Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   reality sets in! (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/reality-sets-35905/)

laryb 02-06-2011 03:32 PM

reality sets in!

Reality has hit us right between the eyes. We built a home in Buttonwood this June with the intention of putting the Mass. house up for sale this spring when the wife can retire, and moving down full time when it sold. Told the realtor that we weren't going to start showing it until next weekend. While picking up the mail yesterday, stopped and talked to a neighbor and he asked when I was moving. I told him that the house wasn't on the market yet, but the minute we closed I would have the engine running and would start driving south. Well, why we talked, a truck pulls up and asks where an address was, and hey, that's my house! He said that he was there to put up a for sale sign. That's when it really struck me, we're selling my house!:22yikes: I didn't tell my wife, so when she got home from work she saw the sign and was shocked too. Then when our kids found out, they were upset more than shocked. After the shock wore off, we were starting to get excited because after all, this is what we've been dreaming of for 4 years now. Now, will it be days, months, or years before it sells, who knows? I do know that the minute it sells, we'll call the kids first, and then it gets posted on TOTV! We can't wait to get there, but I guess we'll have to. :ohdear:

graciegirl 02-06-2011 03:39 PM

Good luck. I hope it sells quickly!:coolsmiley:

Shimpy 02-06-2011 03:47 PM

Looking forward to reading your "SOLD" post.

Bill-n-Brillo 02-06-2011 04:00 PM

Price it right and it should sell! Go laryb!!

Bill

obxgal 02-06-2011 04:09 PM

Wonderful news and I hope it sells real quick so you can get down here before anymore snow falls.

skip0358 02-06-2011 04:12 PM

Good luck

Price it right, declutter, tell your buyers the good points, newer appliances,roof etc. and any ext. warrantees that can be transferred. Worked very quick for us ,hope your as lucky.

pooh 02-06-2011 04:13 PM

Congratulations on taking your next step towards becoming a FROG!
Yup, it's a shocker to see that sign in your yard. You'll be exhausted....keeping the house in showcase condition doesn't make living in it all that easy... ;) so you won't even think much of the sign as soon as the showings begin!

Here's to a quick sale and a safe trip HOME! :BigApplause::BigApplause:

nkrifats 02-06-2011 04:19 PM

Price it right, and it will move. We was on the market here in RI for 3 months. Closing is on Feb. 28th. We rent it back until July 1 and then full time in the villages. Just have to have right price for the right party to come through and you are a winner! Best of Luck.

jebartle 02-06-2011 04:45 PM

My crystal ball tells me....

Carnak says "it will be sold within a month"....grab your speedo and head for the most wonderful people and place on earth!

LI SNOWBIRD 02-06-2011 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jebartle (Post 328844)
Carnak says "it will be sold within a month"....grab your speedo and head for the most wonderful people and place on earth!

Glad to hear you are further on the path to becoming a villager! Please post a picture of the sold sign. Looking forward to having you here.

chuckinca 02-06-2011 05:45 PM

Sold our house in SF Bay Area 18 months ago in four days - we were not looking forward to months and months of open houses, showings and all that goes with trying to squeeze out the last dime in a housing sale.

raynan 02-06-2011 05:54 PM

We know what you're going through and it will be even tougher with all the snow but if you price it right (listen to your realtor) it will sell. We sold our house in Attleboro MA in 2 hours.....1st open house, no advertising, just 8 prequalified buyers invited to see it, 2 offers, one full price and one over. Good luck to you. We have been here 5 mos. now and it still feels like we're on vacation. We're in Pennecamp with great neighbors who have become dear friends and having great fun. You'll be here before you know it.

2newyorkers 02-06-2011 05:59 PM

Just think... no more shoveling snow!

K9-Lovers 02-06-2011 06:32 PM

:wave:

For Sale sign in the yard.
Shouldn’t be very hard.
Your house is just the best,
Far above all the rest.

The Open House will go well.
A hot prospect will come: sell, sell sell!
To The Villages you'll move,
We'll get you in the groove.

When that prospect comes back,
Quickly begin to pack.
You’ll soon be moving out
Without a single doubt!!

:024: K9

mulligan 02-06-2011 07:10 PM

hEY LARRY Interesting timing!! I,m talking to agents this week, in hopes of listing my home by next weekend. Sound's like we,ll get to paradise about the same time.