Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Cody's was disappointming, but is now REDEEMED -- maybe (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/codys-disappointming-but-now-redeemed-maybe-35363/)

JohnFromMaine 01-20-2011 01:25 PM

Cody's was disappointming, but is now REDEEMED -- maybe

Got a Cody's e-mail about the 1 LB bone-in NY Strip steak special for $13.98 and went to take advantage of it ... what a disappointment.

First off, it looked only remotely like the one in the e-mail ad and in the display card at the table. It was 1 1/4 inch thick at the bone end and 1/4 inch thin on the other end. I'd ordered it medium rare but the thin end was cooked medium and the bone end was nearly raw.
:cus:

I didn't feel like complaining to the waiter who, otherwise, did a great job. However, when I got home I decided to comment via Cody's website. Two days later I have heard nothing back. Is customer service a thing of the past?

Don't be taken in by their "specials" and head for Outback or Long Horn if you want a good steak.
:spoken:

bigalibaba 01-20-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnFromMaine;32***9
Got a Cody's e-mail about the 1 LB bone-in NY Strip steak special for $13.98 and went to take advantage of it ... what a disappointment.

First off, it looked only remotely like the one in the e-mail ad and in the display card at the table. It was 1 1/4 inch thick at the bone end and 1/4 inch thin on the other end. I'd ordered it medium rare but the thin end was cooked medium and the bone end was nearly raw.

I didn't feel like complaining to the waiter who, otherwise, did a great job. However, when I got home I decided to comment via Cody's website. Two days later I have heard nothing back. Is customer service a thing of the past?

Don't be taken in by their "specials" and head for Outback or Long Horn if you want a good steak.

Couldn't agree more. Think Cody's is about as bad as it gets!

under55 01-20-2011 04:44 PM

The place is FANTASTIC. Opinions are like ________________________

Bill-n-Brillo 01-20-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by under55 (Post 324372)
The place is FANTASTIC. Opinions are like ________________________

......."Everybody's got one!" :ohdear:

Bill :)

swrinfla 01-20-2011 06:14 PM

JohnfromMaine:

I can't comment specifically on a connection between Maine and The Villages . . . but . . .

having graduated from Bowdoin College eons ago, I'm interested in your Topsham-Brunswick connection!

SWR
:beer3:

Pturner 01-20-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Hi JohnFromMaine,
This is the first post of yours that I have seen, so welcome. Sorry for this hijack, but just have to say, your little note about being a Maine-iac is adorable. :)

Bonny 01-20-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but I think it is a shame that some one comes on here to say something bad about a restaurant, but didn't say anything when they are there & have such a bad experience. You say customer service, but you didn't even say anything & give them a chance. :mad:

golfnut 01-20-2011 10:39 PM

bonny, i agree, if someone doesn't take the time to discuss their issue with the manager, how can they expect resolution, and then to post on a website????? uncalled for IMO. i love Cody's, never had an issue they couldn't take care of....gn

Barefoot 01-20-2011 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigalibaba (Post 324346)
Couldn't agree more. Think Cody's is about as bad as it gets!

I feel the same way about Codys. I really miss "Up The Creek". Oh well .. Lots of peeps love Codys.

l2ridehd 01-21-2011 05:45 AM

Bonney and golfnut, I disagree. He said he went to their web site and e-mailed them. Waited two weeks and no reply. I think he gave them a chance to at least get back with some kind of answer. I also find Cody's not so good. I do not go there. Going directly to the manager when the problem occurs is the best solution, but also sending them an e-mail after the fact and waiting two weeks for some type of reply in today's cyber age should also work.

redwitch 01-21-2011 07:18 AM

I'm with l2. John was not unreasonable in sending his complaint to the website and giving them two weeks to respond. Some people don't like personal confrontations. John stated he was very satisfied with his server and there is always the possibility that the server will be blamed if a complaint is made. Sounds like he was trying to be considerate.

I've seen first-time posts that raised my suspicions and have spoken up when I thought they were bogus. This post has a very large ring of truth to it -- details as to the problem, why he didn't report it at the time and his dissatisfaction with no reply from Cody's heirarchy. The only thing I took exception to was the complaint that the special didn't look like the picture. Um, don't know about you, but I've never been served food that looks like the ads (except sushi) and have never expected my plate to look half as good as the picture at my table.

I've found Cody's to be hit or miss. Sometimes very good, sometimes almost inedible. I've finally given up and will only go there if someone else really wants to go there.

getdul981 01-21-2011 07:36 AM

I'm sorry folks, but I read 2 days not 2 weeks.

Bill-n-Brillo 01-21-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by getdul981 (Post 324492)
I'm sorry folks, but I read 2 days not 2 weeks.

Ditto. Still reads 2 days in the original post.

Bill

l2ridehd 01-21-2011 08:18 AM

Your right, two days. Probably should have allowed a few more days. Most sites respond with an acknowledgment that they received your inquiry within minutes, (automated) but usually takes 48 to 72 hours for someone to get back to you with an answer.

redwitch 01-21-2011 08:21 AM

Some of us can read better than others -- I'm in the "others" category (sorry). It does say 2 days. John may be a little impatient, but how hard is it to send an email acknowledging receipt and that the problem will be looked at ASAP? Seems like a small thing to do with a big return in PR. Regardless, Cody's dropped the ball and I still think John has legitimate complaints and it's not just a post to denigrate Cody's.