Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Restaurant Discussions (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/)
-   -   Seafood Galley (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/restaurant-discussions-90/seafood-galley-36220/)

dre1945 02-18-2011 11:40 AM

Seafood Galley

A group of four of us had a bad experience at the new Seafood Galley. We arrived at 6:20 PM and ordered about 6:30. an hour later we still had not recieived our dinners and the explanation was there was a problem with the baked pototatoes that 3 of us ordered. By 7:45 the waitress decided to bring our food without the potatoes since she didn't want to see us wait any longer. The potatoes never came and they never gave us a good explanation. After all, how hard is it to prepare a baked potatoe. We received a $3 per person discount for no potatoes. All four of us decided we wouldn't give this place any more of our business. We asked if the same people ran the place since they moved from the shopping center and was told this is new management. I can see why the place has gone down hill.

Sherman931 02-18-2011 05:20 PM

Wife and I had dinner there a few weeks ago for the first time and it seemed the wait for our entres was a bit long. Food was good andwe will give it one more try.

duckman 06-08-2011 03:46 PM

Once is Enough

Four of us went to Seafood Galley a couple of weeks ago. We will not be back. We waited for nearly an hour for our orders. The clam chowder had NO clams at all - just potatos. When I pointed this out to management I was told that since I had eaten half of the chowder (in search of a clam) I would be charged the full price for it.
Well, they got their $3.95 (or whatever it was) for the chowder but they lost four customers for good.

downeaster 06-08-2011 04:17 PM

I have noticed their parking lot empty the last few days. Either business is very bad or they are no longer in business.

downeaster 06-08-2011 06:58 PM

I just went by Seafood Galley. Hand written sign on door, "OPEN SOON".

Brewster 06-08-2011 08:11 PM

I wonder what will be next in that building?

Floridagal 06-08-2011 09:47 PM

We went there about a month ago with a large group and the service was terrible. We had to wait almost an hour for the food to come. The manager never came over to explain the delay. When it finally arrived there was one dinner short. They finally brought it over about 10 minutes after the rest of us got our food. We will never go back there.

downeaster 06-09-2011 08:46 AM

I would like to see Siam Orchid come back. They had good food, good prices, good service.

Maybe it is the location.

BBQMan 06-09-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by downeaster (Post 361035)
I would like to see Siam Orchid come back. They had good food, good prices, good service.

Maybe it is the location.

Siam Orchid was far and away my favorite restaurant in The Villages. Good food and a great staff.

JohnN 06-21-2011 08:16 PM

marginal at best.. won't be back.