Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   You know you've been in The Villages a while when... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/you-know-youve-been-villages-while-when-35879/)

Dirigo 02-05-2011 04:05 PM

You know you've been in The Villages a while when...

...you've seen a cart in a roundabout and a car on a cart path (both of which I saw last week). I tried to stop the car as I met it on the car path over by Mallory CC, but it didn't stop. She did pull back onto Odell Circle via the CC entrance.

(Please reply with your experiences...)

Taltarzac 02-05-2011 04:12 PM

Seen a dog successfully pee on Fumar's yard without becoming "fragrant meat" in a Chinese butchery. :icon_wink:

skyguy79 02-05-2011 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taltarzac (Post 328547)
Seen a dog successfully pee on Fumar's yard without becoming "fragrant meat" in a Chinese butchery. :icon_wink:

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/laughing/crying.gif

redwitch 02-05-2011 06:24 PM

Saw an SUV stuck in a tunnel. They had to deflate the tires to get it out. Gotta love folks who really think their vehicle will fit wherever they want to go.

Then there was my friend who went the wrong on the round-about. The worst of it was she traveled the circle twice before she could figure out how to exit (she was supposed to be following me).

skyguy79 02-05-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 328579)
Saw an SUV stuck in a tunnel. They had to deflate the tires to get it out. Gotta love folks who really think their vehicle will fit wherever they want to go.

Reminds me of the story of a truck driver that got stuck under a low rail road bridge. When the police came along and said to the driver... "Ya stuck under there?" the driver responded by saying "No, I was delivering this bridge when I ran out of gas!" :1rotfl:

Taltarzac 02-05-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 328579)

Then there was my friend who went the wrong on the round-about. The worst of it was she traveled the circle twice before she could figure out how to exit (she was supposed to be following me).

...have seen a truck as well as several cars backing out from the tunnel across CR466 to Southern Trace Shopping Center. A dump truck had fallen over going too fast around the Tall Trees roundabout. There have also been a number of vehicles stopping in the middle of the roundabout for no good reason. A good reason would be an accident in the roundabout. In that event, you would have to wait your turn to go around the vehicles involved in the accident. This also happened to me.

Cars and trucks going the wrog way in the roundabouts is a fortunately rare occurrence but one I have seen a few times a year here in TV. Pedestrians in the roundsbouts is also a even rarer occurrence but one I have also seen. This is not counting groundskeepers.

2newyorkers 02-05-2011 07:34 PM

On a beautiful, sunny 65 degree day you have seen a walker wearing a ski jacket and hat and gloves. The ski poles were the bonus!

pooh 02-05-2011 08:03 PM

As 2newyorkers said, on days in the high 60's or even low 70's, you might see the "natives" in coats or sweatshirts when those who don't live here full time, will be in shorts and flipflops!

Bill-n-Brillo 02-05-2011 09:08 PM

....when someone blocks your golf cart in a parking space with their cart. I just knew I shouldn't have pulled so far forward into that space!!! :a20: And the blocker wasn't using a rental - their cart had the look of belonging to someone who'd been in TV for a while. Plenty of other places really close by for them to have parked as well. Such is life!! :)

Given their apparent lack of intellect for realizing we'd be blocked in, he/she was probably rather mystified as to why their cart was parked parallel clear at the head of the parking space when they returned...............

Bill

alemorkam 02-05-2011 09:20 PM

You wake up in the morning and wonder what to do.

downeaster 02-05-2011 10:09 PM

You know you've been in The Villages a while when...

you know "hand and foot" has nothing to do with fingers and toes.

gary42651 02-05-2011 10:24 PM

you don`t know what day it is (everyday is saturday) or what the date is, and don`t care

KARENNN 02-05-2011 10:36 PM

When you start eating dinner at 4PM because you are actually hungery, not just because that's the only time you can get a table at the country club. :icon_hungry:

Army Guy 02-06-2011 07:41 AM

You know that "Happy Hour" just about anywhere in TV is way more then an hour!

Army Guy

graciegirl 02-06-2011 09:37 AM

You have been in The Villages for awhile when....

When you see a persons name on TOTV, you kinda know what attitude they have.