Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   Golf Swing Clinic - Waterfront Inn (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/golf-swing-clinic-waterfront-inn-35417/)

Golf-Tinker 01-22-2011 01:18 PM

Golf Swing Clinic - Waterfront Inn

Have you attended any of the "golf swing" clinics held at the Waterfront Inn? Or the recent "putting" clinic?

Interested in pros/cons. Worthwhile or just an another address/e-mail gathering exercise to push the pro's DVDs?

Thanks

Jim

dadspet 01-22-2011 01:36 PM

My Opinion > Its a joke! Forget it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golf-Tinker (Post 324890)
Have you attended any of the "golf swing" clinics held at the Waterfront Inn? Or the recent "putting" clinic?

Interested in pros/cons. Worthwhile or just an another address/e-mail gathering exercise to push the pro's DVDs?

Thanks

Jim

We attended the golf swing clinic last year and My opinion is "Forget it - its a joke". We walked in without a club and were told you don't really need one but if you have an iron you will kind of use it for few minutes where you are seated "if I remember". They will tell you to rotate your hips first and relax your arms. They try to sell you for a video taping session but think about it you will be at Waterfront inn. I seriously doubt if you will learn anything much.

bluedog103 01-22-2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dadspet (Post 324894)
We attended the golf swing clinic last year and My opinion is "Forget it - its a joke". We walked in without a club and were told you don't really need one but if you have an iron you will kind of use it for few minutes where you are seated "if I remember". They will tell you to rotate your hips first and relax your arms. They try to sell you for a video taping session but think about it you will be at Waterfront inn. I seriously doubt if you will learn anything much.

I went to this one also. I agree, it's a joke. Starts of very inexpensive and they guarantee it will help your game. As poster above stated, you pretty much rotate your hips and relax your arms and shoulders. Then they try to sell you a video and another session. In the next session I understand they video your swing and everyone watches video of everyone's swing. Then they try to sell you yet another session.
Save your money and take lessons from a good pro.

The Great Fumar 01-22-2011 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluedog103 (Post 325027)
I went to this one also. I agree, it's a joke. Starts of very inexpensive and they guarantee it will help your game. As poster above stated, you pretty much rotate your hips and relax your arms and shoulders. Then they try to sell you a video and another session. In the next session I understand they video your swing and everyone watches video of everyone's swing. Then they try to sell you yet another session.
Save your money and take lessons from a good pro.

I agree , I took the class last year . Save your money and go to a good pro.

fumar .....:sad:

Pturner 01-23-2011 08:09 PM

Hmmm. I think I'll just rotate my hips, relax my arms and shoulders and skip the sales pitch. :cool:

gego3650 01-30-2011 01:16 PM

Golf swing

I fell for it. A total joke.

kentucky blue 02-01-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 325267)
Hmmm. I think I'll just rotate my hips, relax my arms and shoulders:

Are we still talking about golf:confused::pepper2:;)

Golf-Tinker 02-01-2011 06:43 PM

Not The Only One

Gego and others:

Since they keep running ads in the Sun, I assume that many have been fooled. Too bad. Wish there were a way to help people save their money and time.