Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Political talk (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/)
-   -   Tea Party racist remarks (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-political-talk-88/tea-party-racist-remarks-35914/)

Guest 02-06-2011 11:31 PM

Tea Party racist remarks

I know that I should not say that Tea Party members are racists - BUT yesterday, I went to the Rotary Club Chili Contest at Spanish Springs and did stop at the information table of the Tea Party. I stopped to actually get information - and not to cause trouble. That is 100% honest.

The lady I spoke with was a personable individual. We had some things in common like she came from the same area of Washington DC 'burbs as I do. This woman said, after giving me some pamphlets on religious freedom and tolerance, that the Washington suburbs are now "like Africa and we have an African in the White House". She went on to say there are too many Muslims and Africans in the area and she is glad that she owns a gun.

Is this representative of a party of inclusion? I am being 100% honest about the conversation - as well as her husband trying to keep her quiet.

Guest 02-07-2011 12:33 AM

apology

as a Tea Party supporter and one who gave out information at the chilli cookoff in lake sumter landing, i apologize for this lady's choice of words..she is only one person and is entitled to her own opinions but is certainly not representative of everyone in the movement...what is true of everyone i have met is that we all care deeply about our country and are working hard to see that it moves in the direction we believe is best and truest to our values and constitution. it is unfortunate that of all the topics this lady could have discussed, she got off on that tangent...she apparently believes our president was born in kenya, which has not been disproved to the satisfaction of many. the growing muslim presence in our country is a matter of legitimate concern to anyone knowledgeable about radical islam...these topics do not have to be considered racist when taken in context of current issues, but the manner in which they are discussed certainly needs to be serious and respectful.

Guest 02-07-2011 07:31 AM

Substitute "Irish" for "Africans" and "Catholics" for "Muslim" in that conversation and it'll be like stepping back in time 100 years.

Guest 02-07-2011 07:38 AM

Why in the world would they post HER at the information table. Surely they knew her views.

Guest 02-07-2011 07:43 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 328940)
I know that I should not say that Tea Party members are racists - BUT yesterday, I went to the Rotary Club Chili Contest at Spanish Springs and did stop at the information table of the Tea Party. I stopped to actually get information - and not to cause trouble. That is 100% honest.

The lady I spoke with was a personable individual. We had some things in common like she came from the same area of Washington DC 'burbs as I do. This woman said, after giving me some pamphlets on religious freedom and tolerance, that the Washington suburbs are now "like Africa and we have an African in the White House". She went on to say there are too many Muslims and Africans in the area and she is glad that she owns a gun.

Is this representative of a party of inclusion? I am being 100% honest about the conversation - as well as her husband trying to keep her quiet.

I would like to have comments from Bucco, Billy, and JimJoe about this incident. I also wrote an email to the Tri-County Tea Party about the incident and plan to write a letter to the editor of the Daily Sun and Orlando Sentinel. This woman's comments really disgusted me.

Not sure why your attemtp to stir as always would include my name, as you have NEVER heard me offer support of any kind of the Tea Party, except in principle.

Having said that...if one person at the table at The Villages represents to you the entire Tea Party movement, then you have a more serious problem than suspected.

Which left wing or Democrat personna would you like me to choose to represent your leanings and call that movement a racist ?

You have a very serious problem with hate of anything and anybody who does not totally and completely agree with you and what is scary you have no problem with manifesting it.

As for disgusting, most of your posts on here disgust me.

There is not defense for bigotry on any level at any place...this post is typical of you however and not surprising

Guest 02-07-2011 08:00 AM

Biden's comment on Obama, a Democrat as usual playing the race card

I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy," Biden said. "I mean, that's a storybook, man."

Here is now the Vice President of the US saying things like this and he gets a pass

Guest 02-07-2011 09:59 AM

One point does not make a curve!!!

We always are impressed by the minority representation in or of anything!

btk

Guest 02-07-2011 11:53 AM

Every group does have those in it that are not indicators of the entire group. The Tea Party certainly does have some valid points to it that I agree with - as well as some that I do not agree with. I am not going to condemn the Tea Party for the personal viewpoint of some of their members. I am disgusted, though, with racist remarks and I hope everyone else who reads this forum agrees that racism in the US should not be tolerated.

Guest 02-07-2011 04:10 PM

Tea Party

African, Irish ,Catholic Muslim some good some bad. Obama will always be considered "African" because he never has acknowledged his love for America, never. I am not a birther but you can't ignore the fact that he refuses to be more transparent about his birth place and his educational documents????? And so he leaves himself wide open.

In my hometown in Minnesota the large Somali community is wreaking havoc in business and on the streets. A fair number have been caught on their way to Al Qeada training camps. They are pushing hard to replace American jurisprudence with Sharia law, In fact demanding it The 20th terrorist who was to be involved in 9/11 was completing his pilot training in Minneapolis In that context I can understand, but not agree with this tea party member's laments. She is frightened and has a right to be. This country of ours is in a very deep idealogical struggle. The great melting pot is melting right before our eyes . I am not a tea party member but strongly support their movement because it is right and just.

Guest 02-07-2011 05:02 PM

Speaking of, how about another friendly rally from our friends on the left. Isn't it interesting that you would NEVER see this reported by the mainstream media. Wonder what would happen if this was a tea party rally? Hum...

Warning. Some strong language.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3ctO7fdrcc[/ame]

Guest 02-09-2011 06:13 PM

dk

The facts are that this is a world wide discussion. At the annual Munich Security Conference devoted to foreign policy and defense PM David Cameron denounced multiculturalism placing the subject at the center of the Western security agenda (WSJ circa 2/9/11). We need factual and civil discourse about this issue which poltical correctness has prevented in the past. People of all faiths and races welcome ths dialogue knowing that in each segment of a society there are a few offenders which has nothing to do with race color or creed. David Cameron's statement was intended to address home-grown terrorist. This is a good thing as we need to embrace the reality of this changing world and effectively deal with it. I am afraid my friends on the left keeping tipping over their PC and get past it. But then that is my opinion and I could be wrong.

Guest 02-09-2011 06:34 PM

I do wonder why no one ever asked to see Bush,Clinton,Bush,Reagan,Carter birth certificates. What is the difference between them and Pres. Obama? Just asking.

Guest 02-09-2011 08:39 PM

They were born in the USA?

Guest 02-10-2011 12:15 AM

very astute..

dklassen, your reply has given me a very rare laugh on this forum...well done!

Guest 02-10-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Posted by Guest (Post 329681)
They were born in the USA?

Yeah a big difference :BigApplause::BigApplause: