Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Contractors and Services (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/)
-   -   Refrigerator Repairmen (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/contractors-services-91/refrigerator-repairmen-36110/)

LittleDog 02-14-2011 11:04 AM

Refrigerator Repairmen

My refrigerator is acting up lately. Firstly the top half of the freezer is not working correctly. Food on the lower shelves are frozen but not in the upper half. I have turned the freezer temp. up to max and still no improvement. Also we went on a cruise a couple of weeks ago and I turned off the ice maker. I have since turned it back on but still no ice. The refrigerator is a
GE.

Does any one here have any recommendations for a refrigerator repairman. This unit is only 6 years old and I really don't want to buy a new one.

Thanx

John

saratogaman 02-14-2011 11:52 AM

Villages Refrigerator & Appliance Repair
348-3411 or 216-8324
www.villagesapppliance repakir.com
Have your make & model info ready.
He's fast, reliable and reasonable.

saratogaman 02-14-2011 11:53 AM

sorry for the typo...www.villagesappliancerepair.com

skip0358 02-14-2011 12:06 PM

GE

I had a problem with mine. 6 months it took for GE to replace it. If it's not new I'd just dump the junk.don't know the color but there have been several in the last few days. New homeowners getting rid of their appliances. Just a thought.

Barefoot 02-14-2011 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saratogaman (Post 330728)
Villages Refrigerator & Appliance Repair
348-3411 or 216-8324
www.villagesapppliance repakir.com
Have your make & model info ready. He's fast, reliable and reasonable.

For the last few days, we've been having a problem with the freezer in our fridge .. it doesn't freeze but part of our fridge does. This morning I pulled up TOTV and did a search for refrigerator repair. Up popped Jim Risley's name.

I called Jim, and luckily he is working today in our neighbourhood. Within 1/2 hour he was at our house with the required part and quickly fixed the problem, saving our freezer food. As Saratogaman said, he's fast, reliable and reasonable. And may I add, personable and honest.

I love TOTV! :clap2:

LittleDog 02-14-2011 03:00 PM

I called Jim and he will stop this afternoon. He told me that when the temp. gets above 10 in the freezer, at least the top half, it stops making ice. Apparently he will be able to repair it. Thanx for the info re: Jim.

John

Barefoot 02-14-2011 03:14 PM

[QUOTE=jrheydt;330779]I called Jim and he will stop this afternoon. He told me that when the temp. gets above 10 in the freezer, at least the top half, it stops making ice. Apparently he will be able to repair it. Thanx for the info re: Jim.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That was our problem also. Jim fixes hundreds of fridges a year. We called him today at noon and by 2 PM, our freezer was fixed! Fabulous service! :thumbup:

golfergirl 08-25-2011 02:58 PM

We called Jim on August 23rd and he came 2 hours later and fixed the circulation fan in no time. Great job and good service.

Barefoot 08-25-2011 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfergirl (Post 386285)
We called Jim on August 23rd and he came 2 hours later and fixed the circulation fan in no time. Great job and good service.

Isn't Jim wonderful. So glad he could fix your problem. And he is not only very knowledgeable; he is such a nice guy!

784caroline 08-26-2011 08:02 AM

Does Jim only do refrigerators or other appliances such as Dishwashers or washers/Dryers?

saratogaman 08-26-2011 09:30 AM

He does it all...fixed my dryer, too.

militarymom 09-20-2011 11:23 AM

Washer repair

Our two year old washer stopped working last night. I got on this GREAT web site and got info on Villages Refrigerator & Appliance Repair. Called Jim Risley this morning and he came in no time. Repair it and charged $55. He was GREAT!!! Thanks

Barefoot 09-20-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by militarymom (Post 396692)
Our two year old washer stopped working last night. I got on this GREAT web site and got info on Villages Refrigerator & Appliance Repair. Called Jim Risley this morning and he came in no time. Repair it and charged $55. He was GREAT!!! Thanks

I'm so glad you called Jim and he fixed your problem. I agree that the recommendations on this website are priceless! Jim is a great guy, very professional and helpful. We called him to fix our freezer and he appeared within 20 minutes. Amazing.

sassy6582 10-12-2011 06:09 AM

Village Refrigeration & Appliance Repair

Just had both a refrigerator and washer repaired by this company. Absolutely excellent same day service, totally professional and the problems identified and corrected very quickly. We highly recommend!!