Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Hope I made good decision... (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/hope-i-made-good-decision-36073/)

swimdawg 02-13-2011 08:00 AM

Hope I made good decision...

I've been interested in TV for years mostly via internet & thought it would be the place for me. I don't know a person there...and before last month, had never visited. I'm an active person...swim 1/2 mile every morning, love walking the dog, line dancing, etc. On Dec 1, I went swimming and it was raining. When I left the Aquatic Center, it was snowing. I came home....called my Financial Advisor.....and told him I've had it with the snow.....I'm ready to look at TV. Bottom line...on 1/23 I arrived at TV and put a down payment on a lot on 1/24!!! It makes me nervous writing that! However, it was a lot on a lake and I knew it would be scarfed up before a day went by....& sure enough, the lots were all sold in no time. My BIGGEST disappointment is that there is no inside pool in TV. It was almost enough to make me think a Del Webb Community might be better for me. Are there any plans to build an inside pool? What do swimmers do when the weather is not good?

l2ridehd 02-13-2011 08:09 AM

Maybe that's why all the outside pools are heated to 82 degrees year around. And I do believe there is one indoor lap pool at one of the rec centers. Never used it, so don't know where. I am sure someone on here knows.

ajbrown 02-13-2011 08:23 AM

A neighbor of mine swims daily with his buddy and they both wear a wet suit when it is really cold. It may be a "dry" suit, I know nothing of such technology but know they periodically wear something to stay warmer.

LI SNOWBIRD 02-13-2011 09:58 AM

gonna be a Villager

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimdawg (Post 330421)
I've been interested in TV for years mostly via internet & thought it would be the place for me. I don't know a person there...and before last month, had never visited. I'm an active person...swim 1/2 mile every morning, love walking the dog, line dancing, etc. On Dec 1, I went swimming and it was raining. When I left the Aquatic Center, it was snowing. I came home....called my Financial Advisor.....and told him I've had it with the snow.....I'm ready to look at TV. Bottom line...on 1/23 I arrived at TV and put a down payment on a lot on 1/24!!! It makes me nervous writing that! However, it was a lot on a lake and I knew it would be scarfed up before a day went by....& sure enough, the lots were all sold in no time. My BIGGEST disappointment is that there is no inside pool in TV. It was almost enough to make me think a Del Webb Community might be better for me. Are there any plans to build an inside pool? What do swimmers do when the weather is not good?

I'm so happy for you making a down payment for your slice of paradise. Please keep us informed about the progress and with any questions.
:welcome:

Russ_Boston 02-13-2011 11:41 AM

We'd have to have many, many indoor pools to fill the demand. Everyone would go there when the weather was iffy. The only indoor pool is at some physical rehab location. I know it's been mentioned before.

If that is your MAIN concern then perhaps a community that provided that would be best for you. You'd hate to bemoan the decision every time the outdoor pool was not good enough.

redwitch 02-13-2011 12:14 PM

I don't know if you made a good decision, time will tell on that one, but you most definitely made a decision that can't go wrong. If you discover that an indoor pool is truly important to you, it won't be that hard to sell your home in TV. So, regardless of the ultimate outcome, you can't go wrong.

In the meantime, welcome to TV and TOTV. Hope you learn to love it here as much as most of us do.

batman911 02-13-2011 02:38 PM

There is a community a short drive from TV called Terra Vista at Citrus Hills that has a very large indoor poor in their outstanding recreation center. It is Olympic size. They have a website:

http://www.citrushills.com/bellavita.asp

It's not TV but they have great recreation facilities.

swimdawg 02-13-2011 06:21 PM

No indoor pool in TV

Thanks. I think there's plenty in TV to keep me active and skip a swim now and then.

graciegirl 02-13-2011 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swimdawg (Post 330578)
Thanks. I think there's plenty in TV to keep me active and skip a swim now and then.

Welcome. I certainly don't want you to be disappointed. I hope you love this place like we do.

Mudder 02-13-2011 07:11 PM

There are very few days here when one can't swim. All the lap pools have showers where you can get warmed up. Pools are very comfortable for lap swimming at all times, yes, sometimes the air is a bit cold when you get out. The Villages has a wonderful swim team that trains all the time. I feel this is a swimmers paradise......a golf paradise.....a pickleball paradise.....a tennis paradise......an everything paradise ! Hurry on down !

swimdawg 02-13-2011 07:19 PM

Moving to TV

Bring it on! Thank you for your support.