Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Uncle!!!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/uncle-35596/)

pklein9747 01-27-2011 12:06 PM

Uncle!!!!!

1 Attachment(s)
OMG...we got 18.9 inches of snow last night here in Northern NJ!!!! What is going on?? That's on top of the 24" from the blizzard one month ago, the 8" the second week of January and the 4" last week!!! We now have nowhere to put the snow when we go out and shovel. The piles of snow at the curb are 6-7 feet high!!! I've upload a picture taken out our front door for those of you who are already in TV and miss the beauty (?) of the snow. That's the top of our For Sale sign in the middle of our lawn. Guess we're not going to have any buyers any time soon :(:(

Tbugs 01-27-2011 12:11 PM

Great in The Villages

It might just be a mean streak in me, but I just start laughing when I hear of snowstorms back in Washington DC where I moved from. I laugh harder when I hear they happen during rush hour.:cold:

Well, got to get ready for my tee time.

Pturner 01-27-2011 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pklein9747 (Post 326255)
OMG...we got 18.9 inches of snow last night here in Northern NJ!!!! What is going on?? That's on top of the 24" from the blizzard one month ago, the 8" the second week of January and the 4" last week!!! We now have nowhere to put the snow when we go out and shovel. The piles of snow at the curb are 6-7 feet high!!! I've upload a picture taken out our front door for those of you who are already in TV and miss the beauty (?) of the snow. That's the top of our For Sale sign in the middle of our lawn. Guess we're not going to have any buyers any time soon :(:(

OMG is right. That's a lot of snow! I feel your pain.

Hmmm... maybe this is a conspiracy by Gary to sell more houses. :jester:

Kidding aside, stay warm. Hope your house sells this spring so you can enjoy next winter in TV! I'm sending a virtual hug.

2BNTV 01-27-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pklein9747 (Post 326255)

pklein9747:

I feel your pain. Same her in CT. A lot of homeowners complaining ther is no place to put all the snow. Pulling out of one's driveway is an adventure since you can't see past the snow being piled so high. :sad:

RichieLion 01-27-2011 12:43 PM

What town are you in pklein? I'm from Elmwood Park and your picture looks like it could be from there or one of the surrounding towns.

I'm so glad to be away from all the snow you've gotten. Hang in there and I hope you get to TV soon. (Hopefully b4 next winter)

taylor111947 01-27-2011 12:43 PM

We didn't get quite as much in the Philadelphia suburbs but my snow blower is broken, my lawn guy is not returning my calls and my neighbor who will shovel is out of town. My driveway is over 150' long so it's more than I can do by myself and the plow has plowed me in anyhow. Think I'll crawl back into bed until Spring.

alemorkam 01-27-2011 02:02 PM

And here I sit in the villages upset it is only going to get to about 65 degrees today.

Houndhouse 01-27-2011 02:40 PM

Feel your pain

We are in north Jersey also and have had enough. Listing our house next month and can't wait to get out of here and down there. Keep the light on for us we're coming !

2BNTV 01-27-2011 02:51 PM

pklein and houndhouse:

I hope 2011 is the year where we all can move to paradise so we can start shovelling sunshine.

My upstairs neighbor came out when I was leaving for work and shovelled out my parking spot. A bright glimpse to reaffirm that people are nice. It made my day.

Best of Luck with selling your homes.

pklein9747 01-27-2011 03:08 PM

Richie - we live in Bloomfield, not far from your OLD hometown

Houndhouse: good luck on selling. The market has been exceptionally slow but we're hoping it picks up soon.

2BNTV - Thanks for your good wishes. We hope to be in sunny and snowless TV soon! And, and yes, we have wonderful neighbors also. Our half of the block on both sides helped each other shovel out...it is amazing what you can accomplish when you work together!

alemorkam: to say I am jealous is an understatement, but I know we'll have our turn. I just hope it is soon!

Pturner 01-27-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houndhouse (Post 326308)
We are in north Jersey also and have had enough. Listing our house next month and can't wait to get out of here and down there. Keep the light on for us we're coming !

Hi Houndhouse,
Welcome to TOTV! We'll most assuredly keep the light on for you. Hope you get here soon.

LI SNOWBIRD 01-28-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Houndhouse (Post 326308)

As a neighbor (NYer) I feel for ya. We're snow birds and are in TV. Get down here NOW!
:agree: