of Seinfeld.

seecapecod 04-17-2024 05:09 AM

Quote:

Drive over there and ping the tag- it will beep and you should be able to find it that way. That’s the point of finding whatever the tag is attached to- luggage, keys, etc.

Lyarham 04-17-2024 05:18 AM

Air tag

Quote:

You should be able to use your find my app to locate it