Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Question about threads posted (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/question-about-threads-posted-35835/)

JenAjd 02-03-2011 10:24 PM

Question about threads posted

Have a question about posted threads. I'm curious what happens to the threads on here. For example I might come on in the late afternoon and there's a bunch of threads that are going. Maybe even 2 "pages" of them. Then I might come back later and there are just a few. Does one have to continually comment on a particular thread to make it viable for a length of time?

K9-Lovers 02-03-2011 11:17 PM

If you are clicking on "New Posts" when you come back later in the day, it will show you only the threads that have new comments on them, and hide the threads that were shown to you earlier, whether or not you opened them.

When this happens to me, instead of "New Posts" then I click on "Quick Links" and "Today's Posts" to look at the threads that I missed or didn't have time to read earlier.

Or, if you are interested in a specific category, say it is about Movies, then you can page down and click on "Talk of Movies" when you first open up TOTV.

Hope this helps and addresses your question. :o

jblum8156 02-04-2011 07:33 AM

Occasionally someone will post "bump" to keep a thread open longer.

pooh 02-04-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by K9-Lovers (Post 328173)
If you are clicking on "New Posts" when you come back later in the day, it will show you only the threads that have new comments on them, and hide the threads that were shown to you earlier, whether or not you opened them.

When this happens to me, instead of "New Posts" then I click on "Quick Links" and "Today's Posts" to look at the threads that I missed or didn't have time to read earlier.... :o

Thank you....I had actually never checked Quick Links....appreciate your answer. It makes browsing around here lots easier. I was using New Posts, too, and then searching various forums....your info is very helpful!

JenAjd 02-04-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pooh (Post 328273)
Thank you....I had actually never checked Quick Links....appreciate your answer. It makes browsing around here lots easier. I was using New Posts, too, and then searching various forums....your info is very helpful!

Ditto for me! Thanks for the info!!! I did know about "bump" but not the other!

mikeandnancy1112 02-04-2011 07:54 PM

Thanks from me too.

K9-Lovers 02-04-2011 11:22 PM

You are all very welcome! Glad it helped you.