Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Advice please: Which Village? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/advice-please-village-36197/)

DCGolfer 02-17-2011 04:32 PM

Advice please: Which Village?

I have been reading TV real estate listings, intending to buy next summer (depending on sale of current house). The listings seem to judge "location, location, location" by how close it is to one of the shopping centers (or to the VA hosp., etc). However I'm sure different villages have "personalities." Occasionally a listing will refer to a village as "prestigious." What do they mean? Big bucks? Horsey? Sailors? Good golfers?

Tell me about your village, what you like about it, what sort of person (female) would fit right in. Or, if you wish you'd picked another village, tell me which one and why.

redwitch 02-17-2011 04:47 PM

Quite hnestly, theyre all great villages. Everyone will say how perfect theirs is. I love mine (De La Vista West because it is just north of 466, very near the Morse gate) because it is central and about the same distance to LSL and SS.

Don't pick by location so much as by getting the house you want and can afford. Things to look for are: garage size; how much yard work will be involved; bond, low bond, no bond. I think all villages have various levels of golfers from the very good to the no way will I play this game. "Prestigious" usually means one of the Bridgeport villages (they're all premier homes).

Every neighborhood/village will have its advantages and disadvantages. The homes north of 466 have more old growth, bigger lots, less deed restrictions, lower bonds. South of 466 the homes are newer. The further south you get, the newer the homes. Newer homes mean new neighbros who usually haven't had a chance to find their circle of friends and, thus, more is done in the neighborhood for at least the first few years.

So, pick your home by what is important to you rather than location -- barring a few exceptions, location really isn't an issue in TV although it can be a selling point.

ducati1974 02-17-2011 05:39 PM

We chose Virginia Trace because (a) it will be the approximate center of TV after the buildout is done and (b) its proximity to Lake Sumter Landing. No regrets! As always...to each his own. As Redwitch stated you should find a home that meets as many of your own criteria as possible.

graciegirl 02-17-2011 05:41 PM

Mine is absolutely the best because of the mix of houses and the way people keep their yards so pretty and the people here have the greatest golf carts and the get togethers here are stellar and my golfing partners are the most patient and our dogs are the cutest and we have the most talented artists and the best musicians and the cooks are the greatest and people are so flexible and kind. We have a mix of ages and backgrounds and experiences.

Yup. My village is the best.

l2ridehd 02-17-2011 05:59 PM

No Gracie, mine is the best. Sunset Pointe is the best Village in The Villages. And all the others who live in other villages? Don't know it because they have never lived there. So they will all tell you their village is best, but their wrong.

Chief X 02-17-2011 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 331596)
Mine is absolutely the best because of the mix of houses and the way people keep their yards so pretty and the people here have the greatest golf carts and the get togethers here are stellar and my golfing partners are the most patient and our dogs are the cutest and we have the most talented artists and the best musicians and the cooks are the greatest and people are so flexible and kind. We have a mix of ages and backgrounds and experiences.

And even if your Village isn't the best, you deserve an award for having the longest sentence on the forum that tells it all! haha.

diskman 02-17-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by graciegirl (Post 331596)

barf:evil6: :spoken: lol

Mudder 02-17-2011 08:06 PM

We love our village, El Cortez. Perfect location, great trees !

Bill-n-Brillo 02-17-2011 08:12 PM

Pick your Village based on your own criteria - what things are most important to you.

Like many others, you might just find that where you choose isn't all that critical.......since you'll rarely be at home other than to sleep! There are just too many things to do in TV!!

Bill

ijusluvit 02-17-2011 08:15 PM

Best of all!

Obviously, the folks who have written so far just haven't been around. If they spent another minute or two on their golf carts, they might discover my village, by far the best of all!

My village has wonderful people, many who have been here for awhile and support each other no matter whether someone has a terminal illness or just wants a ride to the postoffice. The homes are beautiful, the scenery of golf courses, preserves, and farms in rolling terrain with lots of oak groves is tranquil and even inspiring. Our newest neighbor moved here from a village next to one of the squares because in the regular hubbub of cart travel where she was, she couldn't go fast enough to suit others; folks would often wiz by her even in tunnels. Everything still looks new here, you can't hear anything but birds on most streets, yet a complete shopping center and major recreation center are literally a couple of blocks away.

Go ahead, guess which one is my village, by far the best of all!

Pturner 02-17-2011 08:21 PM

In conclusion: The best village by far is the one you live in!

dillywho 02-17-2011 09:39 PM

No matter which village you choose, you will fit in because everyone here is so accepting of every "new kid on the block". You should be able to make friends wherever you choose to live and will also be able to make friends from many other villages once you begin to take advantage of the many activities offered.

Welcome!

P.S. Ours is the best, tho.:0000000000luvmyhors

shighsmi 02-17-2011 09:50 PM

I agree with Gracie

Hadley is the best!!!!

Bosoxfan 02-17-2011 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shighsmi (Post 331644)
Hadley is the best!!!!

You're close but my village right up the road is best...AMELIA!!:pepper2:

ricthemic 02-17-2011 10:40 PM

Not sure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCGolfer (Post 331578)
I have been reading TV real estate listings, intending to buy next summer (depending on sale of current house). The listings seem to judge "location, location, location" by how close it is to one of the shopping centers (or to the VA hosp., etc). However I'm sure different villages have "personalities." Occasionally a listing will refer to a village as "prestigious." What do they mean? Big bucks? Horsey? Sailors? Good golfers?

Tell me about your village, what you like about it, what sort of person (female) would fit right in. Or, if you wish you'd picked another village, tell me which one and why.

This is only my second year owning here, not sure of your assumption/ quote "I am sure villages have different "personalities." From everyone we've met here, I don't think so. By "Prestigious", I assume you mean the houses cost a lot more... yes there are many villages and areas within each village that cost more but I would (based upon my experience) suggest that they do NOT have different "personalities". (as in my above title, not sure what you meant) but based upon my limited experience here I do not think there are different personalities from village to village. I only state this because of your statement of how sure you are..
Also, many post, including one on this thread, referred to (in my opinion) a frequently commented "Village" line of delineation as north and south of 466.
Implying that all the houses north were built many years earlier that south. When in reality the houses north of 466 were built in the last twenty to seven years ago and the houses south of 466 were built from eight years ago to now. Thus relatively speaking quite a few villages both north and south were built within a couple of years of each other. As will be the houses built now just north of and south of 466A.
Anyway, even though villages maybe advertised, as you said, "prestigious" it may be, by and of big bucks but defineitly not for "Horsey, Saliors or Good Golfers".
Tbugs, take over.