Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Cable & Internet (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/cable-internet-36069/)

bucky 02-12-2011 09:19 PM

Cable & Internet

We just recently purchsed in TV and subscribed to Comcast for cable TV who the previous owner referred. We now need to add internet.

Before I just add that with them I'd like to find out who else servcies TV for cable & internet (and maybe phone). A neighbor told me they use Embarq.

Can you please share with me other companies that provide these services (not dish pls) and some ball park rates if you'd like? Any bad experiences with one?

Thx!

renrod 02-12-2011 10:05 PM

Century Link also provides the services

We also just closed on a home here. I called Comcast and after an hour talking to someone who didn't know what they were doing, never mind their bad English and etc, I told them to forget it. I went to Century Link in Rolling Acres Plaza. Ordered DirecTV, and internet service (no land line). The people there were very nice and helpful. Scheduled for installation Monday.

Mikeod 02-13-2011 09:33 AM

Try visiting the Comcast office on 441 across from Walmart. They were very helpful there when changing/upgrading service. When you call the 800 number you don't know where the person you are speaking to is located. Sometimes they don't know exactly what is available in your area. When Comcast was rolling out their phone service, the people at the 800 number said it wasn't available, but the local people knew the correct answer and timetable for availability.

I've had Comcast for internet almost 5 years without problems.

jebartle 02-13-2011 11:45 AM

We have Comcast triple-play

After contract ran out, cost changed approx. $20, called comcast, said I was looking at other companies, they immediately changed rate back to original....I prefer comcast because we have several TV's and when you get a dish, you need to get a receiver for every other TV, also you are not free to watch different programing.....Cost with cable, landline (unlimited) and internet service, taxes and all, is $134.....Which is a bargain compared to our phone and cable bill in NC, which was close to $500 mo.

skyguy79 02-13-2011 12:53 PM

It was about 3 weeks ago that we were scheduled to have our Comcast TV & Internet installed. We were scheduled for between 8-12AM. After 4PM and no show I called Comcast to complain about the no show.

Fortunately, with numerous numbers you can call and with some being an exercise in futility, I managed to get and call the right number. They gave me to a supervisor who told me that somehow the appointment never got onto the schedule and she would try and see if they could get someone there ASAP.

Fortunately they found someone who was just finishing up their last appointment for the day and he relunctantly agreed to take on our installation before heading home. I say relunctantly because he was afraid I would I would give him grief when he got here. When he did get here, 5 hours after the appointed time, I told him what was said and laughingly told him to tell his supervisor that I did gave him hell for the mess up. I also gave him a decent tip for taking on the additional work.

BTW, Comcast offers a $20 credit if they fail to make their appointment on time. Without even asking they indicated, when I was complaining that they would give me that credit. Since that installation, we've had no problems with the service what-so-ever.

Happinow 05-19-2012 09:25 PM

Brighthouse Cable is great!

I know I mentioned Bright House Cable before but we are very impressed with their service. they are very customer friendly and are willing to help you with any problems you may have. We needed help programming the TVs with a new set up and they were very responsive and had an opening to assist us the same day. They call you immediately after your service call to ask how the technician did so they are making sure their service is of high quality. They said, upon leaving our home, if we had any more questions not to hesitate to call. We believed them and are glad we are using their service.