Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Village Kitchen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/)
-   -   Pot Pies (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/village-kitchen-121/pot-pies-35715/)

Sparky-30 01-31-2011 03:30 PM

Pot Pies

We bought the new Southern Living magazine that shows the Pot Pie on the front cover. We just came back from the store buying all the items in the recipe, gonna give it a try tonight and let you know how they turned out.

In addition you can get real addicted to KFC's pot pie.:thumbup:

Bill McRoberts 01-31-2011 03:54 PM

Pleas let us know

Sparky-30 02-01-2011 08:29 AM

Well, we followed the directions explicitly, except it looked a little dry in the pan, instead of 1 can of broth, we put in two.

It turned out o.k., crust very good,..............but we decided it really wasnt that good, frozen pot pies and KFC we will return to.

graciegirl 02-04-2011 12:23 PM

Thank you for that recipe test.

I have never had a pot pie from the Colonel. We will have to get some!!

duffysmom 02-04-2011 03:20 PM

The chicken pot pies from Fresh Market are delicious. Lots of chicken.:clap2:

jebartle 02-04-2011 04:00 PM

Bob Evans

has the best pot pies....Yummm!:MOJE_whot::MOJE_whot:

diskman 02-04-2011 04:41 PM

caution LOTS OF SODIUM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 328263)
Thank you for that recipe test.

I have never had a pot pie from the Colonel. We will have to get some!!

lots of salt in those:rant-rave::sing:

Sparky-30 02-04-2011 05:53 PM

Well, you cant expect to live forever, KFC pot pies are the best!, enjoy life while you can

rp001 04-28-2012 05:15 PM

fresh market

Based on the advice here I tried that tonight..Loved it...A little bland but it makes it great for everyone and if you need salt(me) then I just add a little...

missypie 04-28-2012 05:28 PM

If you go to the Foodnetwork.com, you will find many pot pie recipes. I made the one that Ina Garten made and it was to die for. Instead of one big pot pie, I make small ones in my French Onion soup bowls. The extras get wrapped up tight for the freezer and then get pulled out and baked as desired.

So yummy.

lovsthosebigdogs 04-28-2012 06:50 PM

I love pot pies and grew up with my mom making many different kinds. Imagine my surprise when I moved to PA and had my first one here which turned out to be a big bowl of shredded chicken with big thick slippery noodles in it and no crust. (No disrespect meant to people of the region who love it.) I am NOT a fan of that kind and these people never heard of what we in the rest of the country call 'pot pie' made this way. I have learned to be wary when ordering in a restaurant or make them myself at home.

lanabanana73 04-28-2012 08:18 PM

Fake Chicken and Dumplings......

This is one of my "go to" recipes when I'm looking for comfort food.

2 cans Cr of Chicken soup
1 can chicken broth
1/4 C white wine
1 onion, minced
4-6 boneless chicken breasts
1 can Pillsbury biscuits

Poor stuff on chicken, cook on high for 3 hrs. Shred the chicken and add biscuits (cut in quarters) to the broth and cook an additional two hrs.

renielarson 04-28-2012 08:30 PM

The best pot pie is sold at Costco. So, if and when you go to Orlando, it's worth the membership fee for the pie. It's HUGE and will feed a crowd or will give you leftovers for days! Another reason to shop Costco is for the dungeness crab. It's the only place you can buy it (Thurs., Fri., and I think Sat., too) and it's better than King, Snow, or Blue. YUM-O!

asianthree 04-29-2012 07:47 AM

I use Paula Deens. make a big pot no crust yet, freeze it the the bowl I am going to bake it in take it out of container and keep in the freezer. Then when we want one take it out I make only the top crust of homemade or puff pasty and throw it in the oven. Perfect every time