Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   What did you think of the Super Bowl half time show? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/what-did-you-think-super-bowl-half-time-show-35941/)

dadspet 02-07-2011 08:46 PM

What did you think of the Super Bowl half time show?

We watched the half time show and thought it was the worst half time show we ever saw? I can't believe they even called it entertainment. I will never ever buy a Six eye peas (I think that was their name) CD. I might be showing my age here - what do others think?

redwitch 02-07-2011 08:59 PM

I LOVE the Black-Eyed Peas, with or without Fergie. That being said, it was one of the most boring Super Bowl half-time shows I've ever watched. I've seen this act on several programs in the past year. I couldn't believe they couldn't come up with somethng new for the Super Bowl. Slash is a great guitarist, but you could barely hear him. Usher was indecipherable, which is rather strange because the man can sing and does enunciate. To say the the sound system was working poorly would be a gross understatement and, on top of that, the cameras were really targeting the wrong thing. It would have been much better with less close-up shots and more of a view as if we were actually in seats.

So, from someone who is a fan of all three of the main performers, I totally agree with you -- it was a boring show that was poorly done. It time for the Super Bowl to get over Jackson/Timberlake fiasco and start getting name acts and letting them do their stuff the way it is meant to be done. (As much as I LOVE Springsteen and really, really like Petty, they are getting a bit long in the tooth for a Super Bowl.)

But the commercials were GREAT!

Hawkwind 02-07-2011 09:05 PM

I think the NFL really blew the half time show this year. No need for the mega production numbers, fireworks and all the other Hollywood junk that goes with it. All they needed was one maybe two flat bed traliers with some sound equipment and let that little ol' band from Texas, ZZTop do their thing. Now that would be a Texas half time show worth seeing. Dusty, Frank and Billy would have brought the house down.

Freeda 02-07-2011 09:52 PM

I loved it; yes, these entertainers have done better performances, and the sound system needed improvement, but I preferred this music over the entertainers of the past few superbowls; and loved the synchronized dancers.

JenAjd 02-07-2011 10:48 PM

Well....the lights were pretty!! I felt you couldn't hear the singers or instrumentalists too well! Just alot of pazzazz is what it was! A pricey waste. The comment made at our party was...think of all the hungry kids that money would have taken care of!!

paulandjean 02-08-2011 08:06 AM

super bowl

Love the Detroit Promo,very well done

ladylake1 02-08-2011 08:17 AM

Loved the synchronized lights as well but BEP's weren't at their best and sound system was poor. Appearance of Slash was a surprise!!

Army Guy 02-08-2011 08:21 AM

Honestly? Thought even Prince did way better several years, so that should sum it up!

Army Guy

graciegirl 02-08-2011 08:38 AM

I didn't see it. I was shopping.

getdul981 02-08-2011 08:49 AM

You didn't miss anything Gracie. It's hard for me to imagine how anyone could have called that entertainment.

tudacee 02-08-2011 12:55 PM

As a fan of the Black-eyed Peas, I've seen them do better, but I think that was due to technical difficulties...otherwise they put on a good show.

Bill-n-Brillo 02-08-2011 01:33 PM

The NFL should have scaled the entire production back a notch.........and then taken the money saved and split it up across all the ticket holders who got hosed in the "unapproved temporary seating" fiasco!! :thumbup:

Bill

2BNTV 02-08-2011 02:03 PM

IMHO - Not worth watching. A good time to go to the frig and have a snack.

Vinny 02-08-2011 02:12 PM

I too like all the performers and buy their albums but the sound system was horrible and the show was, well, not much of a show. Seen that and bought the T-shirt. Halfway through I was praying for a wardrobe malfunction and did not care whose it was. :)

And yes you are showing your age but still the show was bad.

chacam 02-08-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkwind (Post 329224)
I think the NFL really blew the half time show this year. No need for the mega production numbers, fireworks and all the other Hollywood junk that goes with it. All they needed was one maybe two flat bed traliers with some sound equipment and let that little ol' band from Texas, ZZTop do their thing. Now that would be a Texas half time show worth seeing. Dusty, Frank and Billy would have brought the house down.

:agree::agree::agree::coolsmiley: