Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Be careful out there!!! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/careful-out-there-35607/)

tpop1 01-27-2011 05:09 PM

Be careful out there!!!

It is the Season of Fear here in TV...... on the roads and cart paths!:police:

In the past few days I've seen:
  • Car in the cart lane for a few blocks....
  • Carts weaving left across the cart path line.....
  • Cars blowing into the round-abouts without slowing...
  • Walkers crossing traffic on Buena Vista (yes there was traffic)...

A few tips for those drivers who need guidance:
  • When taking a turn think Car or Cart...if Car stay out of the Cart lane and if Cart stay to the right of line....
  • Don't race me in the round-about so you can go left while I'm going straight...you will be the one that gets T-Boned right in the driver's door...
  • Walkers, cross the main roads via tunnels.

Live long & prosper!!!

_

ceejay 01-27-2011 05:16 PM

You forgot to add people speeding out of the tunnels and turning without looking both ways...we almost had a collision on the way home...never even turned his head! :ohdear: Look for our skid marks near "dead man's curve"!

Sherman931 01-28-2011 08:27 AM

And Good Luck to all those people who pass me in their souped up golf carts. My speed is fixed at 19MPH so Iknow when you fly by me you are illegal. Rememberthe carts have no seat belts, no airbags, no doors, no reinforced body frames. In an accident you are 100% sure to be ejected, which generally results in serious injury or death. As a former paramedic I have seen enough...so again, as you fly by me speeding to, God only knows what urgent event, Good Luck...you need it.

duffysmom 01-28-2011 12:15 PM

Last night some bozo passed me just prior to entering a tunnel. :boom:

jebartle 01-28-2011 01:53 PM

I'm sure you were not including

street legals, because they are legal and have seat belts...probably NOT going to come out on the winning side if hit by a car thou.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman931 (Post 326464)
And Good Luck to all those people who pass me in their souped up golf carts. My speed is fixed at 19MPH so Iknow when you fly by me you are illegal. Rememberthe carts have no seat belts, no airbags, no doors, no reinforced body frames. In an accident you are 100% sure to be ejected, which generally results in serious injury or death. As a former paramedic I have seen enough...so again, as you fly by me speeding to, God only knows what urgent event, Good Luck...you need it.

tkret 01-28-2011 02:26 PM

At the Morse/El Camino circle this morning, a golf car was waved across by a motorist only to be almost "creamed" by a second motorist in the other lane who didn't know the golf car was prompted to proceed. Motorists: DO NOT wave a golf car on at any time especially when there are two lanes of traffic.

JenAjd 01-28-2011 04:11 PM

Golf carts who seem to think they have the right of way and pull out in front of cars who are going thru the gates also are something to be reckoned with.

Then there's the cars who pull out in front of other cars *already* in the round abouts. That triangler sign means for the former car to do just that...YIELD!!!! I had to apply my brakes the other day so as not to cream such a car. Then it could have been a rear-ended kind of thing as there may have been vehicles coming behind.

With the "high season" here we ALL need to be on our toes whether driving a golf-cart OR a car.....nonetheless it always makes me nervous to venture out.

Talk Host 01-28-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkret (Post 326543)
At the Morse/El Camino circle this morning, a golf car was waved across by a motorist only to be almost "creamed" by a second motorist in the other lane who didn't know the golf car was prompted to proceed. Motorists: DO NOT wave a golf car on at any time especially when there are two lanes of traffic.

We can scream to high heaven about this and people will still do it. They apparently don't read Talk of The Villages.

BlueHeronFan 01-29-2011 06:53 AM

Time for police speed checks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sherman931 (Post 326464)

:BigApplause:

villages07 01-29-2011 07:49 AM

Yesterday at the Bonita gate, I saw two SUVs, apparently following each other, try to exit via the visitor's side entry gate. They couldn't figure out why the gate arm wouldn't open. Duh!!!

Feb 1st is Tuesday.... Be ready for a new round of renters finding their way around. The first few days of every month produce some of the wackiest driving.