Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Kueruig brewer users?? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/kueruig-brewer-users-35901/)

meridana 02-06-2011 01:24 PM

Kueruig brewer users??

Are there many of us that use this wonderful brewer??
I have had 5 of these units and they all develop the same problem. They do not dispense a full cup.
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?:cus:

ladydoc 02-06-2011 01:32 PM

I don't know what model you have, but ours lets you select from 3 cup sizes. Have you been using the large cup button? If you have a really large mug even the large button won't fill it all the way. I have to do a large cup and then a small cup to fill my mug. I use the same Kcup for both. FYI Amazon.com sells a wonderful little thingie that lets you fill it with your own coffee. It is much better then the one that comes with the machine. Also, every Friday at the Amazon Friday Sale they have fabulous prices on the K cups.
I had to call Keurig once with a cleaning question and they were very helpful. Have you discussed your problem with their customer service department.

getdul981 02-06-2011 02:11 PM

I don't use the Kueruig coffee maker, but I do use a Cuisinart. Whenever it gets to the point that it won't comletely empty the water reservoir, I know it needs cleaning. Does the Kueruig have a way of cleaning the pumping mechanism? If so, you may need to run some vinegar and water through it.

silvertoken 02-06-2011 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladydoc (Post 328775)
I don't know what model you have, but ours lets you select from 3 cup sizes. Have you been using the large cup button? If you have a really large mug even the large button won't fill it all the way. I have to do a large cup and then a small cup to fill my mug. I use the same Kcup for both. FYI Amazon.com sells a wonderful little thingie that lets you fill it with your own coffee. It is much better then the one that comes with the machine. Also, every Friday at the Amazon Friday Sale they have fabulous prices on the K cups.
I had to call Keurig once with a cleaning question and they were very helpful. Have you discussed your problem with their customer service department.

Yes I have and know exactly what youre talking about. I also switch to the Cuisinart and returned it after a few months due to the pc board failure. They now make MR Coffee (Kuerig)that is cheaper. Due to the water you need to clean the Kuerig Coffee maker with at least 2 bottles of white vinegar, due to deposits left behind from the water. The best thing to do is use the cleanest water possible. 4 Kuerigs, 1 Cuisinart, 1 Mr Coffee(Kuerig) later I have become a professional.chilout

ladydoc 02-06-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silvertoken (Post 328798)
Yes I have and know exactly what youre talking about. I also switch to the Cuisinart and returned it after a few months due to the pc board failure. They now make MR Coffee (Kuerig)that is cheaper. Due to the water you need to clean the Kuerig Coffee maker with at least 2 bottles of white vinegar, due to deposits left behind from the water. The best thing to do is use the cleanest water possible. 4 Kuerigs, 1 Cuisinart, 1 Mr Coffee(Kuerig) later I have become a professional.chilout

Thank you for the warning about the water. We have a water softener for our well water and it does a pretty good job. Maybe we will need to install one in the new house in TV. Hubby and I both love the keurig...those holiday special coffees are incredible. I have the gingerbread and the spicy eggnog and loved them both.

billethkid 02-06-2011 06:08 PM

If you make hot chocolat in it their customer service

recommends running a clear cup after EACH time you run the hot choclate. It tends to clog the openings.

When my machine was dispensing less than a cup I called their customer service number . They walked me through measuring with a measuring cup how many ounces was being dispensed for each size. They then had me go to the tea cup setting....it shows a cup and saucer...then repeat 4 times in a row, one at a time, opening the the the receptacle for the coffee insert each time. That did in fact re-calibrate my machine and all sizes were then dispensing the proper amount.

If you use the wire basket that allows one to use their own coffee you will find that the machine runs much slower than with a K-cup.

If the re-calibrate does not work call their customer service number and they will be more than helpful in assisting you in solving the problem.

The number is 1-866-901-2739.

btk

TommyT 02-06-2011 07:26 PM

Yes and had the same issue, but fixed it.

I found the water tank had an air pocket in the bottom after filling. What I did was fill the tank, then run my finger under the tank and purge the air from the water valve. This is what I did and it fixed my issue. Hope it helps

Pturner 02-06-2011 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meridana (Post 328771)
Are there many of us that use this wonderful brewer??
I have had 5 of these units and they all develop the same problem. They do not dispense a full cup.
Has anyone found a solution to this problem?:cus:

Hi Meridana,
I love my Kuerig. It's the only gadget I've got that I love as much as my Kindle. (In fact, one infinitely enhances the other. :) )

Well, I recently had this problem. I've had it a few years, so it was not in warranty. I called Keurig to see if they might be able to help me trouble shoot.

They did one better. First they tried to help me trouble-shoot. When it didn't work, they offered to send me a replacement. Sure enough, two days later, I received a brand new one. They even sent me a package of coffee for my trouble.

I'm a Kuerig for life!

Sherman931 02-07-2011 09:45 AM

How about sources for the best bargains for coffee.

billethkid 02-07-2011 09:54 AM

Sherman931, unless you are one that likes a lot of variety

the wire basket or "My Keurig" allows one to use their own coffee. That is what I do. I drink Decaf and k-cups just do not promote or have very much available so I use my good old Maxwell house-full strength brew.
My wife likes the variety and tries every flavor invented by man!

btk

BOMBERO 02-07-2011 10:18 AM

On line I use -

http://www.coffeegiant.com/

Around here - Sam's Club - 80 count "Donut House" light roast about $33 and change + tax.

logdog 02-07-2011 05:44 PM

We get our k-cups using the subscription service at Amazon. Great variety, 15% discount, no tax and free shipping. You can modify or cancel at any time. Average price is about 45 cents per cup.

We also go to Bed, Bath, Beyond and pick up a couple of boxes when we get the $5 off coupon. Price is under 42 cents per cup and it's near 5 Guys.

DSugar 02-07-2011 10:00 PM

Yes, you need to descale...you can call Keurig and they will tell you how...it needs to be de-scaled alot more than they suggest!

Pturner 02-07-2011 10:18 PM

I also use Amazon's subscription service. You select the quantity you want delivered and the frequency. For example, you can choose to have one box delivered every month or every other month. They let you know when it's about to ship in case you want to modify or cancel the next delivery. You get a good discount, no tax and free shipping.

The Keurig does need to be descaled a minimum of every six months, more depending on how often you use it and the quality of your water. I use filtered water and descale every 3-4 months. If it starts getting slow to start pouring, it's time to descale.

Sherman931 02-08-2011 08:22 AM

Here is a link to the Keurig website for de-scaling instructions:

http://www.keurig.com/customer-servi...138325BBF.ashx