Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   The Villages buildout (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/villages-buildout-36256/)

JimPete 02-19-2011 04:27 PM

The Villages buildout

My wife and I will be retiring in a couple of years and are very interested in calling The Villages home. She is on the website every night checking out the webcams and studying home plans. She is most interested in a new CY but she is scared to death that TV will reach buildout before we can call it quits and join you guys. Does anybody know when buildout will occur?

We will be coming down from Va. the first week in April and hope to meet many.

l2ridehd 02-19-2011 05:20 PM

I believe it will be 2015 or after. However most new homes will be South of 466A sometime next year. To stay in the center of TV you will have to consider a pre-owned. But for my money, a pre-owned is a significantly better option anyway. Probably just me but I see new as being so much more expensive. To many people just look at house plan to house plan and never consider the difference in bond or all the upgrades already done.

I remember a home I bought that a friend looked and and told me about. He said it was a really good buy but the colors were so bad they hated it. Well, they were really bad, but for $2200 I had the entire home painted before moving in and got the home for almost $25000 less because no one could see past the colors. He visited us about a month after we moved in and couldn't believe it was the same home. He wanted to buy it if we ever sold.

JimPete 02-19-2011 05:34 PM

Problem south of 466A?

Thanks, that's a good thought. We will be making our first visit this April so we don't know the area. Is there a problem being south of 466A? Can you still get to the rest of TV from there using a golf car?

skyguy79 02-19-2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPete (Post 332095)
Thanks, that's a good thought. We will be making our first visit this April so we don't know the area. Is there a problem being south of 466A? Can you still get to the rest of TV from there using a golf car?

I know that there is at least one tunnel that crosses under 466A and surely there will be more in the future, but by the time you do buy (or if you buy in Brownwood) there may be a little less need to travel northward as frequently with the development of Brownwood which will include a new urban downtown of Brownwood Paddock Square.

Taj44 02-19-2011 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l2ridehd (Post 332091)
I believe it will be 2015 or after. However most new homes will be South of 466A sometime next year. To stay in the center of TV you will have to consider a pre-owned. But for my money, a pre-owned is a significantly better option anyway. Probably just me but I see new as being so much more expensive. To many people just look at house plan to house plan and never consider the difference in bond or all the upgrades already done.

I remember a home I bought that a friend looked and and told me about. He said it was a really good buy but the colors were so bad they hated it. Well, they were really bad, but for $2200 I had the entire home painted before moving in and got the home for almost $25000 less because no one could see past the colors. He visited us about a month after we moved in and couldn't believe it was the same home. He wanted to buy it if we ever sold.

You are so right. Many people just can't use a little imagination.

Russ_Boston 02-19-2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPete (Post 332095)

There are two tunnels (have been from the start) across 466A and no more are planned. The exact geographic center (n vs. s and e vs. w) will be somewhere in Virginia Trace near Canal St. if my math is correct.

The entire Villages is accessible by golf cart. Better get a gas cart if you move near Brownwood:)

Tbugs 02-19-2011 07:16 PM

Russ and 12ride are both absolutely right. A CYV can be extremely nice and some are very spacious. I like the ones with a golf course view in Villas Valdosta, Villas Berea, and Villas St. Simon. All are north of 466 and would have much smaller bonds than a newly built one.

I bought a re-sale designer home about 18 months ago and am a full timer here. My home only had a $2300 bond as compared to friends who bought new and have $20000 bonds. This makes a lot of difference on your annual property tax bill. My home also has improvements such as year round Florida room, sky lights, solar tubes, and citrus trees. By all means, get solar tubes and a solar powered attic fan.

What part of Virginia are you from? I moved here from Silver Spring, MD.

Pturner 02-19-2011 08:24 PM

:wave: JimPete,
Welcome to TOTV! No, I do not think there will be anything wrong with living in the newest town center area, which will be south of 466a. I'm sure it will be beautiful. As always, great amenities are planned and the shopping areas will be plentiful.

I would say have a great visit-- but when you're coming to TV, that goes without saying. :thumbup: If we are in TV the first week of April, we'd love to meet you!

:beer3:

boobear 02-19-2011 09:26 PM

Tbugs, this is JimPete's better half. We are from Fredericksburg, Va. and I'm ready for the sunshine state. :cold: We have lived in Florida several times before but this time we want to make it home.

Villages Kahuna 02-19-2011 10:55 PM

Something Amazing About The Villages

The Villages has been under active development since 1992. What's amazing about this place is that regardless of which resident you talk to they all seem to believe that they live in the best location and they have the nicest, friendliest neighborhood.

It seems to me that's a tremendous compliment to the developer who has given us this wonderful place to live!

I wouldn't worry a bit about living anywhere in The Villages, from the historic district to the soon-to-be-developed villages south of 466A. If anything, the developer seems to be getting better at making this place "Florida's Friendliest Hometown"!

Maryland Girl 02-21-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimPete (Post 332077)
My wife and I will be retiring in a couple of years and are very interested in calling The Villages home. She is on the website every night checking out the webcams and studying home plans. She is most interested in a new CY but she is scared to death that TV will reach buildout before we can call it quits and join you guys. Does anybody know when buildout will occur?

We will be coming down from Va. the first week in April and hope to meet many.

We just closed on a CYV on February 3. Our TV rep told us buildout would occur within the next four years. When I asked him if that meant you would no longer be able to buy a new home in TV, he said yes but that it would help the market for those wanting to sell their pre-owned homes. By the way, I saw within the last couple of days a pre-owned Grantham CYV (built in 2006) in the village of Sabal Chase (if I remember correctly) on the TV website that looks VERY nice. It is the largest at 1685 sf and the asking price is $269,000. It is definitely worth a look, in my opinion.

katezbox 02-21-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maryland Girl (Post 332595)
We just closed on a CYV on February 3. Our TV rep told us buildout would occur within the next four years. When I asked him if that meant you would no longer be able to buy a new home in TV, he said yes but that it would help the market for those wanting to sell their pre-owned homes. By the way, I saw within the last couple of days a pre-owned Grantham CYV (built in 2006) in the village of Sabal Chase (if I remember correctly) on the TV website that looks VERY nice. It is the largest at 1685 sf and the asking price is $269,000. It is definitely worth a look, in my opinion.

Welcome!

gage405 02-21-2011 10:17 PM

I believe that CYV went under contract today! I looked at it and it is
very nice!

Pturner 02-21-2011 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boobear (Post 332143)
Tbugs, this is JimPete's better half. We are from Fredericksburg, Va. and I'm ready for the sunshine state. :cold: We have lived in Florida several times before but this time we want to make it home.

Hi Boobear,
Don't worry about being able to find a home here. We'll save you a place and leave the light on for you. ;)

:welcome::welcome::welcome:

skyguy79 02-21-2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pturner (Post 332624)
Hi Boobear,
Don't worry about being able to find a home here. We'll save you a place and leave the light on for you. ;)

I thought that running a Motel 6 in your home was against the deed restrictions? http://members.cox.net/cew478/Emoticons/teehee.gif