Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Need help - test Comcast Tennis Channel (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/need-help-test-comcast-tennis-channel-36018/)

villages07 02-10-2011 07:30 PM

Need help - test Comcast Tennis Channel

Anyone out there have Comcast Sports Pack (non-HD)?

If so, could you check out channel 737, The Tennis Channel, and tell me if you get a picture.

Mine has been dark for at least two days but all other digital starter/sports channels seem fine.

I called Comcast and they tried resetting the box but no luck. Tech is coming out tomorrow pm but I'm curious whether it's just me or a more systemic problem.

Thanks!!!

tpop1 02-10-2011 09:25 PM

Mine too

I checked and mine is blank screen also.

Info indicates South Aferiacan Open is suppossed to be on.

villages07 02-10-2011 09:47 PM

Tpop, Thanks for taking the time to check it out. I suspected it was more than just me...seems a waste to send a tech out. Guess I will go back into Comcast phone system hell in the morning and get them to look at it from their end.

Good thing it's not a major tournament week... Mr 07 would not be happy!

villages07 02-11-2011 09:38 AM

Signal was still black this morning. Called Comcast, and, after 20 minutes of going through useless rituals, the tech spoke to a supervisor who indicated there were national/systemic issues with this channel.

For now, it is back online. But, we have had picture quality issues on the tennis channel for the past month.... often, when the news crawler goes along the bottom, the bottom half of the picture starts flashing/strobing. Very annoying. Perhaps this is what they are trying to fix. Oh well, occasional strobing picture is better than none at all.

tpop1 02-11-2011 10:58 AM

No problem....

Quote:

Originally Posted by villages07 (Post 329967)
Tpop, Thanks for taking the time to check it out.

...1st time I've been on that channel ...probably the last???:throwtomatoes::BigApplause:

Glad you have it back for your viewing enjoyment.

FoPAA 02-11-2011 05:18 PM

FWIW up here in Ohio (Time Warner) TTC comes in just fine, I'm not aware of any problems, so I'm not so sure about national problems with this channel.

villages07 02-11-2011 05:31 PM

Thanks, FOP..... I think it's a national Comcast/TTC problem; glad to hear Time Warner is OK.

John_W 02-12-2011 04:19 PM

Here in Maryland I switched from Comcast to Directv in 2008, but I remember paying $5 extra a month for that sport tier and they weren't even in HD, and I've had an HD set since 2005.

With Directv, all the sports channels are included in the basic packages and are in HD. They are located together on channels 206-218; NFL Network, Golf Channel, Tennis Channel, MLB, NHL, NBA, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPNU.

If you're a sports fan, satellite is the way to go. Installation is usually free.