Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, Non Villages Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/)
-   -   Two and a half men (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-non-villages-discussion-93/two-half-men-36151/)

jebartle 02-15-2011 07:02 PM

Two and a half men

I confess, I'm absolutely hooked on this disgusting show...giggle....My question, WHY hasn't Charlie Sheen been arrested when media reports drug parties....The average Joe, would have been thrown in jail by now....I must be missing something!:shrug::shrug:

2newyorkers 02-15-2011 07:05 PM

I also love this show, but I do not think the last 2 years have been as good as previous years.

redwitch 02-15-2011 08:50 PM

The media can report anything it wants -- the police have to have evidence. So, if they ain't there, they can't arrest on someone's say-so. I feel sorry for Charlie. I mean really, truly sorry. He has a serious illness and no intention to truly get the help he needs. When he works, he works. When he isn't working, he parties.

Arresting him is not the answer. Jail has rarely got a junkie to quit using -- it's just kept the junkie off the streets and stopped the illegal activities needed to support the habit. Let's face it, Charlie's illegal activities aren't robbery and burglary. He can afford his habit for a couple of lifetimes. (Of course, his lifetimes are going to be awfully short if he doesn't quit.) Rehab only works if the junkies wants to quit. For now, Charlie doesn't want to.

It was kind of interesting on The View recently. Whoopie stated she understood Charlie's addiction perfectly -- including that he would leave rehab to do the series. She said when she was addicted, she was the same way. She could do her job with no problem, but the minute the movie, gig, whatever was done, she would go back to heavy usage and partying. I'm so glad she quit using. I hope Charlie finds his bottom so that he can be the actor he was.

katezbox 02-15-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 331146)
The media can report anything it wants -- the police have to have evidence. So, if they ain't there, they can't arrest on someone's say-so. I feel sorry for Charlie. I mean really, truly sorry. He has a serious illness and no intention to truly get the help he needs. When he works, he works. When he isn't working, he parties.

Arresting him is not the answer. Jail has rarely got a junkie to quit using -- it's just kept the junkie off the streets and stopped the illegal activities needed to support the habit. Let's face it, Charlie's illegal activities aren't robbery and burglary. He can afford his habit for a couple of lifetimes. (Of course, his lifetimes are going to be awfully short if he doesn't quit.) Rehab only works if the junkies wants to quit. For now, Charlie doesn't want to.

It was kind of interesting on The View recently. Whoopie stated she understood Charlie's addiction perfectly -- including that he would leave rehab to do the series. She said when she was addicted, she was the same way. She could do her job with no problem, but the minute the movie, gig, whatever was done, she would go back to heavy usage and partying. I'm so glad she quit using. I hope Charlie finds his bottom so that he can be the actor he was.

Red - I don't like the show, but feel much the way you do about Charlie.... I like to read posts by those who look behind the issues and feel compassion....

BritParrothead 02-16-2011 06:18 AM

Love the show!! The new season has just started here in England. So funny!!:clap2: :clap2:

Russ_Boston 02-16-2011 08:26 AM

From all reports Charlie is a consummate professional on the set. And it shows in his work.

I agree with Red. He doesn't seem willing to try and kick it. Not sure what the bottom will be but I feel it is coming sooner than later.

graciegirl 02-25-2011 08:32 AM

The show has been shut down.

I guess than that he will have all of his time to do drugs which bodes ill for him.

I think he is so addicted that the decisions are already made. He can't decide to stop.

Sad. Really sad.

Drug addiction is horrible.

Ooper 02-25-2011 08:41 AM

Production will resume again March 1st. Apparently, the network will only be short a few of the originally planned episodes.

nitehawk 02-25-2011 08:42 AM

I really hope he stops - Please not another "John Belushe"

zcaveman 02-25-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooper (Post 333647)
Production will resume again March 1st. Apparently, the network will only be short a few of the originally planned episodes.

According to the Sentinel, he did a rant against creator Chuck Lorre and Lorre shut down production for the season. It is verified at TV Guide.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Charlie-...n-1029823.aspx

quidam65 02-25-2011 10:54 AM

Sheen went on a syndicated talk radio/internet show with Alex Jones (an Austin, Texas based right-wing conspiracy nut of the worst order; for example he thinks having fluoride in the water supply is a means of government mind control) and essentially slammed Lorre (who's real name is Charles Levine) for being Jewish (Jones is also an anti-Semite).

Lorre doesn't need Sheen to make money. Lorre is also the creator of another popular CBS sitcom, The Big Bang Theory; Jim Parsons recently won a Golden Globe and an Emmy for his portrayal of Dr. Sheldon Cooper, one of the show's lead characters. The only "incident" on that show is that another of the main characters was out for two episodes due to a broken leg sustained while horseback riding, a far cry from a drug and sex party that tore up an entire hotel room.

Ooper 02-25-2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zcaveman (Post 333677)
According to the Sentinel, he did a rant against creator Chuck Lorre and Lorre shut down production for the season. It is verified at TV Guide.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Charlie-...n-1029823.aspx

Today's Daily Sun (2/25/11) reported differently... and we all know our Daily Sun only reports verified facts!

redwitch 02-25-2011 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaParkersburg (Post 333706)
Charlie hangs a bad name on all perverts, alcoholics and drug addicts. Tsk Tsk Tsk.

Like all alcoholics and addicts, Charlie Sheen has an illness. He also has a great talent and a great ego. The two combined make for a great tragedy, not just for him but those who worked on Two and Half Men, his family and friends and those who get involved in his messes. However, he does not give a bad name to those suffering from alcoholism and addiction, any more than an Alzheimer's patient who runs down the street nude gives that disease a bad name. Hopefully, he will soon hit bottom so that we can again enjoy his talent. Until then, we can pray for him rather than make light of his disease.

zcaveman 02-25-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ooper (Post 333701)
Today's Daily Sun (2/25/11) reported differently... and we all know our Daily Sun only reports verified facts!

But I read the Sentinel first so I take the first word as Gospel. :pepper2:

Now that I think if it, that comment will get a few comments!!! :shrug:

Bosoxfan 02-25-2011 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwitch (Post 331146)
She said when she was addicted, she was the same way. She could do her job with no problem, but the minute the movie, gig, whatever was done, she would go back to heavy usage and partying. I'm so glad she quit using. I hope Charlie finds his bottom so that he can be the actor he was.

I'm sure it was a slip but she" was" addicted.You seem to understand the subject so I'm guessing you know that once an addict always an addict.Being clean & sober doesn't mean you're no longer addicted.