Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Bonefish Grill (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/bonefish-grill-36212/)

OpusX1 02-18-2011 08:50 AM

Bonefish Grill

We have always had good food and service at Bonefish.
This past Wednesday six of us were at Bonefish. Very crowded as it is $5 bangbang shrimp night. We had reservation and were seated promptly. Waitress took our drink and app order. Everything came out quick and good. Took our orders and we waited and waited. About 40 minutes later one of our party asked the manager if he thought we would eat that night or should we come back the next day?
The manager apologized, checked out what the problem was, the waitress forgot to put in our main course orders. The manager came back and told us our food would be right out, apologizing again and he then comped all of the entrees and gave each couple a card for a free app next visit. Our entree's arrived quickly and hot and very good. Sh!t happens. The quality of a business is how you react to the problems that happen.
Needless to say we will return.

alemorkam 02-18-2011 08:56 AM

Maybe the manager there could hold some training sessions for some of the other restaurant managers in the area. That is terrific what he did. I love Bonefish also

superuke 02-18-2011 09:34 PM

Restaurant experiences in the Villages are good! The bride and I have a great sense of Ha! Ha! therefore very liitle bothers us in the food service industry.

We were driving a bit one morning stopped to get coffee to go at the famous Macdonalds. Ordered two coffee, check came to three dollars and change. I gave the young, young, girl a twenty dollar bill. She gave me $23.00 and change. I said you made a mistake, she answered no I did not. You gave me a twenty. I said look, the coffe is three dollars and change, I gave you a twenty, and you gave me back twenty three dollars and change. She had to get the supervisor, they had along discussion and said so sorry, they took my money and yes gave me back the right change. Girl mumbled something about it's nice you are honest.

Two days later we went Orange Blossems for diiner, we ordered a plate of chicken wings and a plate of Naco's. Check came, she charged us 10 cents for a plate of wings. I waved the girl back, and said you are going to go broke with these prices. She snapped back, the check is correct!, I politely pointed that wings were only 10 cents for a whole plate. I said the chicken family would be very disappointed to get 10 cents for all those wings. She took the check back, three people came out from the back , they discovered to chicken wings were programed at only 10 cents. She corrected the check, and politely said: You guys are honest, there are some people that are not! Ouch! This can't be.

The same Saturday we landed up at Ruby Tuesdays for supper. Yes the place was packed as always. After a few minutes we were seated. We ordered , then we got a free show! The next table over, called for the manager: Would you believe their hamburger was a bit pink on the inside, so they said they ordered medium. After some discussion the couple went a bit squirly and the language was hot! hot!, they told the manager they did not know how to cook. The manager offered a free something. The lady stomped out, kicked the front door, then slinky her husband followed out the door. The tables all around us offered to pay a cover charge for the entertainment. Poor manager! What a goofey customer.

Restaurants are not always at fault. The owners try their best. Sometimes, the staff screw up, each situation is very different. People should be more understanding, we are always greatful someone took the time to serve us, even on holidays, evenings, Sundays and Christmas. Sometimes they put in an extra candle on the birthday cake, no extra charge.

If someone makes a mistake we do with humour! It works.